Question Is SiteGround shared hosting faster than Mochahost VPS ?

Hello guys,

I have currently 3 wordpress websites running on VPS hosting of Mochahost. That been said, the speed of my site is good, and i'm wondering can i still make it better if i migrate my sites to a top hosting company like Siteground.

For example the shared hosting plan "Startup" or "GrowBig", is it guaranteed that it will run my site faster than in Mochahost (VPS) ?

If anyone has an idea on the matter, please do let me know.

Thank you

Ask them how many resource per account they allow first (CPU, RAM, IO, Entry Process) as in several case they allow only very few resources but they promise a lighting fast hosting experience. Ask them if they are using litespeed web servers + LSCache for wordpress.

Be aware that all your websites will have access to the same resource limits at the same time. So you might need to order multiple accounts if your 3 websites gets a lot of visitors.
    Martin R - HOSTATCOST.COM
    Web hosting near our cost price for those on a budget.

Before considering other hosts, it might be worth asking Mochahost if anything can be done to optimize your existing environment. As it's a VPS, there's a good chance the answer to that is: yes. So for example, if you are using the suPHP handler, consider switching to LSAPI. Or if you have sites running PHP 5, consider moving to at least 7.2 (anything older is EOL). MySQL/MariaDB - is it up-to-date and tuned for your available resources and usage?
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Quote Originally Posted by marouane91 View Post
    Hello guys,

I have currently 3 wordpress websites running on VPS hosting of Mochahost. That been said, the speed of my site is good, and i'm wondering can i still make it better if i migrate my sites to a top hosting company like Siteground.
    Why do you want to move if there is no problem?

If there is an issue with your site speed, maybe it is best to contact Mochahost to check it for you.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Hello guys,

For example the shared hosting plan "Startup" or "GrowBig", is it guaranteed that it will run my site faster than in Mochahost (VPS) ?

Thank you
    What gave you the impression that your sites will be faster on their shared hosting? It doesn't say anywhere they guarantee that your site will be faster

Hello guys,

Thank you
    A "top" hosting company is usually one with a lot of clients thanks to the marketing budget. It comes down to how much a company spends on marketing and pays its affiliates to get the "top" crown on most websites. It has no direct relation to the speed. In fact, I would not be surprised if the performance of a server hosted with a "top" hosting company is worse than one hosted with a "non-top" company which has not spent millions on marketing but has spent more money on servers.
    LinuxFox < Linux is in our name!
    Managed SSD VPS • KVM • Dedicated Resources
    Proactive Monitoring • cPanel/WHM
    Lightning Fast Managed VPS with Performance Guarantee!

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxFox View Post
    A "top" hosting company is usually one with a lot of clients thanks to the marketing budget. It comes down to how much a company spends on marketing and pays its affiliates to get the "top" crown on most websites. It has no direct relation to the speed. In fact, I would not be surprised if the performance of a server hosted with a "top" hosting company is worse than one hosted with a "non-top" company which has not spent millions on marketing but has spent more money on servers.
    Thumbs up!
    Martin R - HOSTATCOST.COM
    Web hosting near our cost price for those on a budget.

Yup, it's a catch-22. A company that hasn't marketed and gained a lot of customers is due to go out of business, even if they have the best of the best solutions. Whereas a company who has spent a lot on sales and marketing might have longevity because of their customer base, but yet have a poor solution. Finding the right balance is for both the provider and customer to decide.
    Genesis Hosting Solutions, LLC (genesishosting.com)
    Genesis Public Cloud - No Compromise On-Demand OpenStack infrastructure
    Genesis VMs - Easy to provision single VMs on our Genesis Public Cloud
    Compare us against others at vpsbenchmarks.com!

Hello guys,

Thank you
    Currently, you have VPS Hosting plan with Mochahost and all your websites are working fine on Mochahost VPS then why you would like to go with Siteground Shared Hosting? VPS hosting always superior to a shared hosting platform, it's doesn't matter which brand providing Shared hosting. If you trying to save your monthly expenses on the existing hosting plan, then you may go with a small VPS hosting plan. Please keep it in your mind website migration will disturb all your website SEO work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega VPS Hosting View Post
    Currently, you have VPS Hosting plan with Mochahost and all your websites are working fine on Mochahost VPS then why you would like to go with Siteground Shared Hosting? VPS hosting always superior to a shared hosting platform, it's doesn't matter which brand providing Shared hosting. If you trying to save your monthly expenses on the existing hosting plan, then you may go with a small VPS hosting plan. Please keep it in your mind website migration will disturb all your website SEO work.
    This is not 100% true, it mainly depends on the current VPS spec to the shared server specs.
    As VPS is limited on CPU, Ram etc.., where on shared server you could burst on CPU, Ram etc.. that is more powerful depending on the spec.

As for SEO from my understanding it would be if they changed there location for example UK to USA and speed of the server.
    Last edited by GazCBG; 02-15-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    Regards,
    Garry

Non-fake Mochahost reviews online are largely appalling.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by GazCBG View Post
    As VPS is limited on CPU, Ram etc.., where on shared server you could burst on CPU, Ram etc.. that is more powerful depending on the spec.
    Not necessarily because resources are limited by CloudLinux.

Not necessarily because resources are limited by CloudLinux.
    True, but depends on limits and if either server is oversold. 100% of one core/thread of CPU on shared could be more powerful then VPS CPU speed.
    Last edited by GazCBG; 02-15-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    Regards,
    Garry

Quote Originally Posted by GazCBG View Post
    True, but depends on limits and 100% of one core/thread of CPU on shared could be more powerful then VPS CPU speed.
    It is highly unlikely that you would get 100% of one core by paying $5/month rather than paying $30/month for a VPS.

True to a degree, but there so many factors and you could still get a good deal from shared that is better than a VPS if you don't want root access.
    Regards,
    Garry

I agree with others. VPS is not always faster than Shared hosting.

Shared hosting usually includes the following at no extra cost:

Imunify360
    CloudLinux/CageFS
    LiteSpeed Web Server with LSCache
    JetBackup/Acronis Backup

That, of course, improves the performance, stability and security massively.

VPS does not usually include the above software, software worth $50-100 + per month. That is how much it would cost if you put your own licenses on your VPS.

Shared hosting can offer much better security/performance over VPS nowadays.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

I'd suggest you to stick with the VPS plan as long as it's handling the traffic, migrating sites will cause downtime and extra work. Instead you can search about speeding up wordpress like installing WP super cache plugin, compress image sizes, use CDN etc.

Yes, that's i'm going to do, i managed to get my loading speed under 1 second with the VPS.

What was i thinking, going to a shared hosting, like @erickmiller said, if those are top hosting providers, maybe i know them as being the best because i keep seeing them everywhere. Marketing got to me and blinded my judgment.

In VPS i get more freedom and less risk of ip blacklist and more stability with my resources. I might even be able to install some caching module in my VPS, which is something that i can't do in a shared hosting.

Thank you so much guys !

Marketing got to me and blinded my judgment.
    Glad to see that you have figured that out.

If you compare a VPS to a shared hosting, price plays a major role at that. A shared hosting is usually going to be faster and more stable than a VPS at a similar price point. But if your budget is not low, you are going to get better performance and of course, better control on a VPS. I guess this is what you are getting now.

In case you need anything hosting related, instead of searching on Google, come to WebHostingTalk and we will have your back.
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

top hosting providers, maybe i know them as being the best because i keep seeing them everywhere. Marketing got to me and blinded my judgment.
    Yep, it's mostly BS. Companies pay $$$$ to be on those fake lists.

That said, SiteGround is a good host. But most others are not.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||