Do AutoSSL accept wildcard entry?

Do AutoSSL accept wildcard entry? LetsEncrypt in its blog has mentioned support for wildcard entry: https://letsencrypt.org/2017/07/06/w...-jan-2018.html

Someone even commented on the cPanel forums mentioning support from version 84 of cPanel : https://features.cpanel.net/topic/le...#comment-55076

But I am unable to see any option for wildcard anywhere in the cPanel options provided by Hawk Host. Any information regarding this? Or I am missing on something here?

cPanel do not support wildcard Let's Encrypt certificates.
    TK Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR

Wildcard certificates are supported by cPanel - you can setup letsencrypt wild card ssl plugin referring the following url:

https://letsencrypt-for-cpanel.com/d...ers/wildcards/

Quote Originally Posted by Lenov View Post
    Wildcard certificates are supported by cPanel - you can setup letsencrypt wild card ssl plugin referring the following url:
    That is actually a separate plugin for Let's Encrypt which is a paid 3rd party addon.

The cPanel Let's Encrypt provider will secure wildcard subdomains, but at this moment that's the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by cPanelLauren View Post
    That is actually a separate plugin for Let's Encrypt which is a paid 3rd party addon.

The cPanel Let's Encrypt provider will secure wildcard subdomains, but at this moment that's the limit.
    The cPanel provided AutoSSL has its own issues with respect to wildcard entry. Please check this: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1815511

I saw that thread but from what I can see, the issue you're noting is with SAN's (Subject Alternate Names). To understand why that's occurring you need to understand that Let's Encrypt issues certificates 1 per VirtualHost and adds the rest of the domains using the SAN mechanism. This isn't a flaw it's the intended behavior of the product from Let's Encrypt.

Keep in mind that installing a wildcard certificate will not automatically cause every subdomain to have SSL. You will still need to apply that wildcard certificate to each subdomain you create.

It seems counter-intuitive - but that’s how it works.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,800 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by cPanelLauren View Post
    I saw that thread but from what I can see, the issue you're noting is with SAN's (Subject Alternate Names). To understand why that's occurring you need to understand that Let's Encrypt issues certificates 1 per VirtualHost and adds the rest of the domains using the SAN mechanism. This isn't a flaw it's the intended behavior of the product from Let's Encrypt.
    Anyone would accept the way SAN is handled currently. But SAN listed domains should not be primary issued certificate if any user checks the site's certificate details by simply clicking on the green padlock of the visited site. The user should see the same URL in the field "Certificate issued to" when clicking on padlock symbol in browser from the visited site. In my case, it was different the way AutoSSL handles it, where the visiting site user clicks on padlock and sees altogether a new domain name which they might have never come across (my addon domains here) which makes the site little untrustworthy.

This was not the case when I was using the LetsEncrypt plugin inside cPanel which handled it very efficiently. Each site can be issued with separate certificate and it also shows the same site url in "issued to" field of the padlock details making it more trustworthy. But you can anyways see the SAN urls inside the SAN section under the tab "details" and thats very much fine and accepted.