Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stylexnetworks ticket issue [merged]

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum to post this, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to contact support at stylexnetworks.

My server is down and it's been a few hours since I opened a ticket and there's been no response. Normally their support answers fairly quickly, plus I've also noticed there's no real-time chat anymore.

Does anyone have an idea what's happening with them?

Have you tried calling them ?

http://www.stylexnetworks.com/contact-us

Number is in the box on the left.

I'm not in the US so it doesn't work for me.

Have you tried contacting them via their social media channels?

You can download Skype and make a free phone call.

Their social media accounts are not active.

I'm not set up for Skype. Not everyone has a laptop or microphone.

I don't know how to help you if you don't want to do a step ahead from your end. Besides, their number works fine from here, in the UK.

Not much you can do to be honest if you can't skype call them, I've been a customer of StylexNetworks until April when I closed my hosting brand, they've always been good but people have had issues lately with them.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1400038

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-24-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Hi Jbit,

I'm having the same issue. I can't get a hold of them and all my sites are down.

They have been great so far but I have an open ticket as of yesterday.

I called the number and it gave a busy signal a couple of times.

Claudio

Checking on Stylexnetworks update

Hi,

Checking if anyone has heard from Stylexnetworks. My websites have been down for 2 days. I'm hoping it's due to the weekend. I'm going to try to call the tomorrow. If you have a contact over there, please let me know.

I called their local and toll free number.

Thanks,

Can't get hold of them

My sites with stylex have all been down for days. I finally received a response after 24 hours of down time telling me that my sites had been hacked and deleted. They said that if I had the backup service, they could restore them for me. I do and requested that they please restore to the most recent backup. They took another 30 hours to tell me that they are working on my server and will get back to me ASAP. That was 48 hours ago, still no data.

I had no other backups. But I was relying on their triplicate off-site backup service that I was paying for.

I have tried calling their number dozens of times, it just gives a busy signal. I tried opening "urgent" tickets in every category, 'billing', 'support', 'abuse', and 'sales'. I also sent an email through the website form.

I also tracked down the phone number on their cc billing statement. It led to a man named Kasra, who said he no longer works at the company and hasn't for a "long time".

However, I have spoken to Kasra before and at the time he claimed he was the owner of the company.

He was nice enough but said he couldn't do anything because he left because of management something...something.

I am at my wits end, this was apparently a fly by night company and I simply need my backups that I have been paying for, if they exist.

Does anyone know how to find out what data center these guys are using? Maybe a call to them could put me in touch with someone.

I don't possibly know how Datacentre could help you out. Even if they had backups done by the DC staff, they probably won't be allowed to give them to you, as you were not their customer.

Always have your own backups, whether on your own computer or on a remote server, always always have your own backups.

Kasra is also listed as the domain owner and registered agent of the company.

http://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx...exnetworks.com
    https://sccefile.scc.virginia.gov/Business/07485592

update

They appear to have merged all my open tickets. So I assume someone is still there, but they simply will not respond. I just can't understand this. Beyond frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by pennypacker View Post
    They appear to have merged all my open tickets. So I assume someone is still there, but they simply will not respond. I just can't understand this. Beyond frustrating!
    They merged your tickets to clean up their back end You are probably not the only one shooting tickets at them.

easier said than done

Quote Originally Posted by critihost View Post
    Always have your own backups, whether on your own computer or on a remote server, always always have your own backups.
    \]
    I agree, but sometimes this is much easier said than done. My sites generate far more data than I could ever hope to download without a super fast internet connection, so I should have used an external service I suppose. Trusting an in-house service was my mistake.

I agree, but sometimes this is much easier said than done. My sites generate far more data than I could ever hope to download without a super fast internet connection, so I should have used an external service I suppose. Trusting an in-house service was my mistake.
    It would be a good idea to have just a simple Shared Hosting account to throw backups at. 10 bucks a month and home free.

Quote Originally Posted by xlightwaverx View Post
    It would be a good idea to have just a simple Shared Hosting account to throw backups at. 10 bucks a month and home free.
    That's against the TOS of just about every shared host on the planet.

Amazon S3 / Glacier is fairly reasonable though.

Quote Originally Posted by critihost View Post
    That's against the TOS of just about every shared host on the planet.

Amazon S3 / Glacier is fairly reasonable though.
    I'll have to make sure that I support that. What better use of shared hosting than for data to just sit there?

