Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Negative issue with Hostgator

I was suspended for "CPU" abuse by host gator, they suggested to go to a semi dedicated or they will not host the site. Since time was critical I agreed. Since that day the site comes down at least once a day.

Please any other experience with Hostgator. I was preparing to upgrade to a dedicated.

Did you upgrade to the semi-dedicated or are you still on their shared web hosting plans? If they told you that your website is using too many resources, it most likely is using too much and you should upgrade to a semi-dedicated or dedicated.

I upgraded to semi

I suppose it is possible you are still using too many resources...
    Zero Unit Hosting - 24/7 support, PHP, MySQL, site builder, script library
    Web Host Friend Online Hosting Directory - Submit Your Site!

Quote Originally Posted by moyito
    they suggested to go to a semi dedicated or they will not host the site.
    Did you try speaking to HG? If the site isn't working OK when they said it would, they will be able to help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by moyito
    Since that day the site comes down at least once a day.
    Care to elaborate any more on this? Is it technical issues like a resource hogging script or is it their server that is underperforming?

You should definitely talk to HG again so they can help you sort out your problems.

hi,

what is your ticket number with us?

PEN-800699
    This is the ticket, I hate to change host, but I have had some issues with them.
    I have been hosting with them for over a year, I upgraded accordingly from time to time, On a big day, the biggest day for the site, I got suspended. In the note he said that he will move to a semi dedicated server then I will pay him or move elsewhere he did not give me time to even think about it. He suspended me. I call them at around 11:40 pm on tuesday February 7. They restored at 1:30 after I sent an email saying I agree to pay. Now I have 2 accounts one under my reseller account (silver) (49dollars) and the website on a semi dedicated (75dollars).
    I don't know what to do at this point.

Since that dat the website crashes everyday.

Interesting, I had a very similar problem with a big client, and we never could find out the reason why it happened. The site was down for a couple days and they couldn't tell us anything that made any sense. Now the site is a lot slower on the "semi-dedicated" server. Cpanel takes about 5 minutes to load. The whole thing has been a miserable experience for all of us, their support was mostly rude and very slow, one woman tried to hang up on us, said we could only use email and they would contact us when they had time. We used to bring a lot of people or clients to HG but that is over now. At this point I've decided to stop and move all the accounts, but it will take a little time. Hopefully nothing horrible will happen until then. Another friend of ours hasn't been able to receive any email for a couple days on his domain... Too bad for HG. It is hard to believe. So confusing....

Here is your stats straight from whm...

caraibesfm.com %CPU 2.57 %MEM 46.30

Your server is digging into swap this moment because your sites using all the memory. There's a TOTAL of 3 sites on this server and your site is still causing daily downtimes for it.

Here's the report for the other 2 on the box....

ecard*****.com %CPU 0.85 %MEM 7.55

animation*********.com %CPU 0.09 %MEM 0.80

Honestly if your site keeps causing outages for the other two sites you will be required to go to dedicated which still won't be enough memory, but will prevent other customers from going down.

random_human could you please provide your ticket number and domain? I would be happy to look at yours as well. If your server is going slow either you or one of the other two on it are the cause.

If a site over loads a server with a total of 3 sites on it, there's no way it's suitable in a shared environment.

Oh, I apologize. I didn't mean to get a new conversation started about this particular case. I was just noticing how similar the original problem in this post was and felt I had to mention something. I've been reading this forum on and off for a while but I've never posted because I felt like I didn't have much to add, but now since this happened I think I'll start being more active with all the people here. The client I mentioned has decided to move on and they have no desire to talk about it anymore or even deal with anything further. I felt bad enough already because they went through a huge amount of frustration and the situation made them look bad to a lot of people. Now I look bad to them too but they still trust me to continue with them.

Well, it was actually great while it lasted at HG but we were suddenly slammed into a brick wall and there's nothing else to be said. I know everyone has different experiences, some good, some bad, and we each have to take our own circumstances into account and move on accordingly.

What was their domain name that had a problem?

I could be wrong, but doesn't this JS code on his site cause like 30 times the hits for every time a page loads?

Code:
    location.reload();}MM_reloadPage(true);// -->function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0  
    window.open(theURL,winName,features);}function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0 
     window.open(theURL,winName,features);}function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0  
    window.open(theURL,winName,features);}
    function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
      window.open(theURL,winName,features);
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }

host gator ... sucks... i tried them for puppyhost.com and they didnt give me my password or user name until i requested a refund then they told me that they are gunna give me a refund and to this DAY i havent recieved a DIME.. i have wrote "JASON" many times and told him of this matter and the longer it goes the more money they charge me

STAY AWAY FROM HOST GATOR

Capacityhost, I am using them right now and things have been good. Sounds like there is definetly another side to your story, I highly doubt they just wouldn't give you your name and pass for that long.

capacityhost provide a ticket number as I'm positive what you're saying is completely false.

[HGSales #CHT-38625-729]: RE: Your HostGator Order
    Once you registered the private nameservers with the corresponding IP's then you'll want to set the nameservers for that domain to:

ns1&ns2.yourdomain.com

Have you done this?

Thanks for letting me work with you!

Best Regards,

Chad
    HostGator.com
    Welcome to the hostgator family!

Your sites IP address:

Your name servers:
    ns151.websitewelcome.com
    ns152.websitewelcome.com

You MUST read http://www.hostgator.com/resellerinfo.html for all the information needed to manage your account.

Sincerely,
    The Hostgator Team
    Please allow up to 20 minutes for your account to be setup. You will receive an email notification at such time along with your account information. If you fail to receive this email please check your spam / junk email folder. If you still don't have it please contact sales@hostgator.com with another email address we can send to.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 02-15-2006 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com
    capacityhost provide a ticket number as I'm positive what you're saying is completely false.
    [HGSales #CHT-38625-729]: RE: Your HostGator Order
    Once you registered the private nameservers with the corresponding IP's then you'll want to set the nameservers for that domain to:

ns1&ns2.yourdomain.com

Have you done this?

Best Regards,

Chad
    HostGator.com
    Welcome to the hostgator family!

Your sites IP address:

Your name servers:
    ns151.websitewelcome.com
    ns152.websitewelcome.com

You MUST read http://www.hostgator.com/resellerinfo.html for all the information needed to manage your account.

Sincerely,
    The Hostgator Team
    Please allow up to 20 minutes for your account to be setup. You will receive an email notification at such time along with your account information. If you fail to receive this email please check your spam / junk email folder. If you still don't have it please contact sales@hostgator.com with another email address we can send to.

Man... I hear hostgator raves all the time. Whether good or bad... Mix bad of opinions here again. What kind of site was it that ate those resources?
    DirectAdmin & Cpanel Hosting
    DirectAdmin: 1Khosted.COM Cpanel: 50gigs.NET

Interesting password there...

lol i just now noticed that. they actually gave you that as the login for root? (chuckels)!
    DirectAdmin & Cpanel Hosting
    DirectAdmin: 1Khosted.COM Cpanel: 50gigs.NET

Quote Originally Posted by itwanabe
    lol i just now noticed that. they actually gave you that as the login for root? (chuckels)!
    yeah they gave me root access then they said i couldnt have root access because it wasnt a vps... then i asked for the user name and password... and they said the ips were messed up set them to somthing else so i did that then they had me switch them back because they "fixed" the problem.... then i said i want a refund then they sent me to fill out a cancelation form ... sooo i want my dam money back no your 30$ you offered me for hosting that i never got!!!!!!!!!!!!

hostgator where are you.. you were sooooo quick to say what i said wasnt true soooo where is your response i have my records where are yours?

Here is the entire ticket and no where did you ask for login, a refund or cancellation. Please backup your ridiculous claim. If you want a refund that's fine just provide the ticket number where you requested cancellation and it will be issued. As of now your account is still active until you provide verification by filling out the form.

start of ticket
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:05:09 -0600

Can I set my own name servers to pethoster.com?
    Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:06:25 -0600

Yes and assign them to IPs:

Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:24:19 -0600

Ok I set the ips in but do I need to set the ns1.pethoster.com
    And ns2.pethoster.com to this domain or just leave that out ?

Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:51:12 -0600

Once you register the nameservers, then yes you would point your domain to those as well. (2 step process basically - Register nameservers, point nameservers)

Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:41:18 -0600

I think I have everything setup correctly but im not sure.. Im not new to
    this but I just cant seem to get it...
    www.pethoster.com
    is there something im doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Casye

Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:52:47 -0600

ns1&ns2.yourdomain.com

Have you done this?

Best Regards,

Chad
    HostGator.com
    Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:54:51 -0600

Yeah I named them already
    Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:02:52 -0600

Ok, if you'd like give me your registrar login and I will try to set them for you.

Best Regards,

Chad
    HostGator.com

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:58:26 -0600

Hello chad

Please do not touch anything else but PETHOSTER.COM

www.godaddy.com

login edit: (I'm not going to post your login)

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:40:18 -0600

hi,

We have changed the nameserver for that domain for you.

If there is anythign else please let us know.

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:40:44 -0600

What did you changed them to?

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:42:03 -0600

There is still no response.. from the site www.pethoster.com
    How long will it take for it to propagate

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:45:44 -0600

Hi,

It could take less time...But the standard propagations time is 24-48 hours.

If something happens and for some reason they don't propagate, please let us know and we will assist you as best we can.

Thanks!

Aaron Lawvere

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:49:31 -0600

I had those set to ns1.pethoster.com and ns2.pethoster.com
    This is taking way to long I should have been up yesterday
    Please let me know
    Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:57:41 -0600

Where as your private nameservers have already propagated, your domain will also need to process and update the new changes.

By default, it can take 24-48 hours. We cannot change that, you will just have to wait the propagation time.

Thanks!

Aaron Lawvere

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    End of ticket

From the looks of it you didn't bother waiting the full 48 hours :\

I've had websites in the past that took the full 48 hours for propagation (Sometimes for me, sometimes for the public).

As Usual, a Newbie crying wolf

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast