hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : WHT Announcements, Feedback and Questions : Thanks for sharing crap
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Thanks for sharing crap

Closed Thread Post New Thread In WHT Announcements, Feedback and Questions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Web Hosting Master

MattF,
You would not believe how many times I have posted 4 times in a thread helping a person with their problem and they post thanks, can you suggest where to get hosting, domain names.... So as obnoxious as the signatures are, they seem to not get noticed so much.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 03:40 AM
Web Hosting Master

The filth has returned,reported several times, and still not banned?
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...duser&u=416893

Recent highlights of last few days, there are absolute gems of jibberish if you want to browse the last month, is this post count contribution that WHT intends to protect or cleanup on a daily basis without no suspension/banning? Do anyone really believe this is the actions of an innocent non-english contributor with good intentions.. please?

Quote:
My recommendation for you if you have game site and need stable and good performance, you can add some hardware, uch as RAM and hard disk.
Quote:
To avoid spam email, you can buy email applications that integrated with spam filter. Based on my experience, spam email can blocked by spam filter. This email is paid version. You can choose email applications that integrated with complete features inside.
Quote:
For above purpose, you can use some live chat application that integrated with multiple features so you can use this features as you want, such as offline message.
Quote:
Yes sure, you can integrated wordpress host with windows server. But for different applications, especially if you have wordpress with specific features, you must be add some application inside.

Last edited by MattF; 08-18-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:51 AM
Web Hosting Master

Those posts made me lough hard

--Roel.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Web Hosting Master

I like the DDOS performance one the best

Quote:
I think to increase your DDos performance, you can upgrade your packages, especially for speed, bandwidth, and capacity. Of course, you should be increase your monthly budget for this purpose.
Or the special application, use the force luke..

Quote:
Various way to calculate for you if you want to do. You can ask directly to your hosting provider, or you can use the special applications for that.
The stability of speed.

Quote:
To get maximum performance, you can use the high speed of RAM. Especially if you need stability of speed. For some kind of RAM, usually have been integrated with latest technology.

Most of these have been reported of course in the last 2 weeks...

Last edited by MattF; 08-18-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:07 AM
/me dawns tinfoil hat

Just so we can quit being mad about everything we don't like now, you are aware you can turn signatures off, correct?

http://screencast.com/t/UGU1yTLNT0 Uncheck the signature box, scroll down and hit submit, so we can be done with this thread.

Edit: Quite honestly, looking at a few of the users posts, they for the most part relate to the thread they post in, it just seems that English clearly isn't their first language, I don't think they should be penalized for that.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:11 AM
unghhh... Baaandwidth....

I looked through some of his replies, and though he's not a very clear writer, I don't see anything malicious or wrong about what he's saying. It looks like he's genuinely trying to be helpful, and in some cases offering specific and useful advice, and in other cases somewhat generic advice, but aside from the obvious language barrier, it looks no worse in quality than what a lot of people say on the forum. Just because someone isn't amazing doesn't mean they should get banned.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:13 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Edit: Quite honestly, looking at a few of the users posts, they for the most part relate to the thread they post in, it just seems that English clearly isn't their first language, I don't think they should be penalized for that.
this isnt the case. It is either a summarizing bot, or a really really low-paid SEO guy (suspecting IP resolves to Philippines). If you review the profile it is a clear cut that it is all fluff posting to expose signature, true most of sentences pull words from thread starter or replies, but meaningless jibberish. I give up if this is allowed (or merely attributed to someone who doesnt speak english as first language).

Old 08-18-2012, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattF View Post
this isnt the case. It is either a summarizing bot, or a really really low-paid SEO guy (suspecting IP resolves to Philippines). If you review the profile it is a clear cut that it is all fluff posting to expose signature, true most of sentences pull words from thread starter or replies, but meaningless jibberish. I give up if this is allowed (or merely attributed to someone who doesnt speak english as first language).
This really isn't the case. For example if you look when people are asking for free billing solutions, he lists a half a dozen programs for that, but then recommends using a paid solution if you plan to run a real business. That's not a useless post, and it really doesn't matter why you think he decided to post it, if he had some nefarious purpose behind posting useful information, the fact is that the quality of his posts, aside from the obvious language barrier, is no worse than many reasonably active legitimate users.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:22 AM
/me dawns tinfoil hat

So, this is your second thread proclaiming your personal hatred for one user of WHT?

Either disable signatures, or ignore the user so you don't see their posts.

Also, not really seeing where you're getting that particular users IP Address from?

Old 08-18-2012, 04:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

You guys are missing the intent, I dont personally hate said user, I dont know him/her/it, I dislike WHT being expolited as an SEO marketing tool in fashion it currently is (where youtube comments are more logical). Yes I have mentioned this in another thread, however I use it here again to further illustrate the point that signatures are causing more harm than good.

I dont have access to WHT user's IPs, however people familiar with SEO will understand the relation.

Of course, it makes much easier for fluffy posters to use Top_Hosting as the lowest-case demoniator for what qualifies as acceptable, so I understand the support he/she/it is receiving.

@ioflood, regarding the billing post, granted that has me thrown a bit, he/she may of been warned by mods as does seem out of character with normal repeated jibberish offered, interesting..

Last edited by MattF; 08-18-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:40 AM
Web Hosting Master

@MrObvious, I didnt realise I could hide signatures, thats very handy, just needs 'Hides fluffy posts'
'Hides jibberish'
'Collapsed <1 sentence posts into comments'

Old 08-18-2012, 06:39 AM
Older than the Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattF View Post
@MrObvious, I didnt realise I could hide signatures . . .
Yes, that feature has only been around for like a decade or more.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Windows Xen VPS Expert

Can use a module to do not show signature if reply is shorter then 10 character or use this words "thanks for sharing", etc?

Old 08-18-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
Can use a module to do not show signature if reply is shorter then 10 character or use this words "thanks for sharing", etc?
Not a problem worth solving in my opinion. Report a post works fine if someone has broken a rule, otherwise, who cares?

Old 08-19-2012, 12:12 AM
An Awesome Dude

Thank you Matt,its good to NOT BE AFRAID TO SPEAK THE TRUTH

Closed Thread