Quote Originally Posted by TVS- View Post
Fair enough, good eye - I do see that too. I just bought this company (thus hosting account). Most of the virus in that list are in the newwp directory which is the active website. I can easily delete the other directories - heck, I can delete the main directory and re-build. I'd rather burn the calories getting away from this company. I'm not transferring anything out to where it will go - just so there is a nice and clean WP install waiting for the domain name. Rebuilding the small website will take a few hours but it will not have anything to do with a possibly corrupt install.
This will be your best option.

1. Look for a good host on here. Make a list of about 5 or 6

2. Contact all of them and ask about their Firewall and Malware policy related to WordPress, and tell them the issues you have with the current host

3. When you narrow your choices to one, only pay monthly until you have a level of trust with the host which can take months. Then pay annually

4. Set up WordPress on the new host, and if they provide a temporary link to the account, install a new WordPress installation.

5. Before adding any content, add the following plugins; WordFence, Akismet, and Disable Gutenberg

6. If you have visual access to the old website, then copy and paste some of the content from the old website to the new website.

7. If you don't have access, then wherever the domain is registered, log into that account, and point the domain to the new host. The new host will have supplied this information once you signed up.

If you have any questions, I think anyone in this thread may offer suggestions, as some steps are not too difficult.

After all that, cancel the hosting with ipage, and be sure there's no payment subscriptions active.

I hope this works out. It does bother me when I see some threads of someone asking for a host for WordPress, and the response will "use any host, WordPress runs on any host". Now that is true, but a while ago I realized WordPress can run on any host, but many hosts should never run WordPress.

Selling a customer Firewall and Malware options is like selling a car without the steering wheel and pedals...or convincing you to pay extra for those items, even though they're already included and you're looking at them. Scam!