Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by elend View Post
    $12.5k + $1.25k per month. You're easily burning through $2m+ for a project of this scope and several months of development minimum. If it follows in any such tradition of cPanel, it's entirely the wrong way to go about things as it's an inconsistent mess. Worse yet, as commoditized as this industry is, you're not going to get the degree of cooperation you're seeking across several firms seeking ownership... and from whom I've spoken with, most hosts don't have a meaningful vision parroting such myopic design goals as "make it work with Softaculous! and CSF! and Immunify360! and CloudLinux!" - basically "build me another cPanel". At best a big firm like HEG/EIG - assuming they have technical management beyond MBAs - could fund one as a pivot, but let's be honest with ourselves here: they would have done so already if it were within their capacity.

What you're suggesting isn't economically viable. The lack of alternatives nearly a year into the pricehike confirms it. There will continue to be hullabaloo about forming a grand coalition to build the next cPanel clone and, as always, the factors to make such a coalition successful are immiscible.
    I see where you are coming from and as mention in my other post, you can get this developed cheaper, in fact, I am also a PHP developer myself I can help write the code as well. by the way, I see you have a control panel already built why didn't you implemented your idea? it seems to me that you were still trying to go on the same route as cpanel. are you sure you are giving an honest opinion here? because your control panels price is expensive for something so basic and has no feeling put in it. your pricing is actually more expensive than interwok that has a cPanel feel.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OptimalGeek-James View Post
    I see where you are coming from and as mention in my other post, you can get this developed cheaper, in fact, I am also a PHP developer myself I can help write the code as well. by the way, I see you have a control panel already built why didn't you implemented your idea? it seems to me that you were still trying to go on the same route as cpanel. are you sure you are giving an honest opinion here? because your control panels price is expensive for something so basic and has no feeling put in it. your pricing is actually more expensive than interwok that has a cPanel feel.
    > why didn't you implemented your idea?
    I don't follow. Everything I've spoken of is there, but the platform is intended to be as hands-off as necessary. Even web app snapshots are implicit pre-update with a post-update rollback if the HTTP status isn't 2xx.

Good design abstracts complexity. Bad design dumps complexity on you and lets you figure things out. Basic's a great compliment considering there's more than one way to shoot yourself in the foot. Scopes open up that front to the admin within the GUI. Expensive or not it certainly put me through college .
    Apis Networks: engineered hosting
    ◻️ Lead CP Developer + System Architect
    ◻️ ApisCP admin docs
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry but this project is only for those who are willing to participate and is not for people that can't afford it thanks for your input.
    Dude, James, I'm so sorry. I had no idea you were paying cPanel so much money. With nearly 30 Million customers and more than 20k new ones per day, you must be paying a small fortune for licensing.
    If you get 24 backers, I'll be number 25, contingent on a proper business plan, profit sharing and equal ownership rights to the new panel.

Edit:
    Based on your estimated number of customers, if you raised your prices per plan by 1 cent or more, you'd have 6x the funds needed to create this new panel and you'd be the sole investor / owner and could then sell it and make a killing.
    Last edited by LithiumTJ; 05-21-2020 at 11:42 AM.
      1 Not allowed!

Haha, seems like someone is overly exaggerated their customer base on their homepage...

20k new customers everyday is quite a claim.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OpenInternet-Vince View Post
    Haha, seems like someone is overly exaggerated their customer base on their homepage...

20k new customers everyday is quite a claim.
    I can see all of the negative people around here no need I have no room for negative people and all of you that don't know marketing look at your websites they look like crap and that's probably why you guys don't have customers and don't last very long cause you guys have no money to start a business, you are the very sole reason why the hosting company is inflated with your small-time hosting companies. Good luck with your own and if you nothing better to say please do not response on this tread as most of you are not even on the hosting business and the chances are, you either with work with cpanel or something similar and hate to hear that someone wants to start the competition, or simply do not have any money to put in, cause you only have 2 to 20 customers and still hoping to grow. Just look at our domain name's DA and DR if you know anything about SEO if you know what that means. *Admin, Please close the Thread there is nothing more to discuss here with negative people.
    Last edited by OptimalGeek-James; 05-22-2020 at 02:05 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Admin, Please close this Thread thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

