Nexus Bytes is a no-no for me

I read some good reviews about Nexus Bytes and their prices seem to be good for shared hosting.

Just signed in yesterday morning, and provided them my info for site migration. Their response time is long, about 3 to 4 hours. Then, today in the morning they replied that they needed me to upload the backup of the cPanel account to the ftp, and they will keep me updated. Well, it seems that will take forever. There's no update in the process and no site migration after 30 hours.

My sites are small, and I know that clients like me are not significant to their business, but man, I think we deserve some attention.

This is the worst experience I’ve had in 13 years, regarding web hosting services.

There's no refund in their Shared Hosting service, so I consider that money already lost.

Hi Hector,
    Sorry to hear that, but if it's start like this, how it will continue?

Yes, it's sucks to lose money, but prefer to lose on start instead after few months/years or that something worst happen.

I suggest you to find another company that first have money back guarantee, and second before you transfer all your customers try their support team in different hours to see response time.

Regards.

Maybe they are overloaded with work/and have a flood of new customers, and can't keep up with the demand!? Businesses who want/need your business will respond and work on everything within seconds/minutes, not hours or days.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Sometimes moving backup might be not so easy as expected. But, of course, would be better if provider inform customer about current status of task.
    TK Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR

At first I'm happy with Nexus Bytes, at least for several months. Server good, support very good and fast.

But yes, lately their support getting slower and slower, much slower, and the support answer doesn't hit the problem.

Perhaps they are overloaded with works and get too many new customers that they can't keep up.

Support is everything and this is what lets most providers down sadly.
    << Please review the Forum Guidelines regarding signatures >>

NexusBytes is prem. I work with them since over 3 years now. They currently got a little bit trouble because they lack of human resources.
    Here is the full statement if you are interested:

Dear Friends and Family,

Hope you are well and so are your loved ones. This email contains updates and explanations, that are not long due, but overdue at this very moment. This is also a combination of personal message and major company updates.

Let me reintroduce myself, I am Jay, the proud founder of Nexus Bytes LLC. Over the years, I have had the pleasure of assisting most, if not every one of our family members, personally at one point or another. I have always taken pride in myself and my team’s work. The brand we have built combined with your support and support, alongside, many hours of hard work, by my team and I.
    Lately, you may have noticed that the quality of our support has dropped. No, not only dropped, but what I would outright call disgusting by our own standard. As of this moment, there are a total of 219 tickets, that are either unanswered, ignored or pending my intervention. This is not intentional.

Before I even give you any explanation, let me start by personally apologizing to each and every one of you. I solemnly apologize for the service interruptions, the lack of support and the overall horrible experience some of you may have felt and faced over the span of last couple of weeks. This is not what I have built this company on and this is not something, neither myself nor my team is proud of.

If you weren’t aware, Nexus Bytes is/was being run primarily by myself, alongside Roy as my right-hand person, who usually handles most billing and sales questions. We have a dedicated support team for after hour support to ensure 24/7 premium support. Unfortunately, Roy chose to step down from his role around the end of July/early August, due to personal reasons. Which created extra work load for myself and my team. Roy would also occasionally handle escalations, when I am not around (sickness/day off etc.).

The vision was to train a new person ASAP to replace Roys position. Unfortunately, that didn’t work as I have planned for. When it rains, it pours. My life went through a perfect storm. I wish I was joking when I said that!
    About a month before Roy left, I was going through a major transition period of my personal life. The day Roy left, literally the 2nd day, I caught Covid-19. Which took almost 6 weeks out of my life. Once that was gone, I was happy. Sadly, not for more than 2 days! Comes the Flu! Alright, that will pass. Oh, no! While being completely bedridden, I managed to fracture my leg. Half the time I am sleeping and the other half when I am not, I am on some kind of meds for the last 3 months. Any who, long story short, things are slowly going back to normal. I am at the last stage of my recovery period.

Why did I bother telling you all these? Nexus Bytes was built on offering personal care and that “family” touch. We believe in transparency. I believe in being honest with those, who trusted us with their day-to-day operations. I and we owe you an explanation and it is not a fun one to share . Being the captain of this ship, without my presence and due to lack of my co-captain, this ship felt like it is sinking. Thankfully, I am at the final stage of my recovery and hope to be fully dedicate my time again within the next 2/3 days.

Here are the next steps:
    • Pending tickets: Every single one of them will be responded and answered back by no later than November the 10th. If we owe you compensation, I will ensure that you get what you are owed, if not more. I am sorry.
    • We will not be deleting any tickets. If your ticket was closed automatically, please wait till the 7th before you reopen them.
    • Some internal processes will change to ensure I am not the only person who can approve/clarify certain things. Removing single point of failure is very crucial at our current business size and operation.
    To prevent this from ever happening in the future, 2 New hires are being on boarded this Friday the 5th. Both of them will be assisting me directly and locally.
    • Support team will be fully retrained.
    • By December 1st, our goal will be to decrease standard response time to 30 minutes or under.
    • There will be a new premium department for High Urgency tickets, that requires admins asap attention. These will go directly to an L3 admin, regardless of the time of the day, and will be responded with top urgency. This will be a premium feature. We are also toying with the idea of implementing live support for those tickets if needed.
    • We will be reintegrating our Heartbeat system to be more robust.
    • Please expect to receive some exciting/positive emails by the end of November, once me and my team gets everything back on track.
    • I will be available in the public forums like before (@seriesn) after the 10th. Once everything else is sorted and in place. There won't be any new promos till Nexus Bytes is back on its track. Existing family members needs to be taken cared of before anything else.
    I truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your continued partnership and your patience. I solemnly apologize for the recent negative experiences that you may have had. While life is full of surprises and uncertainty, I am committed to bring my baby back to its old glory and take it to the next level for vision 2022!
    If you require my personal attention on anything in the meantime, please open a ticket with “ATTN Jay: Subject of the ticket” as your ticket title/subject, and I will ensure those are sorted in less than 72 hours.
    Once again, on behalf of Nexus Bytes LLC, I am sorry and we got this!

-------------
    Thank you for being a member of the Nexus Bytes Family.
    Nexus Bytes LLC - Affordable boutique servers, priceless bespoke experience.
    Follow us on @NexusBytesLLC | @NexusBytesLLC
    Thursday, 4th November 2021-12:00am

Quote Originally Posted by thefasthost View Post
    [….] Here is the full statement if you are interested:
    NexusBytes’ statement sounds like the classic truckload of excuses (and BS) a cr*ppy host feeds its users when sh*t hits the fan - while users do want detailed explanation when there’s an issue, they don’t want, need nor care for uselessly verbose life drama blogs (it’s not their problem and doesn’t solve their issues).

Quote Originally Posted by thefasthost View Post
    NexusBytes is prem. [….]
    Prem as in premium? Definitely not. I tried NexusByte a couple of years ago: my Wordpress basic blog already ran very slow, but when I tried to switch to Ghost CMS I kept getting a warning message that the script contained malware and I couldn’t install it. I’ve installed Ghost on plenty of hosts before and afted NexusByte, and I’ve never had that issue anywhere else.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

Quote Originally Posted by asgard View Post
    NexusBytes’ statement sounds like the classic truckload of excuses (and BS) a cr*ppy host feeds its users when sh*t hits the fan - while users do want detailed explanation when there’s an issue, they don’t want, need nor care for uselessly verbose life drama blogs (it’s not their problem and doesn’t solve their issues).
    I keep in touch with their owner since we lease hardware from him in Netherlands. I've known him for years. While it may sound like 'BS', it certainly isn't. Dude got hit by a bout of misfortune in health and life recently and has been pretty open and transparent by it. Is it an inconvenience for customers? Perhaps. But behind every provider are humans who are as susceptible to 'life happening' as anyone else.

Things happen. Either take your stuff and go somewhere else or be understanding. No need to kick someone when they're down. NexusBytes is still premium in my book, but I'm on the side of understanding that things happen and don't expect the world and more for the price they charge for services. The OP, whose first and only contribution to WHT is a negative review, complaining about a 3-4 hour ticket response time for a shared hosting service they probably pay a few dollars a month for at most should manage their expectations. Unless NB advertises 15 minute ticket response times, then a few hours for a response isn't bad.

The owner is the type who really cares about his business. After he recovers I'm certain things will improve and contingencies will be put in place to ensure another bout of misfortune in health or life circumstances won't impact his business negatively. That's the type of guy he is.

Just my $0.02
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

It saddened me knowing that @sersien had to endure such a hardship. He is a nice guy. Wish them all the best in overcoming the difficulties they are facing.
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

Quote Originally Posted by hectorhehe View Post
    I read some good reviews about Nexus Bytes and their prices seem to be good for shared hosting.

Just signed in yesterday morning, and provided them my info for site migration. Their response time is long, about 3 to 4 hours. Then, today in the morning they replied that they needed me to upload the backup of the cPanel account to the ftp, and they will keep me updated. Well, it seems that will take forever. There's no update in the process and no site migration after 30 hours.

My sites are small, and I know that clients like me are not significant to their business, but man, I think we deserve some attention.

This is the worst experience I’ve had in 13 years, regarding web hosting services.

There's no refund in their Shared Hosting service, so I consider that money already lost.
    It's not as though you're reporting a server or network outage and they aren't replying for hours or days.

Perhaps this is a case of them not setting the proper expectations? I know that anytime I've conducted a transfer I tell people to allow 24 to 48 hours even though it's usually done in one or two. Why? I'd rather tell people it will take longer and it take less time than the other way around. There have been times when transferring someone that we had problems with their former provider. Then again - it's not really surprising because most people I've migrated are leaving terrible providers so having issues grabbing their data isn't really that surprising.

There are a lot of providers out there that will respond in minutes but fewer that will respond in minutes with competent replies. There are also a lot of providers out there that will take hours or days to respond and even then the responses tend to be unrelated or not helpful.

If this really is the 'worst experience you've had in 13 years regarding web hosting services' then perhaps you just need to find another provider that meets your expectations?

Best of luck wherever you may end up .
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    There are a lot of providers out there that will respond in minutes but fewer that will respond in minutes with competent replies.
    A lot of truth here.

I think many of us at one stage or another have been drawn in by "response time guarantees", but what really matters most is the resolution time, IMHO. I'd rather wait 6 hours for a solid response that resolves any issues/questions than a few minutes which turns into hours of back and forth where not much progress is made.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Quote Originally Posted by EthernetServers View Post
    A lot of truth here.

I think many of us at one stage or another have been drawn in by "response time guarantees", but what really matters most is the resolution time, IMHO. I'd rather wait 6 hours for a solid response that resolves any issues/questions than a few minutes which turns into hours of back and forth where not much progress is made.
    I'd rather wait 1 hour for a solid response that resolves any issues/questions than minutes which turns into an hour of back and forth where not much progress is made.

Pretty sure a lot can relate to that too.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting