Thread: Simple hosting

Simple hosting

I need to migrate a static html website for my ex to a host that is totally hands-off for her (auto-charge fees, auto-renew 6 domains, etc). Unfortunately, everywhere I look seems to require you to use a website building tool of some sort that doesn't allow you to simply paste in your existing html, and upload the associated images/pdf files. Performance isn't a concern, but it needs to be somebody who is stable so it can just go auto pilot for many years. Would be great if it provided free ssl like Let's Encrypt. Thanks!

I am pretty sure most offers in https://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4 would lead you to a host that has not gone wordpress or site builder only hosting and still offers uploading plain html . If you mean you need a site builder that allows you to add in custom html as well a its own html, then look for hosts with site.pro as the site builder as I know that allows custom html.
    -Steven | Cooini, LLC
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Thanks for the info, you wouldn't think it would be that hard to find!

Hosting HTML is one of the easiest to do and fewer security issues which can happen to outdated PHP/MySQL.

Any shared hosting (especially if running a control panel like cPanel) should be able to host . HTML fine.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by BJRichard View Post
    I need to migrate a static html website for my ex to a host that is totally hands-off for her (auto-charge fees, auto-renew 6 domains, etc). Unfortunately, everywhere I look seems to require you to use a website building tool of some sort that doesn't allow you to simply paste in your existing html, and upload the associated images/pdf files. Performance isn't a concern, but it needs to be somebody who is stable so it can just go auto pilot for many years. Would be great if it provided free ssl like Let's Encrypt. Thanks!

Even if they have site builder, it will not stop you from uploading your own html files. I believe site builder is an option when it comes to hosting.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

If it's only static content, you should be able to commit it to git (eg, github/gitlab) and then deploy it on Netlify for free... it's a simple and free solution. Alternatively, host it on Github Pages/Gitlab Pages/<whatever static platform you prefer>.

Ask your host as I'm certain they will be happy to do this for you. Most hosts do accept your own webpages.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

Quote Originally Posted by BJRichard View Post
    @BJRichard, Is the location of where the site should be hosted, important? What is the storage requirement for the sites and what is your budget? Plain HTML websites are easily possible to host via Cpanel so don't get stuck or confused about site builder and other features like softaculous, PHP versions, RoR etc.... Pure HTML websites are the the easiest to host so you should not have any issue finding a good one.