Quote Originally Posted by xlightwaverx View Post
    I'll have to make sure that I support that. What better use of shared hosting than for data to just sit there?
    Well I assume it's not so much the storage load, but the constant influx of data. If you are keeping daily updates, that could be a lot of data.

Angry

Hi Pennypacker,

It's crazy. I'm going through the same experience. They told me all my sites were hacked and the files were deleted. Which I don't really believe since I never ever been hacked and how can they hack all the sites. They said they can do backups which I have with them. They said they are working on it. My sites have beenn down since Saturday which is over 5 days. I called their main number and it's always busy. I also tracked a 703 number to Kasra. I called and texted him and he said that he doesn't work for the companies even though he is listed as CEO on several sites.

I created several tickets marked as Urgent and it took them 3 days to respond that they are working on the issue. I finally today got replies from two people Adam and Chris. They said they are working on it. I asked them if they can give me a general ETA. They said no ETA.

I just want my data. I have backups but from a year ago which in some case won't work correctly. Once of he reason I got their service is because they do automated backups.

I'm praying that they can come through and fix this issue but honestly I'm really worried.

My sites with stylex have all been down for days. I finally received a response after 24 hours of down time telling me that my sites had been hacked and deleted. They said that if I had the backup service, they could restore them for me. I do and requested that they please restore to the most recent backup. They took another 30 hours to tell me that they are working on my server and will get back to me ASAP. That was 48 hours ago, still no data.

I had no other backups. But I was relying on their triplicate off-site backup service that I was paying for.

I have tried calling their number dozens of times, it just gives a busy signal. I tried opening "urgent" tickets in every category, 'billing', 'support', 'abuse', and 'sales'. I also sent an email through the website form.

I also tracked down the phone number on their cc billing statement. It led to a man named Kasra, who said he no longer works at the company and hasn't for a "long time".

However, I have spoken to Kasra before and at the time he claimed he was the owner of the company.

He was nice enough but said he couldn't do anything because he left because of management something...something.

I am at my wits end, this was apparently a fly by night company and I simply need my backups that I have been paying for, if they exist.

Does anyone know how to find out what data center these guys are using? Maybe a call to them could put me in touch with someone.

I have also been skeptical of the "hacked" excuse. I have had issues before with some infiltration in my site, but this was full on root access if it was. I keep a very secure root password rotating it every month or so. I can't get into SSH, Cpanel, or anything. Absolutely everything was deleted.

Now that I hear your story, I am thinking this even more. When was the last response you got? Mine was 8/25, middle of the day.

Kasra is also listed as the domain name contact and on the business registration, so there is definitely something fishy going on there.

I got a response yesterday from Adam and one today from Chris. All I want is my data back.

--------------------------------------
    Below is the response from them

Your request is still being worked on, you'll be notified once this has been done.

Regards
    Chris M.
    Level 2 System Admin
    ------------------------------------

stylexnetworks.com scam and fraud hosting company

I worked at Stylexnetwork company for a whole year as a support engineer, recently they turned to be a scamming company, we are the support staff didn't receive our salaries for the last 2 months so we stopped our selves and left the company, we tried hard to contact them so we get our money but they don't even reply us, the support team is only one engineer now, and so some times he doesn't even reply clients, some times he closes the tickets or remove it instead of replying clients and help them with their tickets.
    I warn every body from working at or be a client of this SCAM company.
    Anybody needs more info just reply to this thread and I welcome to provide more evidences about this fraud company.

Quote Originally Posted by linuxman1 View Post
    I worked at Stylexnetwork company for a whole year as a support engineer, recently they turned to be a scamming company, we are the support staff didn't receive our salaries for the last 2 months so we stopped our selves and left the company, we tried hard to contact them so we get our money but they don't even reply us, the support team is only one engineer now, and so some times he doesn't even reply clients, some times he closes the tickets or remove it instead of replying clients and help them with their tickets.
    I warn every body from working at or be a client of this SCAM company.
    Anybody needs more info just reply to this thread and I welcome to provide more evidences about this fraud company.
    I am not sure what is wrong but there is definitely something wrong with this company. Just in the last 4-5 days, we have migrated around 7-8 VPS clients to our platform and all of them had the same complaint, "They have not responded to tickets for over 48 hours."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast