Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ANSASERVERS View Post
    cPanel kept the same pricing for MANY years and never changed its terms.
    Until taken over by the exact same entity as WHMCS.
    i was consulted about the licence changes and they spent the time to hear my concerns
    Just like you claimed WHMCS had with the response by Phyllis, John, then Saxon. They, too, listened, and did as much as Cpanel did for you.
    Nothing.

Based on the message you'd sent Matt Pugh (post #2 above), I'm frankly surprised they didn't bin everything from you, as you called him and the company "worthless" and so much more. They instead listened to your tirade, and quietly defused your anger without providing any capitulation to your demands.
    They will never do anything for you (or any of us).

You say you've chosen an alternative now, so good luck.
    Odds are if they ever get to be as complete and popular as WHMCS, they will also be courted by someone like Webpros (if not them). The owner of the product you chose (who immediately gives a thumbs up for any negative comment about his competition as he did in this thread) states he will never sell out.
    We'll see. Most give in when they see the offer.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by ANSASERVERS View Post
    If you have that attitude then nothing! Stop being a sheep and following the pack and stand up and call it out. There are far better cms/support systems if you wish to look. I did not look as i was a sheep until i went looking.

We ended up choosing Blesta but there are far better ones out there even still.
    Eh. Not even following the pack. At this time it's just the most sensible choice for my business (and I'm sure for many others too).

Anyways I hope Blesta suits your needs. I've been testing it and I still find it lacking in many ways. Plus seeing their feature request system full of spam... it's definitely not encouraging.

If you're happy with Blesta (or any of the other alternatives) then I honestly wouldn't see the point of further engaging with the WHMCS team. Move on.
    FrogeHostSuper Fast NVMe SSD Hosting
    100% Uptime • Auto Backups • 30 Day Money Back Guarantee • Crypto Payments Accepted!
    Free API for HTML Forms - Send form submissions directly to your email address.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogeHost View Post
    Plus seeing their feature request system full of spam... it's definitely not encouraging.
    Had a look. Not only full of spam, but many of the spams are marked "under consideration". How does that even happen?

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Odds are if they ever get to be as complete and popular as WHMCS, they will also be courted by someone like Webpros (if not them). The owner of the product you chose (who immediately gives a thumbs up for any negative comment about his competition as he did in this thread) states he will never sell out.
    We'll see. Most give in when they see the offer.
    We've received several offers, all unsolicited, and declined them all. If only you knew. Please don't pretend to know what we would or wouldn't do and then use that against us in the court of public opinion.

Is it now against forum rules to like posts that you like if they have to do with you? I don't remember seeing anything about that in the rules, but you question my replies to posts on totally unrelated topics for which I provide valuable input, so I'm not surprised. It's why I rarely post here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Had a look. Not only full of spam, but many of the spams are marked "under consideration". How does that even happen?
    Very simple reason that you could have easily guessed. That happens because the default status for new requests is "Under Consideration". No one changed it. Spam is a big problem as we all know, we go through it and clean it out as we can. Eventually we'll switch to a better request platform.
    Blesta - The Billing Platform for Hosting Providers
    Client Management, Billing, & Support Software
    Trial - Demo | 714-923-7325 | Twitter @blesta

Quote Originally Posted by Blesta-Paul View Post
    We've received several offers, all unsolicited, and declined them all. If only you knew. Please don't pretend to know what we would or wouldn't do and then use that against us in the court of public opinion.

Is it now against forum rules to like posts that you like if they have to do with you? I don't remember seeing anything about that in the rules, but you question my replies to posts on totally unrelated topics for which I provide valuable input, so I'm not surprised. It's why I rarely post here anymore.

Very simple reason that you could have easily guessed. That happens because the default status for new requests is "Under Consideration". No one changed it. Spam is a big problem as we all know, we go through it and clean it out as we can. Eventually we'll switch to a better request platform.
    But you could work on your support and your product instead of liking comments against whmcs. just a recommendation of someone who bought 15 blesta licenses, and they are all in the trash since around 2 years or so, because of the lack of support.

Guys, price increases are a way of every industry now. Just roll with them as long as there is price elasticity. I have seen many times providers don't understand their client base which is not averse to an annual price bump.

Just accept the times of 'we never change your price as long as you are our customer' are gone.

Just change to 'we shall revise our prices annually for inflation and other input increase' and go with the best panel/script.

Focus on value addition to your clients and they will give you the annual bumps!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenmue View Post
    But you could work on your support and your product instead of liking comments against whmcs. just a recommendation of someone who bought 15 blesta licenses, and they are all in the trash since around 2 years or so, because of the lack of support.
    We're doing those things every single day and have added many new features and integrations in the past 2 years. The 4 or 5 likes that Bear is likely thinking of, over the many years WHT has had the feature, took very little time and didn't take away from anything we are doing with Blesta. It's a little creepy that he notices everything I like.

If you want to chat about your licenses, reach out, I would love to discuss. I don't recall your particular issue, but if you still have the licenses, you can still use them. If you needed some feature that didn't exist then, maybe it does now, or maybe we can add it. A lot has changed in 2 years.
    Blesta - The Billing Platform for Hosting Providers
    Client Management, Billing, & Support Software
    Trial - Demo | 714-923-7325 | Twitter @blesta

I purchased Blesta, clientexec and HostBill when WHMCS dropped owned licenses.

I first tried migrating to Blesta. Support went cold on me after it failed.

There is no xero integration, there are lots of other features mossing and well.

So far hosbill seems the only alternative to WHMCS, but it’s a learning curve and who knows if they will change pricing.

So far I have stuck with WHMCS.

Sticking with WHMCS for now as I don't see anything even close to comparable, so no, I won't be joining the OPs crusade against them (and yes, I read the entire thread). That's not saying I completely agree with how they've handled their licensing.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

Cool story Paul, but if I post within the rules, I can say what I feel, so I still believe "we'll see".
    Is it now against forum rules to like posts that you like if they have to do with you?
    Did I say it was against the rules?
    I would question that the original post was "to do with you", though. It was not. Your product was not mentioned until long after post#1. This has occurred time and again, each time WHMCS is complained about, has a security issue and what have you. You're allowed to "thumb" any post you like, but it's really obvious to those paying any attention to it. Positive about your product or negative about the competition, there you are. No harm in it, just *glaringly* obvious.
    you question my replies to posts on totally unrelated topics for which I provide valuable input, so I'm not surprised.
    Your personal dislike of me has nothing to do with me asking a question about a post, Paul (it was ONE post). I could care less what you think of me. If it helps, I don't think about you at all most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjayuk View Post
    I purchased Blesta,

I first tried migrating to Blesta. Support went cold on me after it failed.

Same here. shame on them. a lot of time wasted.

The 4 or 5 likes that Bear is likely thinking of, over the many years WHT has had the feature
    I found 5 just now in a very fast search, so I'm sure of the 147 it shows in your profile there's a lot more. I can't be bothered to do so.
    It's a little creepy that he notices everything I like.
    I like you have the time to pick a fight, but question the wisdom of it.
    I read a lot of threads. When I see a thumb given, it takes a second to see who gave it. When the thread is about your product or your main competitor, I can generally count on who gave it before looking.

You probably want to rethink this line of responses you're making, Paul, but I'm sure you know best.

On another note, this thread is about WHMCS. It really should go back to that.

I don't think many will check this thread in detail anyway because the initial posts are difficult to read when a wall of text is used and no quotes. Not easy to work out what OP or WHMCS is saying. OP probably should have learnt how to use the Quote feature before posting. Ah well.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    I don't think many will check this thread in detail anyway because the initial posts are difficult to read when a wall of text is used and no quotes. Not easy to work out what OP or WHMCS is saying. OP probably should have learnt how to use the Quote feature before posting. Ah well.
    Agree with Chris on this one. This thread is hard to read and I've reviewed the majority of it, but it's clear that WHMCS made that change and you're not happy. What they did to people who forked out money for owned licenses was somewhat suspect, but at the same time, they also have to run a business. So my question for you OP is what would make you happy? If they offered you a monthly subscription at a discounted price from their retail pricing, would that be sufficient? If so, what is that price in your eyes that is fair?

-Steven
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12