Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lack of reply

I have receieved a reply, and apology, aswell as a credit for the troubles. Im still lacking softaculous but have access to CPANEL, backups can happen now atleast!
    Need a Website?
    Looking to expand your business to the web?
    Advertise your business on our websites!
    PM me for more details!

Hello Everyone,

James Grunshaw here from Velocity Central.

First, I want to clear a few things up that seem to be misunderstood here. I own and operate Velocity CEntral and sister company, Hosting in Houston myself at present. I answer to everything and everyone and I also take sole responsibility for everything, every reply and the public face of the company.

My company is not to be confused with Velocity-Servers, which is a game server company based out of NY. We have nothing to do with them and it would appear there are more bad reviews of that company clouding our name.

Recently, we have been changing over our license vendor from one provider to another. One such issue is licenses have expired and have had to be re-activated. In the case of Softacuous, we not ge our licenses directly from them rather than through a 3rd party.

We have many servers and many VPS customers which use cPanel, so transferring over licenses is a logistical nightmare. Sometimes, they get left out or in a recent case, double ordered. In the case of a double order, one can be re-issued to another IP, but it often results in a conflict.

I am personally working to improve the overall product range that Velocity Central offers as well as the stability of all the services.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings anybody has about Velocity Central. I am happy to talk to people personally should you have an issue with us directly. You open a support / sales ticket, or email admin@velocitycentral.net.

Yes, sometimes we make mistakes, but as I said above, I am the one who takes full responsibility for it and do everything possible to rectify any mistakes or problems that arise.

Thank you all for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by VelocityCentral View Post
    My company is not to be confused with Velocity-Servers, which is a game server company based out of NY. We have nothing to do with them and it would appear there are more bad reviews of that company clouding our name.
    We found that out ourselves.

Recently, we have been changing over our license vendor from one provider to another. One such issue is licenses have expired and have had to be re-activated.
    We have many servers and many VPS customers which use cPanel, so transferring over licenses is a logistical nightmare.
    How? You find out how many licenses you need, get the list of the IPs eg:

1. xx.xxx.x.xx
    2. xxx.xx.xx.x
    3. x.xx.xxx.xx
    4. xx.xx.xxx.x

Then you order them in top - to bottom from the new vendor.

You then cancel the licenses at the other provider.

Then open a ticket and tell the customer to SSH into their VPS and put in: /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt that then updates their license.

Not sure how hard that is?

In the case of Softacuous, we not ge our licenses directly from them rather than through a 3rd party.
    Why don't you buy them direct?

support is not working. I asked for refund but no one answer..

Did anyone have request refund and success?

Quote Originally Posted by greenpp View Post

Hello,
    Do you have a ticket number? Please PM me directly, or you can email me admin[at]velocitycentral.net - I will take care of it. We do have a refund policy and provided you meet the criteria, we will refund you with no questions asked.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I am personally working to improve the overall product range that Velocity Central offers as well as the stability of all the services.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings anybody has about Velocity Central. I am happy to talk to people personally should you have an issue with us directly. You open a support / sales ticket, or email admin@velocitycentral.net.

Yes, sometimes we make mistakes, but as I said above, I am the one who takes full responsibility for it and do everything possible to rectify any mistakes or problems that arise.

Thank you all for your time.

Stayed quiet, watched from the background, have to say something.

Another scam company that yet again lurks on the pages of WHT.

I was hired for a project that included one of your vps's (client's choice).

- Purchased VPS
    - No login information was given
    - Contacted support, waited 24 hours for login info
    - Logged into account, found specs were not as advertised (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...elocitycentral)

This is the ad;

CPU: Core2Quad Q660 or better (4 cores) shared
    Disk: 200Gb
    Bandwidth: 5Tb @ 100Mbps (UPTO 1GBPS AVAILABLE!)
    RAM: 4096Mb GUARANTEED!
    Burst: 6144Mb
    IPs: 2 IPv4

This is what was given;

Disk: 100Gb
    RAM: 2096Mb GUARANTEED!
    Burst: 2GB
    IPs: 1 IPv4

I found another option for my client. Here is the best part;

"Money Back Guarantee, 30 Days no questions asked money back guarantee."

Once you cancel, they delete your account and do not respond.

Hello,
    Do you have a ticket number? Please PM me directly, or you can email me admin[at]velocitycentral.net - I will take care of it. We do have a refund policy and provided you meet the criteria, we will refund you with no questions asked.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Do you respond before or after you delete the clients account?

Ah, good ol' con-artist hosts. It always makes the industry look bad when an unsuspecting customer signs up and gets burnt.

There really needs to be a ban on hosts with such complaints. Makes everything a joke, and the customer is not laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    Stayed quiet, watched from the background, have to say something.

Another scam company that yet again lurks on the pages of WHT.

I was hired for a project that included one of your vps's (client's choice).

- Purchased VPS
    - No login information was given
    - Contacted support, waited 24 hours for login info
    - Logged into account, found specs were not as advertised (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...elocitycentral)

This is the ad;

Disk: 200Gb
    RAM: 4096Mb GUARANTEED!
    Burst: 6144Mb
    IPs: 2 IPv4

This is what was given;

Disk: 100Gb
    RAM: 2096Mb GUARANTEED!
    Burst: 2GB
    IPs: 1 IPv4

I found another option for my client. Here is the best part;

"Money Back Guarantee, 30 Days no questions asked money back guarantee."

Once you cancel, they delete your account and do not respond.

Do you respond before or after you delete the clients account?

Ah, good ol' con-artist hosts. It always makes the industry look bad when an unsuspecting customer signs up and gets burnt.

There really needs to be a ban on hosts with such complaints. Makes everything a joke, and the customer is not laughing.
    Your issue was related to a problem with WHMCS. We fixed it, you got your login information and you got what you paid for. As I recall, you couldn't access the server by SSH, this was an issue with the template, which was easily overcome by a re-install of your VPS to a different one. By this time, you had already placed a cancellation request, an immediate one at that. I sent you ticket updates asking if you wanted to be moved to a different node, no reply. I even offered you compensation for the inconvenience, no reply.

We are not a "con" host. We have many happy customres. Sometimes, things happen. Yes, we have a 30 day money back guarantee. Yours was refunded not that long ago.

We don't have that many complaints, but sure, like very host, we have them. You can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try.

The biggest thing that gets me is being called a "scammer". This is something I am not, I don't approve of and my company is not related with and doesn't perform or carry out or get involved with.

Please, choose your words wisely, what you say can be damaging whether you mean it to be or not.

I've aid it before, Velocity Central is a reputable host. We have been in the business since 2005, and have many happy customers. I take full responsibility for everything personally.

Your issue was related to a problem with WHMCS. We fixed it, you got your login information and you got what you paid for. As I recall, you couldn't access the server by SSH, this was an issue with the template, which was easily overcome by a re-install of your VPS to a different one. By this time, you had already placed a cancellation request, an immediate one at that. I sent you ticket updates asking if you wanted to be moved to a different node, no reply. I even offered you compensation for the inconvenience, no reply.

We are not a "con" host. We have many happy customres. Sometimes, things happen. Yes, we have a 30 day money back guarantee. Yours was refunded not that long ago.

We don't have that many complaints, but sure, like very host, we have them. You can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try.

The biggest thing that gets me is being called a "scammer". This is something I am not, I don't approve of and my company is not related with and doesn't perform or carry out or get involved with.

Please, choose your words wisely, what you say can be damaging whether you mean it to be or not.

I've aid it before, Velocity Central is a reputable host. We have been in the business since 2005, and have many happy customers. I take full responsibility for everything personally.

I hate excuses. Your using the same setup that I use and many others on here...difference, mine works.

We waited 24 hours to log into the account because of the missing info. Then when we received the info, the specs were wrong...waited almost a day for that correction. Then on the clients request to follow up on the refund, you deleted the account!?!?!?! The amount was not the issue, the principal of the issue is. Found another provider, up and running within minutes...as it should be with a million dollar host or a thousand dollar host.

You seem to forget that the majority of users on here ARE other hosts, so passing off an excuse that you would on a customer ain't working. The refund was requested, no response. Had to put a paypal complaint which was refunded within minutes....much faster than your support.

Your email is not configured properly since everything immediately goes to spam, and your whmcs setup is questionable.

I will agree that all hosts/companies will have dark moments, but there's usually a quick correction follow up.

I hate excuses. Your using the same setup that I use and many others on here...difference, mine works.

We waited 24 hours to log into the account because of the missing info. Then when we received the info, the specs were wrong...waited almost a day for that correction. Then on the clients request to follow up on the refund, you deleted the account!?!?!?! The amount was not the issue, the principal of the issue is. Found another provider, up and running within minutes...as it should be with a million dollar host or a thousand dollar host.

You seem to forget that the majority of users on here ARE other hosts, so passing off an excuse that you would on a customer ain't working. The refund was requested, no response. Had to put a paypal complaint which was refunded within minutes....much faster than your support.

Your email is not configured properly since everything immediately goes to spam, and your whmcs setup is questionable.

I will agree that all hosts/companies will have dark moments, but there's usually a quick correction follow up.
    No no, there is no excuse. There genuinely was a problem with WHMCS that was caused by a file that we edited so it was in fact self inflicted. This is what lead to your delay.

Email is configured correctly, it may be an issue with the IP which I will check on and ensure that is fixed.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your feedback. I will use all this feedback to better equip my company and the way we operate.

Re:

Me.I'm Tien(cong...@gmail.com). My site is quite pretty high ranking on alexa. I have received notice refund from Velocitycentral. i am waiting money back.

Like i said James before, i will buy your hosting again if your company is better than now.

I think you should need more support or contact for customer always, a lot of companies successful by good support and respond (max waiting respond from 1 to 2 hours)

Another, that is use trial your hosting for customer(test your hosting). If test work and happy with that, they will continue use your hosting and pay for that!

Hope VelocityCentral has another change better!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpp View Post

[Ticket ID: 420686] buy the package on Apr 28, 2013

Thanks for share

Thank you for share.i think it helpful very much

Quote Originally Posted by walls View Post
    Me.I'm Tien(cong...@gmail.com). My site is quite pretty high ranking on alexa. I have received notice refund from Velocitycentral. i am waiting money back.

Like i said James before, i will buy your hosting again if your company is better than now.

I think you should need more support or contact for customer always, a lot of companies successful by good support and respond (max waiting respond from 1 to 2 hours)

Another, that is use trial your hosting for customer(test your hosting). If test work and happy with that, they will continue use your hosting and pay for that!

Hope VelocityCentral has another change better!
    Your issue was that our Houston network blocks traffic in Vietnam and so your site was not accessible. There was nothing wrong with the service. We offered to move your account to a new server, but in the end, you chose a refund, which was issued. If you did not receive it or cannot find it, just open a ticket, I'll be happy to take a look for you.

Re: Lack of reply

Wow I personally believe 48-14 he tried your service and as like many others you failed to provide a good service / support. One provider I won't be recommending.

Quote Originally Posted by ************ View Post
    Wow I personally believe 48-14 he tried your service and as like many others you failed to provide a good service / support. One provider I won't be recommending.
    I think that is a little unfair. You don't know the entire sotry nor have you tried our services. To make a fair recommendation of a service, you truly have to try it yourself.

Let's say one of your friends goes to a new restaurant and decides he or she doesn't like the food and feels the service wasn't up to par. Would you seriously go round recommending to others that it wasn't good, even though you don't have a personal opinion on it?

I apologize that 48-14 and several others have had a bad experience lately. The issues with 48-14 were purely our fault, we admit that. The issues with others were due to restrictions on the ISP side, not being able to access the server in their country, hardly something we can be blamed for.

In fact, I stand by my company and it's decisions and mistakes and work hard to better it.

I will even give you a free trial to warrant that our services are top quality and support is at a very high standard.

The events of 48-14 and others are unfortunate and timing couldn't be worse, but this happens.

We are not going anywhere, we are not giving up and we learn from our mistakes.

Anybody reading this want's a free trial of our services, contact me personally via support ticket at www.velocitycentral.net and I will set something up for you.

I am proud of my company and 100% stand by everything.

Also, if anybody is reading this and gets a recommendation not to ry something whether it by hosting, food, a car, a new phone - don't listen. Make your own judgment and never judge a book by it's cover. People have got into a lot of trouble over the he said she said game, so always speak first hand.

Refund Money
    My Liberty Reserve account number: U4527366 (HotNet1)

Order Number: 5036955521
    L-VPS3 - (05/04/2013 - 06/03/2013)$34.99 USD
    Bandwidth & Port Speed: Not Required
    Additional RAM: None
    Additional Disk Space: None
    Promotional Code: WHT15 - $15.00 USD Price Override Recurring Discount $-19.99 USD
    Addon: cPanel / WHM for VPS (05/04/2013 - 06/03/2013) $15.00 USD
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Total: $30.00 USD
    payment method : Liberty Reserve
    Transaction #: 142622325

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in my response.
    I see that your are from Iran, unfortunately, the US has sanctions in place preventing any US business providing services or trading with anybody in Iran.
    I am afraid that unless you have an alternative location, or friend that can provide you with some help, we will be forced to cancel and refund your order.
    I do apologize, this is something that the US government has in place, and if we get caught, a fine of $10,000 and our trading license will be takn away.
    Sorry.
    Best Regards
    James Grunshaw
    Velocity Central Administrator

Hello,
    I am a VelocityCentral customer too and their support is poor. I wait 3-4 days to reply to my ticket, I am not saying it how long takes to solve problems, only for reply!
    Now i have a issue with cPanel license which not working (has expired and thay do not extend it) and this is not the first time, every month and i do not know how many times happens each month!
    They not respond to my Ticket ID: #610126

Do not care about their customers! I'm disappointed!

I think VelocityCentral is a scam.

I have complete access to my services ...
    Need a Website?
    Looking to expand your business to the web?
    Advertise your business on our websites!
    PM me for more details!

Quote Originally Posted by HotNet1 View Post
    I think VelocityCentral is a scam.
    Given their explanation, did they at least give your money back? Can you confirm or so?

Quote Originally Posted by ddings View Post
    I have complete access to my services ...
    ...and hopefully you will use that full access, get your files and move.

If we see you complaining about this host down the road, no one is going to take it seriously.

Arrow

...and hopefully you will use that full access, get your files and move.

If we see you complaining about this host down the road, no one is going to take it seriously.
    Yes, his money was refunded through Liberty reserve to the account number he specified.

We are not a scam - it is very simple. We are not allowed to do business with Iran. This customer was from Iran. He was immediately informed of the situation and refunded.

Yes, his money was refunded through Liberty reserve to the account number he specified.

We are not a scam - it is very simple. We are not allowed to do business with Iran. This customer was from Iran. He was immediately informed of the situation and refunded.
    Refund became.

Order Date : 05/04/2013 11:49
    Refund Date : 05/15/2013 19:00

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234