Leaseweb scoops up iWeb from Internap, gains footprint in Canada

Leaseweb acquired iWeb from Internap yesterday and financial terms were not disclosed.

iWeb is based in Montreal and provides cloud hosting, server hosting and hosted solutions, employing 92 people across its data centers.

Private Capital Journal reported that the acquisition enables Leaseweb to build a significant market presence in Canada, which now becomes its third biggest international region by revenue, behind The Netherlands and U.S.

Leaseweb currently offers services through its various sales entities in The Netherlands, United States, Germany, Australia and Asia including Japan and Hong Kong.

In November 2013, Internap acquired iWeb from Novacap Technologies III, L.P. and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec for US $145.8 million. Then in March 2020, Internap and its affiliates filed for Chapter 11 and in May 2020 Internap emerged from Chapter 11 and was converted to a Delaware limited liability company, Internap Holdings LLC.

Internap has consolidated a few hosting providers in the U.S. that are focused on bare metal hosting including ServInt, Nobis Technology Group (Ubiquity Hosting) and Shore.net.

I feel old... in the post previous (00) decade I web8 was my first bare metal provider ... I'm glad they found good home

I hope this acquisition better for iWeb clients. Most acquisition cause issue with old clients.

Have been using Leaseweb services since years now, and happy to see it have presence in Canada as well with this acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by AllisonWHIR View Post
    Leaseweb acquired iWeb from Internap yesterday and financial terms were not disclosed.

Internap has consolidated a few hosting providers in the U.S. that are focused on bare metal hosting including ServInt, Nobis Technology Group (Ubiquity Hosting) and Shore.net.
    Don't you mean Leaseweb? Instead of Internap?