I can see all of the negative people around here no need I have no room for negative people and all of you that don't know marketing look at your websites they look like crap and that's probably why you guys don't have customers and don't last very long cause you guys have no money to start a business, you are the very sole reason why the hosting company is inflated with your small-time hosting companies. Good luck with your own and if you nothing better to say please do not response on this tread as most of you are not even on the hosting business and the chances are, you either with work with cpanel or something similar and hate to hear that someone wants to start the competition, or simply do not have any money to put in, cause you only have 2 to 20 customers and still hoping to grow. Just look at our domain name's DA and DR if you know anything about SEO if you know what that means. *Admin, Please close the Thread there is nothing more to discuss here with negative people.
    Quoting you for Marketing purpose.

P.S. Also important to proof read and put sentences in a proper paragraph before posting a rebuttal.

Cheers
    Last edited by OpenInternet-Vince; 05-22-2020 at 09:44 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Since when did blatantly lying about the number of customers you have count as "Marketing" ??? Seems a lot closer to false advertising. Extremely misleading at best. I prefer honestly earning a customer and then keeping them with excellent service.

I've had customers threaten legal action over advertising a feature and then having fine print that says "on qualifying plans". At least I wasn't lying about it though.

Also re: DA and DR for SEO... Doesn't make a lick of difference if your website is down because your nameservers stop resolving. Was kind of funny to see that yesterday and then see your reply like you're some expert in hosting and we're all a bunch of scrubs
    Best of luck with your booming business, I'll take my 2-20 customers that I've amassed over the last 14 years, tuck tail and walk away. You win my friend!
      1 Not allowed!

Just read through the entire thread trying to understand both sides of your proposal and I'd say the chances of you pulling this off are null. Good luck with your project. You're going to need lots of it.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiSteve View Post
    Just read through the entire thread trying to understand both sides of your proposal and I'd say the chances of you pulling this off are null. Good luck with your project. You're going to need lots of it.
    I am not sure why they need help developing it. They have an alleged, according to their site, 30 million customers with 20,000 new sign-ups every day.

Unless they're running some sort of charity hosting platform they should have plenty of revenue to develop their own platform in-house.

That is .......... unless they're flat out lying.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.
      1 Not allowed!

How sure are you we are lying? Coming from a guy that doesnt even have a business lol get out here you are a very negative person you should do something better with your life
      0 Not allowed!

How sure are you we are lying? Coming from a guy that doesnt even have a business lol get out here you are a very negative person you should do something better with your life
    I wished you luck, I wasn't negative .

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Good luck .
    Beyond that - if you have 30 million customers and 20,000 new sign-ups per day you do not need other hosts to "pitch in $500 each to start the development, and about another $25 a month till the development is done".

GoDaddy only has 18.5 million customers - there's no way you're twice as large.

I find it interesting that with 20,000 new sign-ups every day - your total client count has remained at 29659751 for well over 24 hours .

Here is yesterday at around 11 AM ET:
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...oolRibbons.png

Here's right now:
    http://www.screen-shot.net/2020-05-22_14-58-13.png

Here's a reverse nameserver lookup:

https://reversens.domaintools.com/se...malsecured.com

Reverse NS Lookup Results — 285 domains pointed to a name server on Optimalsecured.com
    But hey, you're not lying, right?

I legitimately hope nobody falls for your shenanigans.
    Last edited by Mike - MDDHosting; 05-22-2020 at 03:01 PM.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
      1 Not allowed!

Oh, so you're also a 9.7 out of 10 on TrustPilot according to your site: [ http://www.screen-shot.net/2020-05-22_15-03-11.png ]

Turns out that's also a lie -> https://www.trustpilot.com/review/optimalgeek.com [Here's a screen shot for posterity: http://www.screen-shot.net/2020-05-22_15-14-33.png ]
    Last edited by Mike - MDDHosting; 05-22-2020 at 03:14 PM.
      1 Not allowed!

I can see all of the negative people around here no need I have no room for negative people
    As evidenced by three of (just) twelve reviews being flagged at Trustpilot, which was all the negative ones.
    Admin, Please close this Thread thanks.
    A good idea.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12