hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting Talk Tutorials : Domain Name Tutorials : How to protect your eNom reseller account ( summary )

Forum Jump

How to protect your eNom reseller account ( summary )

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Name Tutorials Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2004, 11:34 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

I published this before here but the thread become long and may confuse other memebrs
Here I'm going to publish the summary again so please don't post a reply to this thread and leave for others to read it as is .

Here I'm going to teach you how to protect your eNom reseller account ( no matter who is your ETP )
To protect your eNom reseller account ( the term protect means you don't want the ETP or the parent account to delete your account nor to increase your pricing list )

You will need to do two easy steps

1- Push a domain to your account ( the account you want to protect ) or add some funds to it ( this will prevent the ETP from deleting your account

2- Create a sub account under you and make its status " retail status" and lower the pricing list to the lowest you can for every TLD and for the hosting package and for these services too Email forwarding , URL forwarding , DNS Hosting ,POP3 email Paks ,ID Protect .NAME Registration and email forwarding NAME email forwarding
In a word reduce the pricing list for that retail account to the maximum you can and for all the services ( not only the domains)

( now your ETP will not be able to increase your pricing list because it will affect your sub-account )

I did tried this method myself and it works 100% I couldn't even increase the pricing list for reseller I had protected even for one cent this the message I got when I tried
Quote:
".com.tw: Register Reseller price cannot be set higher than existing reseller sub accounts"
The above idea will work even if the reseller account you have was 6.95 or 7.95 or more
As a special case if you have a 8.95 reseller account or more it will be ok also to create a reseller account under you instead of the retail account ( you must lower the pricing list to the minimum )
Please don't reply to this post and leave it as is to make it easier for other members to read it

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2004, 07:14 AM
Retired Moderator

Moved to Domain Name How-To's

Thanks honestman

Last edited by kohashi; 03-29-2004 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Web Hosting Master

Just curious, but isn't it possible for the owner (person who created the sub accounts) to log into a sub account and push domains out of an account or alter them?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2004, 06:14 PM
Retired Moderator

he cant push or alter domains using Enter feature of sub-accounts
it will give him access denied using this menu etc..

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Old 07-29-2004, 10:22 AM

I learn a lot here... thanx y'all!

Old 11-09-2004, 03:30 AM
Got Internet?

Great advice! Thanks!

Old 11-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Disabled

Good information,

It is a shame that a company that offers reseller accounts makes you go through all that to protect your accounts.

Personally i would be looking for a safer reseller

Old 11-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Retired Moderator

its not the company itself, its the reseller whom you're taking the account from

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Old 01-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Web Hosting Master

Just an FYI - the ETP may not be able to modify the pricing directly, but the ETP can contact eNom and eNom will change the pricing to the indicated amount by the ETP for the account specified, as well as any sub accounts.

The pricing on sub accounts is never a gauranteed thing. Its safer to just get an ETP account then deal with the hassles of getting a sub account from some one you dont even know.

Old 02-05-2005, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
its not the company itself, its the reseller whom you're taking the account from
Yeah.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Will I be able to get refund from enom. I still got 96 points sitting on my account.

Old 02-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Web Hosting Master

Nope - no refunds, no balance transfers. Clearly stated in the reseller agreement.

Old 02-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Web Hosting Master

Great info. Thanks

WWW.RESELLERHOSTINGSITE.COM

Old 02-28-2005, 04:21 PM
WHT Addict

Well- this doesn't work. I have done the above, prior to reading this, and I just noticed my prices went up today. Maybe outdated info??

MGWebServices.com / MGWebDomains.com / Middleground.us

Old 03-01-2005, 03:02 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by HostCheap.us.com
Just an FYI - the ETP may not be able to modify the pricing directly, but the ETP can contact eNom and eNom will change the pricing to the indicated amount by the ETP for the account specified, as well as any sub accounts.

The pricing on sub accounts is never a gauranteed thing. Its safer to just get an ETP account then deal with the hassles of getting a sub account from some one you dont even know.
Please reference my above comment.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
DreamHost to Use eNom Reseller Platform to Manage Domain Business Web Hosting News 2013-07-31 15:08:12
WHMCS Integrates eNom New TLD Portal Web Hosting News 2013-04-04 16:44:38
eNom VP Chris Sheridan on New TLDs and the Hosting Business Whir Tv 2013-10-05 03:45:27
cPanel Conference 2012: Everything You Need to Know About New TLDs with Chris Sheridan Web Hosting News 2012-10-10 16:17:54
SiteLock Partners with Wholesale Registrar eNom to Distribute Security Tools to Resellers Web Hosting News 2012-06-21 14:40:39