hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : IX WebHosting
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

IX WebHosting

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Question

IX WebHosting

Hello all,

I'm changing hosting companies and was wondering if anyone out there has had any dealing with IX WebHosting - either good or bad. Thanks.

Craig

Sponsored Links
Old
WebHostingTalk Lover

Hi,

You might want to first try doing a search here:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=
then check http://whois.sc/ixwebhosting.com

Good luck.

We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Old
Resident Liverpool FC Fan

Re: IX WebHosting

Quote:
Originally posted by csmiller
Hello all,

I'm changing hosting companies and was wondering if anyone out there has had any dealing with IX WebHosting - either good or bad. Thanks.

Craig
They offer unlimited space. Nuff said

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

Sponsored Links
Old
Workaholic

Any site offering "Unlimited" space or "Unlimited" Bandwidth is not worth dealing with. Don't get burned, pick a different host.

Brendan Diaz
Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Old
Community Guide

I won't even say what I experienced with their "Sales Support". It's enough of an indication to stay far far far away from these clowns.

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Old
Workaholic

csmiller, what are you looking for in terms of services, space and bandwidth from your host?

Also, what is your monthly budget?

With that information, the people here at WHT could help you find a better host, or at least point you in the right direction.

Brendan Diaz

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Avoid 'unlimited space/bandwidth' at ALL costs.

Old
Retired Moderator

Quote:
csmiller, what are you looking for in terms of services, space and bandwidth from your host?
That is what you need. There's no need to go overboard with things. If all you need are 20mb of space and 1Gb of data transfer that's what you should look for (plus a safe margin, of course).

Try the HostQuote feature while you're at it. It can't hurt: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php

Last edited by ldcdc; 04-13-2004 at 08:18 PM.
Old

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. Judging by Douglas's reply, Sounds like I should avoid them. Our requirements are simple. I keep a web site for a group that I belong to (18th century Reenactment group) and I am ditching superusers.net because of a sudden, total lack of communication. Up to now (4 years running), I had never had a problem with them.

We need between 50 and 100M of disk space (plenty for future expansion), not really sure just how much transfer data we need but if it is any indication the site just logged 10,000 hits in the past 4 years. We do have a fair number of pictures on the site that people can look at.

We do not sell anything nor have need of chat rooms or forums. E-mail might be nice though. Any thoughts on bandwith?

Craig

PS - tried to post my URL but I haven't made enough posts to do so.

Old
Retired Moderator

It seems to me that traffic is low. My guess is that a few gigs (3 or 4 just to be sure) of data transfer should be enough. Don't you have some account usage statistics? I read at www.superusers.net that the your control panel should feature: "Disk usage report. Current month's bandwidth usage report." So login in the control panel and get this bit of info.

Email comes with 99.9% of hosting packages. How many email addresses is a different issue, but email is usually available, as I said.

Old
Community Guide

I have shared my discussion with their sales department with two people, one of them being Dan (the guy that posted above me). I'm a bit hesitant to post the conversation here, as I don't want to give them any more publicity than they're already getting. I will say this much: They're lying through their teeth, not just about their hosting plans, but where they're actually residing, their datacenter and a few other things...

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Old

Hi Dan,

Here are the overall stats from 11/1999 to now:

Overall Hits: 438,364 accesses, 2,333,645,435 bytes

For the week of 3/29 thru 4/4:

Item Accesses Bytes
Overall Hits 3,228 27,997,233
Home Page Accesses 16 13,538

Unique sites served: 274
Unique documents served: 372

As you can see - it isn't a well traveled web site....

As for the Control Panel - that is part of the problem I have with Superusers. I'm not much into heavy web site construction and in January I found out about their CPanel, which I never knew existed. I tried to access it and couldn't. So I wrote them and got a nice reply back. They said that they would have to move me to a new server that had CPanel on it and to contact them in a few days and they would be ready to move me. Well, 4 or 5 emails 'requesting a move' over the past 2 1/2 months, no reply and no moving to a new server. I even sent a simple question to their help desk and never got an answer (all I wanted was an online help manual). So much for their service. So I have no control panel to log into. The stats on my site are from something called wusage (I asume that Superusers places them on my site). Guess you can't tell that I'm a bit *miffed* at Superusers....

Craig

Old
Workaholic

Craig, you can find hosting for 5.00/m with a decent host that can provide you with exactly what you're looking for. If you only need around 100 MB of space, sign up for a small account with a quality provider that will offer just that. Don't pay for things you don't need, and never go with a host that claims to offer unlimited bandwidth or space.

Brendan Diaz

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
WebHosting.coop Set to Prove a Democratically-Run, Shared Web Hosting Cooperative Can Work Web Hosting News 2013-12-17 12:48:54
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – September 27, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:46
Webhosting UK Com Launches Channel Partner Program Web Hosting News 2013-03-18 12:00:12
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – January 11, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:23
Web Hosting Domain Name Webhosting.co.uk Sold for $500,000 by Sedo Web Hosting News 2012-11-09 09:51:25