SolaDrive Review - An Amazing Hosting Company

Hi All,

I just wanted to leave a review for SolaDrive. My experience with them has been nothing short of amazing.

I have my own marketing agency and host my own websites and some for clients. As SEO is a big part of what we offer, speed matters regarding hosting.

I was on AWS with a c5n.2xlarge (2 vCPUs on Xeon Skylake 8000 Processors and 21 GB of Ram), and my drives were io2 300 IOPS. I thought this would be more than enough to handle the 100-250 sites I would be hosting and give me all the speed I could want. This was fine initially, but over time, and with increased sites, I noticed this was becoming a problem and way more expensive than needed.

I searched high and low for different web server providers, both managed and unmanaged (I am not a hosting guy, but I know enough to screw things up). After researching about 30 different providers, I found something on this forum about SolaDrive. I had just purchased a Ryzen 5950X server for some tasks at home, so I knew that I liked that configuration. I asked some questions and others confirmed it's a great choice for a web host server.

The special they had running for a Ryzen 5950X, 64GB of Ram, and NVME 1 TB drives. They are also managed, so they take care of the server side and (best of all) said they would migrate all of my sites from my AWS account to this one. I was using Hestia CP, which is great from a simple admin point of view, but terrible in that it doesn't have a migration feature.

I placed the order (I had a conversation with John ahead of placing the order, as I had a few questions), and the server was setup in about one day (there was a delay in getting the parts as the deal was so good, they had too many orders, but they adjusted my billing date to account for that without even asking). It took time to migrate all the sites, but I can only say HOLY SH!T. This f*cking server is amazing. My TTFB went from 700-1500ms to 60-90ms. Fully loaded time on various sites is down by 2 seconds on average. Everything about the server and the network is incredible.

I would be happy with that on its own, but the support is where they shine. In migrating the sites, I had some weird configurations I wanted, and they did it without complaint. They kept me in the loop the entire way. I went with Cyberpanel (Litespeed enterprise panel), and because of a misconfiguration on the cyberpanel end, we had to go to them. They didn't ask me to sort it out. They logged in and are working on the ticket to ensure the server is perfect. Next, I will ask them to get me a great Christmas list for everyone I have to get gifts for because they seem to know exactly what I need.

I know this server will meet my needs for a long time, but if I do grow beyond this single server, I will be going back to them over and over for any servers or other web hosting-related needs I have, and you should too.

Plenty of reviews popping up lately. Good job!

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Sound like their doing a good job! Great and detailed review.

This is what we need more of here - thorough, well thought out reviews. Kudos to John and his team.

I completely agree with the OP's glowing review of SolaDrive. After a horrid experience with another dedicated hosting provider, I moved to a budget-priced, managed server at SolaDrive. I was there for 18 months and have nothing but good to say about them. The staff was friendly, professional, and helpful during the migration and after. The server was fast and reliable. On the occasions that I had issues, staff responded quickly and fixed whatever the problem was quickly. Last month, I decided to downsize and try a simpler web hosting solution. If it doesn't work out and I decide to look for a managed VPS, my first choice will be SolaDrive. I know there are many great deals on fast, unmanaged servers, but for a managed solution, SolaDrive seemed like the best choice, and I was not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Theguy1 View Post
    I went with Cyberpanel (Litespeed enterprise panel), and because of a misconfiguration on the cyberpanel end, we had to go to them.
    @Theguy1 great review. I'm curious did you opt for Cyberpanel (Litespeed enterprise panel) 4 workers @$70/mo or the 4+ workers @$96/month ?

Quote Originally Posted by WindsOfChange View Post
    @Theguy1 great review. I'm curious did you opt for Cyberpanel (Litespeed enterprise panel) 4 workers @$70/mo or the 4+ workers @$96/month ?
    @WindsOfChange I di the 4 workers, not the 4+. I ended up leaving Cyberpanel and moving to DirectAdmin. The cyberpanel is really limiting and their support is absolute trash. Directadmin is a much better panel and still affordable.