Thread: Rackspace?

L.J. Guest
    How happy are you with all aspects of the service (Uptime, Support etc)
    Do you do your own DNS or do you use theirs?
    If you are hosting multiple accounts I assume you are using name-based hosting.

All feedback appreciated

Rackspace

Rack space seems to be a very good company. Prices are a bit high but ive heard good things regarding their support and service.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

I don't have any personal experience with them, but I have heard very good feedback. If money is not a factor then they come highly recommended.

I used to be with Rackspace and except for the prices, they are an EXCELLENT company. GREAT customer support...yadda...yadda...yadda....You know...I would highly recommend them.
    Life is Minimum live it Maximum.

Yep!

RackSpace is excellant, they have OC-12 connections, excellant support and more. Their prices are a bit high, but it's worth it in the long run.

I host Webmasters-Network.com (and the rest of the network sites) there.

finally found my password so i can post

yep, i have been with rackspace for 5 months nearly... support and response time is very high but comes at a cost or having higher monthly costs for a server.

I am a newbie to dedicated servers so it helps to have 24x7 live support - although i can't get use to the American accents hehe

i have upgraded my dedicated server hardware 3 times with rackspace and it's done with professionalism and speed.

the only thing i find inconvenient but a plus is that their billing is usually delayed for me so i get more time inbetween to wait for my cheques to arrive in the mail

since i run a vbulletin forum as well as other sites that are chewing 45GB/month, i maybe either upgrading my server hardware again or i might get another server elsewhere which offers more starting bandwidth (100GB+/month) cause i will be moving 2 other sites of mine to the server adding another 65GB/month in transfers
    : CentminMod.com Nginx Installer Nginx 1.25, PHP-FPM, MariaDB 10 CentOS (AlmaLinux/Rocky testing)
    : Centmin Mod Latest Beta Nginx HTTP/2 HTTPS & HTTP/3 QUIC HTTPS supports TLS 1.3 via OpenSSL 1.1.1/3.0/3.1 or BoringSSL or QuicTLS OpenSSL
    : Nginx & PHP-FPM Benchmarks: Centmin Mod vs EasyEngine vs Webinoly vs VestaCP vs OneInStack

Exclamation eva2000.com !!!!!!

please post the URLs of these bandwidth chewers here !!!!! would like to check them out !!!!!

don't complain... some guys would spend an arm and a leg hoping that their sites are as popular too !!!!!

congrats !!!!!

Learner

Re: eva2000.com !!!!!!

Originally posted by Learner
    please post the URLs of these bandwidth chewers here !!!!! would like to check them out !!!!!

don't complain... some guys would spend an arm and a leg hoping that their sites are as popular too !!!!!

congrats !!!!!

Learner
    hehe okay here's the 2 main culprits

on the dedicated server
    http://animeboards.net/forums/index.php
    - 16 - 22k/day pageviews (a vbulletin btw ), is both a bandwidth chewer and memory chewer at 1.3+ GB/day transfers - highest day usage was 4.5GB !!!! - just restarted my server again since it was overloaded

the dedicated server hosts 32 of my domains sites in development and some just starting.

on a virtual host moving to a dedicated server
    http://www.eva2000.com
    - 20 - 25k/day pageviews - 1.2 - 1.6GB/day and i am on the old Simplenet unlimited plan ... but i can tell the server i am on is getting loaded so need to move the site which is about 2000 html pages in size