Ramnode Atlanta issues?

This is not really an outage, per se... but wasn't sure what specific forum this would fall under.

Anybody have a VPS or Cloud instance with Ramnode in their Atlanta location? Do you notice any periodic outages?

We have a monitoring service that monitors this server about every 5 minutes. Maybe 2 or 3 times a day, that monitoring service picks up that our server in the Ramnode Atlanta location is down. It always reports back up during the next interval, so it's nothing hugely major. I've never actually noticed it being down - but it's not a server that we do a ton of work on either. The strange thing is, the monitoring service monitors Web, SMTP, and IMAP and it reports them all down... then back up - that makes it sound like a network issue, if it's bringing down all services. It also wouldn't be that much of an issue if it was a once in a blue moon occurrence, but it seems to happen rather routinely.

Curious if anybody else in Ramnode Atlanta is noticing this or if it's just me.

Hello - have you opened a ticket with us so we can investigate?

No, I have not.

At this point I am just seeking out information. It probably would be difficult to diagnose because by the time I see the message that it was down - it's already back up. And I've actually never experienced it being down... just the monitoring messages that say it's down... not really regularly but just more often than I would think would be a monitoring glitch.

With all of the services being shown as being down during the monitoring event, I would assume it's network. I thought maybe someone else using Ramnode Atlanta and using their server more regularly might also see this common, yet sporadic, downtime and that might help confirm that it's something within the network.

If nobody is noticing any network glitches in Ramnode Atlanta, then perhaps I might be better served to try a different location - maybe your NYC location - and see if the problem persists.

It could be any number of things - impossible to guess without more information. Please open a ticket so we can investigate and resolve it for you.

Try an alternative monitoring service. You should be able to use Google StackDriver for free for 1minute uptime checks across multiple locations.