Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Question Domain Whois ID Theft

Need serious help people, someone stole my whois info and registered a domain, This I found out when I accedently looked up the whois for that domain and the guy is using my email also.

What to do with this people experts, need serious advice.

Thanks in advance!

So it is a .info domain?
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Used your email? Wouldn't that mean you have control?

Yes its an info domain, does it mean anything? nameslave

Yes bear I was thinking of that too any more suggestions people please.

I do not want to stole it but thinking of reporting it!

Contact the registrar, and explain the issue. It could be a mistake on thier part.

and you have a .com of the same name with eNom?
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Whois info leads me to:

Sponsoring Registrar: R280-LRMS

which leads to :

www.sipence.com

Any suggestions?

Yes, they have been registering "free" .info for registrants who have the .com of the same name at eNom but without their permission.

thanks nameslave but what do you think is the appropriate action?

I would suggest complaining to ICANN. They are clearly violating individual registrants' rights, and more seriously, open the latter to potential liability issues.

I think ID protecting is crucial nowadays.
    I would rather call them (domain spammers!)

I'll rather fax ICANN about this issue.

this is eNom's doing it i think vi athis sipence.com

around 200+ domains i've noticed myself for me and my customers

wierd
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Same happened to me, but the domains haven't showed up in my account?

Originally posted by Bashar
    this is eNom's doing it i think vi athis sipence.com

around 200+ domains i've noticed myself for me and my customers

wierd
    I noticed the same thing. Who gave enom the authority to do this? This seems a little sleezy to me
    Domain Maven

Re: Domain Whois ID Theft

Originally posted by jackel
    Need serious help people, someone stole my whois info and registered a domain, This I found out when I accedently looked up the whois for that domain and the guy is using my email also.

What to do with this people experts, need serious advice.

Thanks in advance!
    Since they are using your details then you are the actual owner of that domain. Congrats!!. Request "forgot password" & change the dns entry of that domain.

They finally got to my domains. 97 of them now have .info versions.
    So, do we own these, or is this some form of scam to get you to pay for something you never asked for?

Afilias (the .info registry) currently has a promotion where registrars can get free .info domains. It looks like eNom is just trying to inflate their market share. As long as we get access to the domains (for free), it doesn't really bother me.

You can see the effect this is having on eNom's numbers here: http://www.registrarstats.com/

Originally posted by ajaspers
    Afilias (the .info registry) currently has a promotion where registrars can get free .info domains. It looks like eNom is just trying to inflate their market share. As long as we get access to the domains (for free), it doesn't really bother me.

You can see the effect this is having on eNom's numbers here: http://www.registrarstats.com/
    The fact that enom did not advise any of their resellers of this move makes me really start thinking twice of staying with them. I am sure opensrs does not do this.
    Domain Maven

I agree, they should have given resellers the ability to opt-out.

Seems like a desperate move on enoms part
    Domain Maven

haha guys, this is unbelieavable. after hearing enom is giving refunds to etps I was actually considering them.. but not with stunts like this...

Not nearly as bad as GD when they sit back and watch your domain get stolen and do nothing. Or when they tell you to transfer your domain away from them when a person on your mailing list complained to GD and then the person remembered that they signed up for the list but GD doesn't care.

I just checked some of my customers and see this has happened to me also. I don't think it is right and will complain.

around 600,000 domains and counting

tomorrow's numbers at webhosting.info gonna increase like hell!
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

I wonder if their .info "grab" is what may be causing other TLD registrations to be taking so long?

database flood

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast