AlexG6 Guest
    Hawk Host = Awesome

Below is my experience with Bluehost and Hawkhost. I am a long time lurker on WHT so this is my first post. After signing up with Hawk Host i thought this would be a perfect first post
    and also give some props to Hawk Host and their awesome customer service. I also plan to write a 6 and 1 year review in the future.....................
    I originally started an investing blog with the idea to keep track of my stock market purchases. Along the way, my stock investing blog has grown a bit and I have made about $100/month on pure Adsense. Now, when I originally started I had no idea of how this web hosting stuff works. All I wanted was a simple blog. I heard about Wordpress.com but not the self hosted Wordpress. I soon found out about the self hosted wordpress and could not wait to get up and running. I have no idea how I stumbled on Bluehost but I signed up immediately for their plan. Bluehost.com has only 1 plan running at 6.95 for 24 months or $166.80.
    So after about 3 months of hosting with Bluehost, they start having some serious issues. My site at one point was down for 3 days straight. Big deal? every host must have this. But, the dilemma continues for about a month. At this point I am ticked and soon found out they were moving servers,etc. typical BS
    Normal hosting continues until I realized the original domain I had signed up with is no longer active as I started using another domain for SEO purposes. So I logg in to their love chat and get treated really bad. All I wanted to do was switch my main domain so all other sites will be added on my new main one. What do I get?
    * "Back up your sites by yourself its easy" ( yeah Dufus if you spend your whole day doing this stuff)
    * "We do not have time for small jobs"
    * "We have better things to do"
    The last one was the last straw. I could have easily responded back but there was no point arguing. I knew when my account expired my options would be wide open as I had some sort of idea from hanging out in the Digital Point forums on what to look for in a host.
    So I still had about 6 months and I start doing some homework. I constantly check Web hosting Talk and bookmark hosting companies. The first thing I did was look at the sites design. This helped narrow down the good from the bad. Basic idea is...if a web company is not willing to invest in how their site looks, chances are ...it sucks.
    Anyway, with about 1 month to go, I continue to add companies to my bookmark list. Eventually, I get down to about 10. From these 10, I Google their name , look for reviews, checkout web forums,etc.. I'm basically looking for a reason not to sign up with someone. Even with Hawk host I did a little test to see how good support is. I wrote an e-mail, did some chores, came back and I had an e-mail from their support.
    I was sold.
    Now in that test e-mail, I asked if they were willing to transfer my websites. Response: As long as my previous host had cPanel this should be no problem.So once I signed up I contacted support if they would please start the transfer process A.S.A.P. 15 minutes later I get an e-mail that they have initiated the process. WOW!!!!! Again, this is on a Saturday.
    Summary:
    Bluehost.com Customer Service Blew It
    Bluehost.com lost my business ( roughly 10 domains purchased + renewals)
    Hawk host customer service A+
    Hawk host will get new business from me

Great to hear you've found a host that works for you.
    For verification purposes, could you please share the domain you host with them? If you'd rather not post it publicly, please report your post and let us know your domain that way.

HawkHost is a well known host here on WHT and I always see good reviews on them. Tony is doing something right . Good to hear that you are happy with them and I hope your experience stays the same.
    - Daniel

AlexG6 Guest
    Domain is www (dot)contrarianvalueinvesting(dot)com
    It still might say its hosted with Bluehost, but that should change soon.

Another great review for hawkhost!
    Great job guys!

__________________█ powerMonster.net---It's different here!█ Shared/Reseller/Refugee Hosting█ FAST servers in LA, Dallas, and Chicago. | cPanel/Fantastico or DirectAdmin/Installatron hosting!█ We may be small in size but we're BIG on customer service! | Call us toll-free 1.888.245.9622

Not surprising tbh.. Nice to hear HH continue to provide great service, nice job!

It is always nice to hear a good review.

__________________Pick me! Pick me! A Review About "Fake Reviews"
    Unlimited Everything!!! UnhappyHosting.com Special Offer!!!

AlexG6 Guest
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPenguin

It is always nice to hear a good review.

Just finished reading your Bluehost Review. WOW. I head several run in with BH customer service (or lackthere of)but your experience is painful to read

I glad you found my Bluehost review / rant interesting. Dealing with Bluehost can be an extreme lesson in frustration, kind of like trying to drive a railroad spike into a piece of concrete with your forehead. Sorry to hear you difficulties with them too. I don't want to digress into talking about BH on this thread as the main topic here is kudos to HawkHost. HawkHost has had quite a few very positive reviews here on WHT. Keep up the good work, HawkHost.

__________________Pick me! Pick me! A Review About "Fake Reviews"
    Unlimited Everything!!! UnhappyHosting.com Special Offer!!!

Good to hear your hosting experience with us so far has been a good one. I hope it continues to be great.

__________________Quality Shared, Reseller and VPS SolutionsCpanel/WHM • RvSkins • Fantastico de Luxe • 24/7 SupportPHP5 • Zend Framework • PDO • Ruby On Rails • Subversion • TracHawk Host Inc. Quality Web Hosting Since 2004

Glad to hear that you are really happy with them. Have a nice time with HH.

I think your post sold me. I'm looking for a new host and will seriously consider Hawk Host. So thanks for your review.