Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Beware of Equinoxservers orders

Hi,

I got an order last night for a dedi server from Equinoxservers - warren johnson. Spoke to the server company to place the order and they said they have a rap sheet on this company a mile long.

They are hitting resellers like crazy, they send out abusive and illegal emails and get banned quickly. They go thru ip's like crazy. They wont do business with them.

So just beware of this company. If you would like more details PM me and ill share them with you so you can place them on your blacklists.
      1 Not allowed!

We saw two orders from Warren in December, they did not pass IP justification and Warren has quite a few hits on fraudrecord.com.
    █ Brian Kearney, Stealthy Hosting/Server Stadium Seattle, WA [AS23033] Skype: StealthyHosting
    Custom Dedicated Servers
    Low Cost Instant Dedicated Servers

█ Email: Sales@StealthyHosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you for your warnings.
      0 Not allowed!

Beware of

onair tele communications
    proved media
    blzwebsites
    sunset-communications
    Last edited by chkserv; 03-02-2015 at 06:43 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Warren/Equinoxservers is a notorious spammer/scammer. We have received numerous orders from this guy in the past. Thank god for FraudRecord
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by torpixhosting-Darren View Post
    Beware of

onair tele communications
    proved media
    blzwebsites
    sunset-communications
    I get orders from these guys quite a bit. Add predictlabs to that list as well. -_-

I get excited for a new order, then realize it's just a spammer.. heh.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rmarmorstein View Post
    Add predictlabs to that list as well.

I have a ded server with predict labs right now, why do you say that, whats their deal? thanks
      0 Not allowed!

nevermind i found it on fraudrecord, well as long as they pay and no tos violations i cant term them legally.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by durangod View Post
    nevermind i found it on fraudrecord, well as long as they pay and no tos violations i cant term them legally.
    Glad you found them. Ganna gave me a hard time and made lots of threats when I declined an IP order. Just watch their service for Spamming, I've seen places that they will start in the last ~week of a monthly service, leaving it fine the first 3 weeks, then BAM.

Just a heads up
      0 Not allowed!

PredictLabs (aka Ganna Sovgut) is part of a larger spamming network based in Marocco and operates under many names and pseudonyms. We have received many fraud orders over the last months that were affiliated to this guy in some way or another. Usually signs up for the cheapest server and requests a large IP block (that alone should ring a bell). Don't be fooled by this guy!

If he hasn't started spamming yet you are lucky. It is just a matter of time. My advise is to cancel their server and refund as soon as possible before your IP's get listed. If he places a chargeback it might hurt your rep with your payment processor.

Spammers often targets smaller companies and startups because they usually don't have as much experience and established fraud screening routines as the big boys. What makes them particularly difficult to spot is that many times the orders appear legit. They use fake (stolen) ID and place the order through a proxy so the country matches their IP. Many will even provide ID documents (again fake/stolen) upon request.

My advise is always do a lookup on FraudRecord before accepting dedicated server orders from ANY new client. It goes a long way.
      0 Not allowed!

Here you go, the guys below are also a part of this spam syndicate

mastercontroltelecom.com, speedytelecom.net, peach-hosting.com

I am sure there are more
      0 Not allowed!

Yes i have had them order services from me as well back in december, i got them out though as i carried out some checks as did the datacenter and they never got any services from me.

Do you carry out security checks on dedicated and vps orders?
    www.avrixe.com
    Shared Hosting Provider
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by creativeweb1 View Post
    Yes i have had them order services from me as well back in december, i got them out though as i carried out some checks as did the datacenter and they never got any services from me.

Do you carry out security checks on dedicated and vps orders?
    Fraud record helps weed out these type of orders i use it a lot amongst others and if they pay it does not mean it is safe, once a spammer always in my book it like a disease for them they can't help themselves, better safe than sorry.
    www.avrixe.com
    Shared Hosting Provider
      0 Not allowed!

@creativeweb1: did you just reply to your own question?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sindre View Post
    @creativeweb1: did you just reply to your own question?
    Lol, yes he just did.
    HostRoyale Technologies-VPS / Dedicated Servers
    India - USA - Spain - Portugal - Ukraine - Germany - Luxembourg - Austria - Romania - Italy - Estonia - Finland - Australia - New Zealand
    Shared , Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, BitCoins Accepted!
      0 Not allowed!

lol oh thats funny... thats something i would do... sadly..

anyway i do have this in my TOS so this should protect me somewhat if something does happen. The server coloc has agreed to work with me on this one if i let them know to term quickly asap if no payment, so that i dont have to eat a server fee.

here is what i have in my TOS for this scenerio.

Fraud Records:
    mycompanyname utilizes FraudRecord to screen new orders for previous fraudulent activity and report existing clients who violate our Terms of Service (TOS). In case of a violation, you may be reported to FraudRecord for misbehaviour using one-way hashed information and all services with our company may be terminated with or without notice. If a fraudrecord search finds that you have a valid fraudrecord on file with fraudrecord.com at any time during your account holdings with our company, then from that point forward we reserve the right to refuse service with or without notice for any and all services that you hold with our company either by reseller or not. We also reserve the right to refuse any payment grace period for invoices and to terminate service of any kind for non payment on the day of invoice due beginning at midnight + 1 second our time on the due date, even if no TOS or other violation has occured.
    does that sound like its binding and legal?
      0 Not allowed!

Just gotten a few orders warren this week, i'm glad i saw this post
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NocRoom View Post
    Just gotten a few orders warren this week, i'm glad i saw this post
    They normally go for the cheapest server you offer.

Did they do that in your case ?
      0 Not allowed!

The sad thing is that its tempting to still take the order if they pay for one month because thats money in the bank we would not already have and until they break rules or violate anything its hard to term. I could have made $30 on warrens deal if hey would have paid me the first month and to me thats alot of money. I didnt take it i termed it but im just saying its tempting to take the first month deal ya know.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by torpixhosting-Darren View Post
    They normally go for the cheapest server you offer.

Did they do that in your case ?
    No 250/mo per server
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NocRoom View Post
    No 250/mo per server
    Spamming is that profitable wow...
      0 Not allowed!

Spamming is that profitable wow...
    maybe 4years ago, im sure they having a hard time now days
      0 Not allowed!

The sad thing is that its tempting to still take the order if they pay for one month because thats money in the bank we would not already have and until they break rules or violate anything its hard to term. I could have made $30 on warrens deal if hey would have paid me the first month and to me thats alot of money. I didnt take it i termed it but im just saying its tempting to take the first month deal ya know.
    Be very careful with this. If the order is fraud, chances are that the payment was done using a stolen credit card and you should be expecting a chargeback. In worst case you will get blacklisted at your payment processor and lose your merchant account. Especially if you are using a payment gateway like 2Checkout, they'll close your account in no time.

However tempting it might be, my advice is to always refund the order if they have a listing on FraudRecord. Why would you be helping a spammer/scammer anyway? If you can't afford to turn down fraud orders, you are in it for the wrong reasons imho.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sindre View Post
    Why would you be helping a spammer/scammer anyway? If you can't afford to turn down fraud orders, you are in it for the wrong reasons imho.
    Spot on... 100% Agree.
      0 Not allowed!

This probably explains why Jon Biloh only sells to spammers. It's apparently a pretty lucrative business; even today.

The reality is, there really is nothing illegal about sending UCE. So I guess you cannot fault spam networks like Biloh's Eonix Corporation, e.g. Colocrossing/Velocity Servers for providing the facility for it.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast