How to protect your eNom reseller account ( summary )

How to protect your eNom reseller account ( summary )
    I published this before here but the thread become long and may confuse other memebrs
    Here I'm going to publish the summary again so please don't post a reply to this thread and leave for others to read it as is .

Here I'm going to teach you how to protect your eNom reseller account ( no matter who is your ETP )
    To protect your eNom reseller account ( the term protect means you don't want the ETP or the parent account to delete your account nor to increase your pricing list )

You will need to do two easy steps

1- Push a domain to your account ( the account you want to protect ) or add some funds to it ( this will prevent the ETP from deleting your account

2- Create a sub account under you and make its status " retail status" and lower the pricing list to the lowest you can for every TLD and for the hosting package and for these services too Email forwarding , URL forwarding , DNS Hosting ,POP3 email Paks ,ID Protect .NAME Registration and email forwarding NAME email forwarding
    In a word reduce the pricing list for that retail account to the maximum you can and for all the services ( not only the domains)

( now your ETP will not be able to increase your pricing list because it will affect your sub-account )

I did tried this method myself and it works 100% I couldn't even increase the pricing list for reseller I had protected even for one cent this the message I got when I tried
    ".com.tw: Register Reseller price cannot be set higher than existing reseller sub accounts"
    The above idea will work even if the reseller account you have was 6.95 or 7.95 or more
    As a special case if you have a 8.95 reseller account or more it will be ok also to create a reseller account under you instead of the retail account ( you must lower the pricing list to the minimum )
    Please don't reply to this post and leave it as is to make it easier for other members to read it

Moved to Domain Name How-To's

Thanks honestman
    Last edited by kohashi; 03-29-2004 at 08:30 AM.

Just curious, but isn't it possible for the owner (person who created the sub accounts) to log into a sub account and push domains out of an account or alter them?

he cant push or alter domains using Enter feature of sub-accounts
    it will give him access denied using this menu etc..
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I learn a lot here... thanx y'all!

Great advice! Thanks!

Good information,

It is a shame that a company that offers reseller accounts makes you go through all that to protect your accounts.

Personally i would be looking for a safer reseller

its not the company itself, its the reseller whom you're taking the account from
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Just an FYI - the ETP may not be able to modify the pricing directly, but the ETP can contact eNom and eNom will change the pricing to the indicated amount by the ETP for the account specified, as well as any sub accounts.

The pricing on sub accounts is never a gauranteed thing. Its safer to just get an ETP account then deal with the hassles of getting a sub account from some one you dont even know.

Originally posted by Bashar
    its not the company itself, its the reseller whom you're taking the account from
    Yeah.

Will I be able to get refund from enom. I still got 96 points sitting on my account.

Nope - no refunds, no balance transfers. Clearly stated in the reseller agreement.

Great info. Thanks
    :: Unlimited Reseller Hosting :: Host UNLIMITED DOMAINS resell web hosting services at your own price and brand. Complete transparency in every aspect...
    Special Windows Reseller plans Now Available
    :: R-e-s-e-l-l-e-r-H-o-s-t-i-n-g-S-i-t-e-.c-o-m ::

WWW.RESELLERHOSTINGSITE.COM

Well- this doesn't work. I have done the above, prior to reading this, and I just noticed my prices went up today. Maybe outdated info??
    Every Day Above Ground Is A Good One!!!

MGWebServices.com / MGWebDomains.com / Middleground.us

Originally posted by HostCheap.us.com
    Just an FYI - the ETP may not be able to modify the pricing directly, but the ETP can contact eNom and eNom will change the pricing to the indicated amount by the ETP for the account specified, as well as any sub accounts.

The pricing on sub accounts is never a gauranteed thing. Its safer to just get an ETP account then deal with the hassles of getting a sub account from some one you dont even know.
    Please reference my above comment.

Very good.Thanks.