Centos 6 USB memory stick for booting iso

Hi Im trying to use a memory stick for installing centos 8 so I formatted first kingston memory stick but it went numb so then I figured out my mistake was that I formatted it to fat16 so in short its hard to reformat so I got pissed the galout and I purchased new kingsron memory stick of 16 gigas so I went to use it with programs such as

iso2usb
    universal usb installer
    unetbootin

and they dont find my new memory stick they tell me I shall format my usb memory to fat32 .So gentry I ask you?

Truly firstly I dont want to purchase another memory usb so the choices on my centos 6 available on formatting are

For compatibility with all FAT systems,should I use this?

Your one stop shop for decentralization

please double check what yours is, do not blindly assume /dev/sdz as you may overwrite something irretrievably

I just need to know if I should format my USB RAM to be compatible with all Fat Systems,If doing this will
    make it not being plug and play thank you

I've had a few USB sticks act weird after failed formatting/partitioning activities. First thing I'd do is clear out the partitions on the USB stick then start new again. I've not experienced this problem with any of my USB sticks not being seen at boot, except when the BIOS setting was requiring to be changed to get out of EFI mode and into Legacy mode. This is especially the case if you're booting to a Windows OS install usb drive, but you may find you need to change your BIOS settings for CentOS as well.
    George the Geek
    Geek at Large
    GeorgeTheGeek.Com

I may have misread what you posted... You're unable to format the drive in the first place because CentOS 6 won't see your flash drive?

If you can get to another computer running a newer OS, just create the drive from there.
    George the Geek
    Geek at Large
    GeorgeTheGeek.Com

Centos 6 saw may old kingston but on the field of time when I formatted it then it became fat16 then it was not recognizable anymore so I purchased a new one this one is data traveller 2.0 and I formatted it with the future that had compatible with all fat sys and it also is recognized by my computer but when trying to burn iso on ISO2USB it dont recognize and ask to format as fat32 so I check on disc utility and the usb drive appears as device /dev/sdb and dev/sdb1 but device sdb1 appears as fat32 maybe I should add on etc/fstab

You're not supposed to format the USB flash drive as FAT16 or FAT32 and you shouldn't add it to /etc/fstab

You'll have to do the following

1. backup your system to external storage
    2. verify your backup
    3. yum update
    4. plug in an 8GB flash drive or larger.
    5. run the dd command, make sure you're using the correct device, otherwise you could accidentally destroy your primary drive. dd will destroy all data on the target drive.
    6. boot from the USB flash drive you just created that contains the 7GB centos 8 ISO.
    7. use the centos 8 installer and follow the instructions.

I have an android computer as well but this is linux days for me sorry sir

I thaught you would bring codes for fstab you guys ..yes bring notions for fixing my bios for this task please by the way the centos 8 file has on its name dvd1.What does this mean?.Will it require another 7 giga disc? hey thank you

From ejecting CD via Disk Utility I get error A job is pending on /dev/sr0 and by trying mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom/ I get mount: no medium found on /dev/sr0
    maybe I need something on fstab

Unplug the drive if it's USB and make sure the CD or DVD isn't scratched then plug it back in. If it's damaged record a new CD.

If it still doesn't work try a new drive and run a media test and post the results.

Its a laptop honey its factory made inside it its something that happened when I altered fstab file but the main error is like the cd drive is too busy like self hangup GONE too soon