Cool Incero Review (Hint: 200% would recommend)

I've hopped between different hosts because they all left something to be desired. However, I've been with Incero for close to 2.5 years now. I think I should give them a long due review.

I currently own two dedicated servers with them.

Pros
    • Support
      In other reviews of Incero on WHT, they all praise Incero for their customer support. I have to as well. I genuinely feel they give a crap about their customers and they will do everything in their power to make you happy. A few supporting points:
      • Their CEO responds to tickets from time to time even though they're a decently sized network. You can also search my post history. I've posted a problem on WHC once and their CEO, Gordon, replied to it as well.
      • I get ticket responses outside of their specified business hours from time to time. It's amazing when your HDD dies at 12AM and someone replaces for you even though you don't really expect it.
      • Tickets are usually responded to within 12 hours. They're usually responded to within 1 hour during their business hours. It's amazing.
    • Promos and pricing
      Time to time, if you follow their Facebook, they have deals that will absolutely blow your mind away. Their recent OSTera deal comes to mind. A 64 core AMD server for $149 a month! They also give discounts to loyal customers, I believe. Right now they're running a end-of-year sale for loyal customers. (Hopefully I can get a good deal on the upgrade I'm planning to do! I'm excited to see what sort of package I can get!)
    • Quality of network
      I've been able to hit my full gigabit from both servers without issues all the time. They definitely don't oversell their bandwidth and not to mention their peering is top tier.
    • Control panel
      This is a personal preference. I really like their control panel. It's not plagued with useless/filler links and text. They built it themselves and it's very clean and intuitive. In comparison, I would say OVH's control panels are extremely confusing (both new and old).

Cons
    I don't really have many complaints, but if I have to think hard and provide an answer, it would have to be the fact that I've had a few more failed hardware instances with them than I would like. However, they were all replaced within 12 hours, so I can't really complain.

Another issue I have is that they don't really support Windows licenses. You will have to get your own Windows license and install it on the server manually. If you're deploying multiple Windows servers without virtualization, this might turn you off.

Final words
    I've been with OVH, Leaseweb, 100TB, etc and I felt they were very impersonal (I can't blame them) and sometimes the quality of their product isn't up to par. However, I don't think that's the case with Incero. I feel valued as a customer and I think their product is better than all other large providers. Their price is extremely competitive for the quality of network/servers/service they provide.

If you're looking to move servers to a long term provider, I would definitely recommend Incero!
    Last edited by mangochan; 12-06-2014 at 07:37 AM.

I'll have to agree. I signed up with them the other day and tickets are responded to promptly and effectively (completely exceeds expectations)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonchun View Post
    I'll have to agree. I signed up with them the other day and tickets are responded to promptly and effectively (completely exceeds expectations)
    I'm glad someone else thinks so as well. I feel like it's my duty to promote how important customer service is since so many companies nowadays have not very good or even average customer service.

Customer service wins you loyal customers. Loyal customers have a much higher lifetime value to a business. Incero is clearly doing this right.

Quote Originally Posted by mangochan View Post
    I'm glad someone else thinks so as well. I feel like it's my duty to promote how important customer service is since so many companies nowadays have not very good or even average customer service.

Customer service wins you loyal customers. Loyal customers have a much higher lifetime value to a business. Incero is clearly doing this right.
    You're also not going to be responded to with ******** like "I will escalate this to level ____". Every response I've had (I've had a couple tickets as I placed a medium-sized order) was prompt and solved/answered the question. Their support knows what they're doing which is what makes it all the better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonchun View Post
    You're also not going to be responded to with ******** like "I will escalate this to level ____". Every response I've had (I've had a couple tickets as I placed a medium-sized order) was prompt and solved/answered the question. Their support knows what they're doing which is what makes it all the better in my opinion.
    To add onto that: I've dealt with I think 3 or 4 different supports (John, Ryan, Gordon, and someone else? I forget). They were all able to solve my problems without, as you mentioned, any sort of escalation. These problems range from replacing hard disks and servers to fixing software/configuration issues.

Gordon is a good guy. You can't go wrong with him :-)

Good to see some companies are still doing their job like it should be done
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

mangochan, thanks very much for the review. It helps those of us in the market for new servers. I also noticed that Incero takes Bitcoin, very cool!

Thank you for your kind words

Thanks kindly for the review and your business. We appreciate both a lot, I can't stress that enough. The other staff members were probably Jordan and Joe, and we look forward to serving you for many more years to come.

--

A little subtext about SLA (politely in response to "12 hours");
    I would like to clarify however, that we have a 2 hour 24/7/365 hardware sla with 24/7 on-site technicians to handle these issues; http://incero.com/sla just open a high priority ticket (which is refunded in full) to get a senior engineer on your case within 10 minutes. We also provide complete courtesy hardware swaps in case of software issues and such where the issue can't be tied to hardware specifically (e.g. if a newly deployed server's RAID card isn't best for your OS, or there is a bug with your OS pertaining to certain HW configurations and your server is not down, etc. If your server is down, make use of the 2 hour SLA!).

In your specific case;
    I believe that in your case you had this issue (with a windows bug dropping ftp udp traffic on multi ip setups http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817829 ), we didn't get a response from you about this being the proposed issue (other than reboot fixed your issue), but regardless we offered to swap out the non-downed server in full the next business day. We like to do this because I myself have personally used other hosts and I thought there was a hardware issue but couldn't be 100% sure, and it's a hassle going back and forth arguing with staff over it. It causes customer frustration and takes up customer and staff time, it's much better for all involved to just swap out the server in full. In your case we swapped the server with a /29 for a new server with a /30 (so that the windows multi ip udp bug couldn't be an issue and so that you could eliminated hardware concerns, a win win all around).

Sorry to drag on a bit there, I just wanted to clarify as sometimes it is not clear what a customer's options are. We also recently changed our contact page to detail the different procedures for emergencies etc with this in mind .

Cons
    I don't really have many complaints, but if I have to think hard and provide an answer, it would have to be the fact that I've had a few more failed hardware instances with them than I would like. However, they were all replaced within 12 hours, so I can't really complain.
    Wow they looked a good feast for the eyes until I later viewed their TOS and I could not believe this clause..

"We typically aim to deploy servers within 2-10 business days, however some server configurations (custom setups, hardware availability) may take up to 60 calendar days to deploy. If your order is projected to take longer than our average deployment time you will be contacted; we strive to always deploy your server as soon as possible. No refund will be provided for servers that are cancelled while waiting for deployment."

What the... For this reason if it literally means that setup might take up to TWO MONTHS and if it still be waiting upon you can't get a refund regardless then I don't recommend this or any companies who place so high policies so they have "extra air to breath". This would be acceptable like 10 years ago but now of days there is NO REASONS a data center would take TWO MONTHS. Now of days only up to 2 full weeks is acceptable for customized orders. Left alone you can't even claim a refund if it taking too long.

Sorry to go off in such a good review thread;however, I NEVER came across such a high policy just for the company's own benefits to "secure" their business.

I was very much considering using these beasts in addition to my current supplier;however, I won't be agreeing to such terms of possibly of screwing over my own customers.

At the end of the day.. don't count your chickens before they hatch. Always read a provider's TOS, AUP, and etc to be sure they have reasonable policies, you can use your services on the provider in question servers, and anything else you may be concerned about.

@Gordon
    Thanks for clarifying. I learned something new today! I was very surprised when you offered to swap the server. It certainly did make things a lot less frustrating as I couldn't pinpoint the software issue.

@HarvestMine
    Interesting. Anecdotally, all my servers have been deployed within 0-2 business days. I know they don't really do refunds for testing out servers though.

@HarvestMine
    Interesting. Anecdotally, all my servers have been deployed within 0-2 business days. I know they don't really do refunds for testing out servers though.
    It's not "for testing" as no where will give a refund for that. I am referring as if your server taking long, but as long as the deployment is not longer than 60 days then they are not required to refund you.

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMine View Post
    It's not "for testing" as no where will give a refund for that. I am referring as if your server taking long, but as long as the deployment is not longer than 60 days then they are not required to refund you.
    You've never been a client of theirs so you shouldn't bash a good review thread. Every host has a ToS to cover their ass in bad situations or bad clients. Custom configurations can take longer because they would need to order parts which can take a week, build the server, etc. If they had no stock for a server I'm sure they would notify you of that, but any smart customer would ask before ordering. I can understand his business model and it isn't for people who have no clue what they're doing or don't know why they are buying a server in the first place.
    Last edited by Mike_A; 12-06-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_A View Post
    You've never been a client of theirs so you shouldn't bash a good review thread. Every host has a ToS to cover their ass in bad situations or bad clients. Custom configurations can take longer because they would need to order parts which can take a week, build the server, etc. If they had no stock for a server I'm sure they would notify you of that, but any smart customer would ask before ordering. I can understand his business model and it isn't for people who have no clue what they're doing or don't know why they are buying a server in the first place.
    Yes I can understand 1 week heck even 2 weeks is still acceptable;however, 60 days which is about 8 weeks. Don't you think a bit extreme?? Yes they did said on the TOS they would let you know, but what good does that do when you can't change your own business operation like for instance taking your money elsewhere (since they say no refunds on the TOS)?

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMine View Post
    Yes I can understand 1 week heck even 2 weeks is still acceptable;however, 60 days which is about 8 weeks. Don't you think a bit extreme?? Yes they did said on the TOS they would let you know, but what good does that do when you can't change your own business operation like for instance taking your money elsewhere (since they say no refunds on the TOS)?
    Did you have a server with them? Did you have to wait 8 weeks to have it setup? Do you know anyone who has complained about an 8 week setup time? Exactly, you haven't, so why are you bashing them?

@HarvestMine thanks for your feedback, that's a great point, and we should work to clarify delivery times further in the TOS. Doing so will undoubtedly help attract more customers. However, I think that perhaps you're slightly quoting it out of context.

TLDR; Dallas dedis listed on our site are typically setup same business day. Custom solutions (not listed on our site, e.g. a 20TB Dell SAN) typically take 5-10 days.

Full response;

On our servers page http://incero.com/servers we mention;
    Dallas, TX servers are in stock and are usually deployed the same business day if payment is made before 4:30PM CST!
    Indeed almost every (I would guesstimate 95%) direct customer orders placed on our site in the past 12 months has been setup in less than 1 full business day, typically same business day for Dallas servers when paid by 4:30PM CST. In all instances that 1 business day isn't going to be met we certainly know this as soon as the order comes in and we contact the client with options (willing to wait a day? We'll overnight the part. Can't wait? We can substitute something. Want to cancel? No problem, lets refund it.)

Customers requiring completely custom (not on our website) configurations (e.g. a 20TB storage SAN from Dell) and the likes are going to be ordered from the vendor when payment clears, and then the ball is in their court. We have a lot of customers that work with us on this sort of basis as they need custom equipment but don't want to reduce their working capital by buying it directly and paying for the whole thing upfront. Nothing is intentionally underhanded here, just a standard term, and we're very open with clients that if they order something completely custom (not on our site) that there will be a wait, and it's typically 5-10 days. My main point is, that we discuss delivery times with the client when they make a custom order, I think the worst scenario we ever faced was 10 days for a custom order back during the Thailand floods when the customer needed custom hard drives that we don't typically stock.

I believe that all our customers would agree that it is a non issue, however its great to receive prospective client feedback, especially when it is preventing them from making an order. We will take the feedback to heart and hopefully revise the TOS to make it more clear.

Back to some weekend DIY for me, lovely weather here in Texas today, no better time to finally paint the garage. Thanks to everyone for the comments and support.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrp View Post
    @HarvestMine thanks for your feedback, that's a great point, and we should work to clarify delivery times further in the TOS. Doing so will undoubtedly help attract more customers. However, I think that perhaps you're slightly quoting it out of context.

TLDR; Dallas dedis listed on our site are typically setup same business day. Custom solutions (not listed on our site, e.g. a 20TB Dell SAN) typically take 5-10 days.

Full response;

On our servers page http://incero.com/servers we mention;

Indeed almost every (I would guesstimate 95%) direct customer orders placed on our site in the past 12 months has been setup in less than 1 full business day, typically same business day for Dallas servers when paid by 4:30PM CST. In all instances that 1 business day isn't going to be met we certainly know this as soon as the order comes in and we contact the client with options (willing to wait a day? We'll overnight the part. Can't wait? We can substitute something. Want to cancel? No problem, lets refund it.)

Customers requiring completely custom (not on our website) configurations (e.g. a 20TB storage SAN from Dell) and the likes are going to be ordered from the vendor when payment clears, and then the ball is in their court. We have a lot of customers that work with us on this sort of basis as they need custom equipment but don't want to reduce their working capital by buying it directly and paying for the whole thing upfront. Nothing is intentionally underhanded here, just a standard term, and we're very open with clients that if they order something completely custom (not on our site) that there will be a wait, and it's typically 5-10 days. My main point is, that we discuss delivery times with the client when they make a custom order, I think the worst scenario we ever faced was 10 days for a custom order back during the Thailand floods when the customer needed custom hard drives that we don't typically stock.

I believe that all our customers would agree that it is a non issue, however its great to receive prospective client feedback, especially when it is preventing them from making an order. We will take the feedback to heart and hopefully revise the TOS to make it more clear.

Back to some weekend DIY for me, lovely weather here in Texas today, no better time to finally paint the garage. Thanks to everyone for the comments and support.
    Wow thank you so much for explaining this to me, and taking in the major concern I had with the current TOS seriously! Okay now I understand how it's works, and thank again for taking my concern regarding this.

Now I am confidence with going with this service provider, when I need to employ serious hardware like those offered on the site then I will get going to those.

HarvestMine,

I can certainly vouch for Gordon and the folks over at Incero. Setup times are usually very quick over there. I've never had a setup take more than a couple days, and as Gordon says, same day is pretty much the norm on standard setups.

I've few servers with incero. They are excellent and didn't take more than 24hrs to setup server. Sometimes they setup server within 4hrs.
    ExonHost - In Business Since 2009 - 24/7 Real Support | Multiple Locations
    █ NVMe SSD | cPanel | LiteSpeed - Accelerate Your Website, Maximum Performance!