* Looking for AntiDDoS cPanel Hosting

Hi guys, how are you?
    I came here looking for true reviews of AntiDDoS cPanel webhostings.
    The web I manage its a game forum, with about 10k visits per day, but other forums with related content keep attacking my site, so, its imperative I use a webhosting with AntiDDoS.
    Plus, can't expend to much monthly since forum its free and doesn't get any kind of donations, etc...

I was looking onto prohoster but didn't fount honest reviews of them.

One hosting that I do know it has protection is hyperfilter, but, its out of my budged (10usd/m max).

Thx for the help!

Since you're talking about a game forum, it's probably best to share with our members your location. Stinks that people resort to attacking other sites, including yours, but sadly that's the way of the Internet.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

Thx for answer, the main location is south América, but nowadays doesnt really matter where the host its located (us/eu) they both work ok. I was thinking of ovh, but many bad reviews also, and anual commitment.
    Sorry for the bad english

Cloudflare has a free level of service, but I don't know if they would tell you that you needed to pay, given your traffic. I suppose you could just try the free level and see if they complained. I also don't know if there are technical reasons why Cloudflare might not work for you. Of course, you would still need to host your website somewhere. If you did have to pay, Cloudshare would not be within your budget because their cheapest paid plan is, I believe, $20/month. As a type CDN, Cloudflare would also speed up your service in South America, if you host it in the USA or Europe.

You might have very good reasons not to do so, but to help raise funds, you really don't think you could seek some sort of donations? There are so many platforms for this these days. Patreon comes to mind, or just ask for money by Paypal...

Quote Originally Posted by onlinedoc View Post
    Cloudflare has a free level of service, but I don't know if they would tell you that you needed to pay, given your traffic. I suppose you could just try the free level and see if they complained. I also don't know if there are technical reasons why Cloudflare might not work for you. Of course, you would still need to host your website somewhere. If you did have to pay, Cloudshare would not be within your budget because their cheapest paid plan is, I believe, $20/month. As a type CDN, Cloudflare would also speed up your service in South America, if you host it in the USA or Europe.

You might have very good reasons not to do so, but to help raise funds, you really don't think you could seek some sort of donations? There are so many platforms for this these days. Patreon comes to mind, or just ask for money by Paypal...
    Sadly free plan of cloudflare isnt enough to stop attack, since reached certain point its overwhelmed by the attack and left the site offline. Thats why I put the example of hyperfilter since its the only host that im aware have a good layer 7 filter, but, like I said earlier, its ovee my budget.

I wonder do cloudflare hosting partners that offer railgun also have better security than free CF plan or only railgun?

Anyone who knows?

I would consider a reverse proxy service if I were in your shoes. There was no DDoS protection in Kansas City when we were colocated there. We had a DDoS problem and no solution. At that time, I used X4B and it worked great. You will however spend your entire $10/month budget on this.

As far as OVH, I kind of disagree with the bad rep. In my very humble opinion, it's best if you can take care of yourself with OVH rather than relying on their support like you would traditionally expect. Their ticket support can take days to respond, but you can also call them up and get somebody on the phone right away. Whenever there is a serious issue, I skip the tickets and go straight to the phone. It's all very automated and well managed in my opinion, so as long as you aren't needy, it works good. We however use their dedicated servers and NOT a web hosting product, so your mileage may vary. I can't comment much on the web hosting services.

Just my thoughts.
    Warpline Hosting: Budget SSD Web Hosting, Reseller hosting, VPS Hosting.
    Bitcoin, PerfectMoney, and PayPal accepted.

If you need DDoS protection, you might want to go for a VPS with DDoS protection, not a shared hosting.
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

How much RAM and CPU does your host utilize with a 10K forum? Also, do you know the type of attack you are under? the most common for your type of website would be a Layer 7 attack. Usually, smaller packets of a layer 7 are harder to filter thus having a fallback amount of CPU and RAM is imperative.. one of the bigger draw backs of a shared environment as you'll still find your website performance to degrade or small periods of downtime during an attack.

I would highly suggest if your budget is still at the $10/MO mark then adding CloudFlare on top of your website. This will allow smaller traffic to be filtered. It may be kinda of late to add CloudFlare as your IP is already exposed -- but a true DDoS protection provider should not have any issues and future attackers won't know your real IP.
    TrentaHost INC. || Fully Managed DDoS Protected Services Globally (NA - EU - Asia)
    Reseller Hosting- Pure SSD | Litespeed | Imunify360 | CloudLinux | 24x7 Support | Mailchannels
    Linux & Windows DDoS Protected SSD VPS - cPanel / WHM | DDoS Protection | Let's Encrypt | Pure-SSD
    DDoS Protected Locations : Portland, OR (North America) | Amsterdam, NL (Europe) | Singapore (Asia)

if you can manage the server I would say go with OVH. it is pretty solid hosting especially for DDoS
    HowTekno | Go Public
    cPanel Shared Hosting • cPanel Email Hosting • VPS • EU Servers
    The Horsepower You Need Fueled By HowTekno • Build it, Own it!

I went for nofrillscloud, lets see how it goes, gonna report later. Thx for the feedback everyone.

It's impossible to find a good anti-addos provider for 10 USD/month. Since you have 10K visitors/day, you'll most likely need a good amount of GB for traffic, so with all the respect but if you have 10k visitors per day and you can't afford to pay at least 20-30 USD/month for a good anti-ddos provider, you don't stand a chance.