Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Your problem is that your database upload is taking too long. Increase the

IPCCommTimeout 60 in /etc/apache2/mods-available/fcgid.conf to
    IPCCommTimeout 300

Edit: Then restart apache
    /etc/init.d/apache2ctl restart

Quote Originally Posted by zch0071 View Post
    I can log in to phpmyadmin and create new database, but can't import database through phpmyadmin, and can only import database by SSH access to mysql. How to solve this?
    Last edited by Scientist; 03-14-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Tuxlite.com Complete LAMP and LNMP script for Debian and Ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist View Post
    Your problem is that your database upload is taking too long. Increase the

IPCCommTimeout 60 in /etc/apache2/mods-available/fcgid.conf to
    IPCCommTimeout 300

Edit: Then restart apache
    /etc/init.d/apache2ctl restart
    I have done according to what said, but still can't solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by zch0071 View Post
    I have done according to what said, but still can't solve the problem.
    What is the file size of your database?
    You probably need to increase upload_max_filesize in /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini if it is a very large file.

@Scientist,

I am attempting to use your current script to build an auto-installer for ispConfig. Do you know of a way to update /etc/fstab to include usrquota,grpquota section? It just need to be added to the mount point /

Another thing that I noticed. It doesn't appear that the skip-innodb is being properly added.

Code:
    sed -i '/myisam_sort_buffer_size/ a\skip-innodb' /etc/mysql/my.cnf
    I can not find it added to /etc/mysql/my.cnf anywhere.

I just fixed that one earlier, but haven't uploaded the new copy yet because I'm finishing up an auto installer for nginx. The skip-innodb line needs to be out of the IF loop.

For your fstab question. I suppose the way I'll do it is by first grepping the / mount point line, append the usrquota and replace the line with sed.

Since, I have no experience with bash. I am just going to skip that for now I guess. I will try to figure it out.

Thanks.

Might be best to leave out automating that though. Different systems will have different (and unpredictable) /etc/fstab entries so it may cause the fstab to break.

Yeah. I guess that I will have to get them to do those steps manually or something.

Quote Originally Posted by dclardy View Post
    Yeah. I guess that I will have to get them to do those steps manually or something.
    Yep, that should be the safest way.

Btw, I just uploaded the Nginx version of my scripts. After spending some time on their wiki, it turns out that the configuration isn't too alien after all.
    http://tuxlite.com/lnmp.tar.gz
    Instructions are on the site if anyone is interested in testing it.

I will take a look at it. Does this one include varnish as well?

If not, how do you set it up to serve files based on vhost. I installed it on NginX, but I couldn't get it to serve the different files. I should look into it some more.

Yep Varnish will work as usual if you use the domain script that comes with it. Bear in mind I've only tested it on Debian squeeze so no clue if it'll work at all for lenny.

The Nginx vhost blocks needs some manual configuration depending on how your site runs, so maybe try something simple like wordpress first. The wordpress script should sort you out.

Alright. I will use your script to see how you configured varnish for NginX. I have it up and running serving my site, but I wanted to try varnish in front of it. It just wouldn't serve domain.com. It only served the default site no matter what domain I typed in.

I run about 6 on one box.

Ah, you probably need to disable the default site first or make sure the ports are set correctly on it. Otherwise Varnish won't be able to listen on port 80.

That was what was weird. All ports were changed. NginX was bound to 8080 and varnish to 80. I bet going through your files will let me figure it out.

Odd... today, trying to connect to the https phpmyadmin directory it says "Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at"

Works fine if I use a different domain that is on the server though.
    Last edited by techjr; 03-15-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Odd indeed. It will load unless there is a temporary glitch with the domain's DNS.
    Somewhat related, if you are using multiple domains you may want to have
    NameVirtualHost *:443

just before Listen 443 in /etc/apache2/ports.conf

Hey Scientist,

I just noticed that my MySQL stuff is all MyISAM. Did the serversetup.sh set my mysql 5.1.x to default to MyISAM?

I would like to use InnoDB (the software I'm using suggest that you use InnoDB)...

if you have the time, could you suggest what do I need to do to achieve that. I guess I need to change my.cnf & change the engine type from MyISAM to InnoDB in existing databases.

I'm sure I'll find a tutorial or something using google, but I'm just wondering if there's anything special your script did.

Thanks

As far as I know, InnoDB only became the default storage engine in mysql 5.5 so the 5.1 shipped with Deb 6 will default to myisam.

The mysql documentation says to put default-storage-engine=innodb in your my.cnf. Also make sure that skip-innodb isn't in your my.cnf. The newer versions of my script has that included. However, I'm not familiar with the consequences of a mixed storage engine database. Do backup your db before trying it out.

Finaly I got my vps server today and I setup your script. After I used an option domain.sh add ..... it created a new folder /srv/www/mydomain..... When I open my site in internet explorer it still uses /var/www site. What could be a problem? Thank you in advance
    Last edited by startera; 03-30-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Was it a subdomain that you added, or a normal domain? The reason I'm asking is that this will happen if your server's hostname is the same as your subdomain.

Honestly I don't really need any subdomains. I'm only using vps for one domain and that's it. My host and sub is the same name. Should I just not use the command domain.sh add... and just use /var/www?

You can do that if you wish, but you will need to add your virtualhost entries and so on manually. The domain.sh script does all that for you.

I think you have your server's hostname configured wrongly, can you PM me the first 2 lines of your options.conf? I assume you are using the latest version of my scripts from the site in my siggy.

I just PM'd you the first two lines. Domain.sh did an amazing job and entered all the info for me and enabled htaccess file as well. Would you recommend to add another domain name with a different name? Should I just delete the folder or just setup the server again from scratch to remove all these entries?

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist View Post
    You can do that if you wish, but you will need to add your virtualhost entries and so on manually. The domain.sh script does all that for you.

I think you have your server's hostname configured wrongly, can you PM me the first 2 lines of your options.conf? I assume you are using the latest version of my scripts from the site in my siggy.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast