WHMCS Reissue License Limit ?

Had anyone else got the following annoying message when trying to reissue licence

Action Failed: The maximum number of reissues allowed has been reached for this license - please contact support
    I am getting the message on an OWNED licence that I paid for plus I pay extra for yearly support.

I am not even sure why it saying I have reissued my licence too many times unless it is taking in to account where I reissued my Dev licence.

Really not happy about this eitherway as I planned to migrate WHMCS to a new server and all was good till I got that message, so I submit ticket at 14:22 and it is now 16:09 and still not had a response from WHMCS staff license nor has the licence been renewed and neither myself or staff can access the system to answer tickets etc.

One of the reasons I chose WHMCS was it being easy to reissue license and now they are causing unnecessary inconvenience...

PS been happy with WHMCS for many years till this happened. I noticed some other users had the same after doing quick Google. Sort it out WHMCS
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Thats creepy. Never knew there is a limit on reissuing a license.
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

That's not good - you're right to be unhappy.

We have an owned non-branded license and haven't seen this before...sounds like the only thing left to do is be patient and wait for a reply.

Just curious - which department did you open the ticket with? I have a ticket right now open with them in the "Licensing" department which was opened early on the 23rd January with no response, which, considering they advertise 24/7 license support is a bit extreme...fortunately it's nothing urgent.
    Last edited by EthernetServers; 01-25-2015 at 12:28 PM.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Quote Originally Posted by Askforhost View Post
    Thats creepy. Never knew there is a limit on reissuing a license.
    Me either till now. If they are going to start adding such limit then they could al least say how many reissues are left for planning reasons
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

@ethernetservers

I sent following emails

WHMCS Support 25/01/2015 14:22
    WHMCS Licensing 25/01/2015 15:09
    WHMCS Sales 25/01/2015 15:24

Now 16:27 and still no reply.

Ps so my clients have been seeing following message for 2hrs +

Down for Maintenance (Err 3)
    We are currently performing maintenance and will be back shortly.

Ouch that's not good at all, I had an issue which I needed to contact WHMCS over the weekend. Took 13 hours to get a response however I spoke to 1 guy who was really apologetic and is dealing with the issue personally.

I hope you get a reply soon, capping re-issuing is just going to cause more support request which is going to see WHMCS go back the poor reply times.

Thats creepy.
    Creepy?
    At any rate, it might be worthwhile posting on their forum asking for someone to have a look, based on it having taken your site down. I'm assuming the ticket is in the licensing department, which is only weekdays, possibly. They may say you have to wait, but many of the folks on the forum from there seem to be able to access tickets as well, so may be worth a shot.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

I have to say in the very few times I've contacted WHMCS Support over the last few months, the support response time is a lot slower than what it used to be.
    Clouveo - SSD/NVMe Cloud VPS & Web Hosting
    Cloud VPS Servers | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups | One Click Apps | Custom ISOs
    clouveo.com | Locations: [UK] London, [NL] Amsterdam, [US] Los Angeles

Just had a reply from WHMCS

This limit is in place to prevent abuse of license keys, in particular sharing them across multiple installations. I have however now reviewed your reissues and as all have been for the same domain, have reissued your license and reset the reissue limit for your license.

Any further problems, just let me know.
    I check reissue licence section on WHMCS and do not see any way of finding out how many reissues are left. So I guess when planning to migrate WHMCS you might want to check with WHMCS support to see if license can be renewed automatically before migrating the installation to avoid your billing system being down for 2hrs +.

I could understand them limiting reissues for trial licences, but not paid licenses.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Creepy?
    At any rate, it might be worthwhile posting on their forum asking for someone to have a look, based on it having taken your site down. I'm assuming the ticket is in the licensing department, which is only weekdays, possibly. They may say you have to wait, but many of the folks on the forum from there seem to be able to access tickets as well, so may be worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow_Chris View Post
    Just had a reply from WHMCS
    I could understand them limiting reissues for trial licences, but not paid licenses.
    +1 For this,

About Support Time,
    I sent a Ticket to Billing in Business days for a license information and it took them 2 days almost to reply to that ticket in business days.
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►

This happened to one of my unused owned licenses a few weeks ago when I went to fire up a dev site.

Was not too pleased, but I can only imagine the OP's frustration.

I think WHMCS needs to explain this new limit openly.
    ☆☆☆ Cool Domain Names - DomainSale.link☆☆☆

@HostXNow_Chris: I see your three tickets were merged into the original one and answered in 1hr 14 minutes on Sunday. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

@Criot: Our support queue this past year has been shorter than ever. I see your most recent three support tickets submitted this month were answered in 3 hours on a Friday, about 15 hours over the weekend, and 33 minutes on a Friday respectively.

@Askforhost: I'm not able to find any Sales or Licensing tickets under your account in the past year. Please let me know the Ticket ID and I'll be pleased to take a look.

I'm pleased to hear that we have set such high levels of expectations of levels of support for our customers, but I believe these response times are within acceptable levels and much better than they were a few years ago.
    WHMCS
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    Documentation | Help Guides

Quote Originally Posted by WHMCS-John View Post
    @HostXNow_Chris: I see your three tickets were merged into the original one and answered in 1hr 14 minutes on Sunday. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

@Criot: Our support queue this past year has been shorter than ever. I see your most recent three support tickets submitted this month were answered in 3 hours on a Friday, about 15 hours over the weekend, and 33 minutes on a Friday respectively.

@Askforhost: I'm not able to find any Sales or Licensing tickets under your account in the past year. Please let me know the Ticket ID and I'll be pleased to take a look.

I'm pleased to hear that we have set such high levels of expectations of levels of support for our customers, but I believe these response times are within acceptable levels and much better than they were a few years ago.
    Any info on what the re-issue limit is so that we are all clear on this? We were never told of this limit, and it is important to us that we know what that limit is.

I too would like to know about this limit/cap as well - what is it so we aren't blindsided by it in the future.

I first submitted a ticket to support department on 25th Jan 2015 at 08:22 and did not get a response till 25th Jan 2015 at 10:36 which is 2hrs and 14mins. Not sure how you got 1hr 14mins. Anyway, just glad it is sorted now.

But you could do with displaying the reissue license limit e.g. 4/5 reissues left or something like that or do you just prefer everyone to check with support department before migrating their WHMCS? That not only unnecessarily uses more of our time but uses up time from WHMCS staff too.
    Last edited by HostXNow; 01-27-2015 at 07:52 AM.

Here is the Ticket ID John,
    #SYH-516545

Ticket was opened on 21st, and answered on 23rd.
    ►►

I can see it now ......

You have a box that crashes.
    You provision a new one and set everything up (including new IPs).
    You change nameserver IPs on the domain name.
    You go to WHMCS to reissue your OWNED license only to be presented with this stumbling block.
    You open a ticket with support and realize it's a holiday weekend.
    . . . . . .

. . . . . .

... still waiting ....

I don't care what WHMCS says about their ticket response time. 2 hours is too much in this case. I can just see this turning into days for some unfortunate license owner.

Here is the Ticket ID John,
    #SYH-516545

Ticket was opened on 21st, and answered on 23rd.
    Hi,
    Thanks for providing that information. I see that ticket SYH-516545 was opened with our Resellers department; not Sales, Licensing or Support (the main queues). However I will pass on the feedback that you'd like to see faster responses in the Resellers department.

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.
    WHMCS
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    Documentation | Help Guides

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.
    It is plain to see there are some concerns that you are ignoring.
    Simply reading this short thread brings up these questions:

- Why were license holders not notified about this?

- How many reissues will trigger a lock-out?

- Do you plan on displaying how many reissues are left when viewing our product details?

- Why should this apply to owned licenses?

- Do you plan on removing the restriction from owned licenses?

snipped
    John - get the licence team to simply 'cron' a reset of the count 90 days since the last change - valid licencees dont re-issue them very regularly - you'll still catch the 'abusers' without punishing those who need to migrate without WHMCS staff assistance
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules