What happened to Velocity's Support?

Does anyone know what happened to the support staff at Velocity Servers? I've been a longtime customer of them and have recently noticed tickets going unanswered; I've had one specific one open and unresolved for over a month.

In the past Velocity had lightning fast support and great machines and now it seems their support has faltered. I've even tried sending inquiries to some of their staff at the Velocity Servers Network Exchange and I get bounceback emails.

As a result of the above, I've created an account here since I've seen their staff post here in the past. I'm mostly looking for details on what happened to their support. As I said I've been a longtime customer and I really would rather not migrate my server to another host.

Waiting for over a month is not a good sign.

Did you try to call them?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Email Velocity @ support@velocity-servers.net.

This should probably be moved to the game server section.

Have they recently sent any notices or announcements to customers about changes to their support system or contact information?
    Drew Adams- Hivelocity- Sales Manager
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Exclusive Flat Rate cPanel Provider

Does it happen to do with a Softaculous subscription? I contacted them via their entity "Hosting in Houston" and still receieved a delayed response.

CPANEL access is not there now...
    Need a Website?
    Looking to expand your business to the web?
    Advertise your business on our websites!
    PM me for more details!

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Waiting for over a month is not a good sign.

Did you try to call them?
    I tried but there is no direct line for support published on their site. I agree it's not a good sign but knowing what is going on would go a long way to allaying my fears.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBiloh View Post
    Email Velocity @ support@velocity-servers.net.

This should probably be moved to the game server section.
    Hi Jon, I've tried that a number of times and have gotten no reponse or my tickets get closed for inactivity. You were one of the staff I tried emailing at your VSNX address and got the bounceback.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkNode View Post
    Have they recently sent any notices or announcements to customers about changes to their support system or contact information?
    None to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by ddings View Post
    Does it happen to do with a Softaculous subscription? I contacted them via their entity "Hosting in Houston" and still receieved a delayed response.

No this is specifically for a game server in NY.
    Last edited by DemBones; 05-03-2013 at 11:26 AM.

I was under the impression it was velocitycentral
    Need a Website?
    PM me for more details!

Go ahead and email jon@velocity-servers.net and I will take a look.

As for your bounce back, perhaps your email server is listed on a block list or something?

i don't receive response too.so why that?

Velocitycentral what is going on?

Before i bought your hosting. they support so well. But now, when i've bought your hosting 1 day yet. they seem to be like invisible and i don't receive any help and response or support from them. i have tried sent ticket need some help but tomorrow it will disappear. I am very up sad from Velocity Central .net

Quote Originally Posted by walls View Post
    i don't receive response too.so why that?

Velocitycentral what is going on?

Before i bought your hosting. they support so well. But now, when i've bought your hosting 1 day yet. they seem to be like invisible and i don't receive any help and response or support from them. i have tried sent ticket need some help but tomorrow it will disappear. I am very up sad from Velocity Central .net
    Different company there's another thread somewhere.

I think they are closing the company or something. I emailed with Jon Biloh for a while, he attempted (and failed) to fix the issue, then started ignoring me until I posted about it on these forums. Then we emailed back and fourth as he detailed this really nice idea (a VPS from a partner company for a good deal). At first everything seemed like it would work out... then... Nothing.

He went silent again. Tried emails, tickets, phone calls. This is 2 days later and still no server or VPS for what I have paid for. From what it looks like, he was just stringing me along to keep me waiting/paying.

Now I have posted my 3rd time. Hopefully he will respond and stop ignoring me. 15% of this month has been wasted by an inoperable server that I have had a ticket in since the beginning. I just want either my server to work, OR a refund on this month and my server world file so I can go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    I think they are closing the company or something. I emailed with Jon Biloh for a while, he attempted (and failed) to fix the issue, then started ignoring me until I posted about it on these forums. Then we emailed back and fourth as he detailed this really nice idea (a VPS from a partner company for a good deal). At first everything seemed like it would work out... then... Nothing.

He went silent again. Tried emails, tickets, phone calls. This is 2 days later and still no server or VPS for what I have paid for. From what it looks like, he was just stringing me along to keep me waiting/paying.

Now I have posted my 3rd time. Hopefully he will respond and stop ignoring me. 15% of this month has been wasted by an inoperable server that I have had a ticket in since the beginning. I just want either my server to work, OR a refund on this month and my server world file so I can go elsewhere.
    If you are having an issue with the VPS product please contact their support. We wish you the best of luck!

Velocity Central seems dead - server is running - but unattended and with ZERO support.
    A real shame as they WERE very good for a while.
    (The phone number listed at their website is completely dead too.)
    This seems very typical of all the hosting I've used whether it was expensive or cheap, they get burned out and just quit after a while...
    Last edited by smallhagrid; 06-16-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
    Velocity Central seems dead - server is running - but unattended and with ZERO support.
    A real shame as they WERE very good for a while.
    (The phone number listed at their website is completely dead too.)
    This seems very typical of all the hosting I've used whether it was expensive or cheap, they get burned out and just quit after a while...
    You've got the wrong company.

Sorry Jon, Not Talking About You

Quote Originally Posted by JonBiloh View Post
    You've got the wrong company.
    Hi Jon. Apparently, you're unaware that this thread is about velocitycentral.net, and not your company.

Anyway: my experience is the same. These guys are absolutely horrendous. They've let their servers basically die at this point. Zero support, continual 500 errors, database issues.

I'm doing my best to leave them at this point, but with no ability to talk with anyone, it's pretty tough.

As an aside, the "President", namely James Grunshaw, appears to be AWOL.

I should have known when they unhooked their toll-free number...

Good to know it's not us. We're certainly not AWOL. Good luck with Velocity Central.

It seems that velocitycentral.net has gone. My site can't visit and there isn't any reply for my ticket.

Yep, the writing was on the wall for this guy quite a while ago.

They kept my sites live about two months after the last ticket, but if you paid for a year, you're not getting that hosting.

On the other hand, they were $5. Lesson learned, I guess. Just a shame that they were so good for so long!

Quote Originally Posted by jetbrains View Post
    It seems that velocitycentral.net has gone. My site can't visit and there isn't any reply for my ticket.
    Loads of people lately are having issues with VC, however their site is online.

What happens if velocity clsoes up and we have domains registered through them? Are we screwed?
    Need a Website?
    PM me for more details!

Quote Originally Posted by ddings View Post
    What happens if velocity clsoes up and we have domains registered through them? Are we screwed?
    Depends, go to who.is/whois/domain-name.com and see who the registrar is, check if it's in your name.

If it's in your name you have a chance of contacting the registrar and asking for help to get your own account. You will need to verify you own the domain so take a pdf copy of the invoice you paid at VC.

You can transfer out if you can get your EPP code to another domain registrar, and be safe, however again you need access to the administrator email address to verify the transfer.

If the domain is in their name / etc you are technically stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by zalta1980 View Post

Dejavu time... http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...96&postcount=5

That's happened before.

Just found this thread .. all I can say is "me too". I filed a ticket because my server disappeared, the ticket auto-response comes to my email account and after 3 days it is auto-closed because *I* did not reply to it. Meanwhile my auto-subscribe is still getting dinged for the monthly.

Shame, the server was quite reliable for the past 8 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by NightStorm View Post
    Just found this thread .. all I can say is "me too". I filed a ticket because my server disappeared, the ticket auto-response comes to my email account and after 3 days it is auto-closed because *I* did not reply to it. Meanwhile my auto-subscribe is still getting dinged for the monthly.

Shame, the server was quite reliable for the past 8 months or so.
    The owner doesn't care about his customers clearly, he hasn't even came on Webhostingtalk to reply to this thread, oh he can't since his disabled now: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=432923

Customers might want to see this: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...4&postcount=77
    Last edited by Atlanical-Mike; 08-16-2013 at 08:43 AM.