Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    spiritwarrior

What on earth are you talking about? Maybe your sites were resource hogs I have never had a auto reply from there system they send you a email to say the call has been logged but then Adam or one of the other guys reply's.

I would love to get Adams take on this

That's my personal and documented experience. VPS from what I read and told is supposed to be better than a shared hosting account. And I've never experienced this with HG reseller shared account.

Care to share some of this documented experience with everyone else?

I will share in due time. But from my understanding of what I've been told by tech support VPS is not any better from shared hosting. I'm no techie but that left a bad taste in my opinion. Now, all of my money sites are in limbo, account suspended and old host cancelled.

spiritwarrior... You might be staying with hostgator for a long while with out any such issues.

Are you sure your VPS has the same configurations of what your host gator's server has? Also still there are a lot of difference on performance measures and every thing. They could have installed some Litespeed or kind of web servers to enhance the server speed. Is this the same case on your VPS?

Also on a shared environment there is no limitations so your scripts are allowed to use whole resources at that instance. But thats not the same thing on your VPS. You do have some limitations on RAM. CPU and all..

You better think on them instead of starting to blame someone..

Whoa whoa, Jeffmonte, you got that mixed up, Shared environments (Like hostgator's shared plans, reseller) have limits on file upload sizes, memory limits, Mysql connections, ect. On a VPS your just limited by RAM, I/O and CPU, You can remove the limits of file upload sizes, memory limits, ect. From what i heard from people that used hostgator, is that they are even more crazier on CPU usage then any VPS provider.

Also to all my issues/feedback/whatever you'd like to call it, We still have the same issue haha, But Adam's been very helpful and looking deeply in what's wrong with it, Moving it to another node, to a test node, ect. (Still rate support 10/10)

spiritwarrior

Basically I find what your saying absolute rubbish, your blaming a company with a perfect track record because your scripts are so CPU intensive you are affecting other clients experiences on the node? Have you even tried optimizing your scripts and or server? Not only this but your trying to say they worked fine on HG, have you asked HG what kind of setups they were using, what special tweaks, software and whatnot they use?

Why badmouth a company that has done nothing wrong then provide you with quality service like many of us here at WHT.

Alex I was bit misleading, but wanted to explain what LoyalTy told

Penicillin,
    I had no idea about R1Soft, I will start using it after my VPS is back online
    Just FYI you cant run R1Soft standalone on a OpenVZ platform
    because OpenVZ is software virtualized. you need a dedicated server,XEN,VMware,KVM,or any other platform that is hardware virtualized

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Dave View Post
    I have done business with them. They are excellent. Very active host.
    Have you actually hosted with them? If so, what domain do/did you have with them?

I am looking for a second VPS, my first one is with wiredtree and no problems so far... very good service and support so far.

I think I will get a second VPS with Vpslatch to diversify a bit my sites.

I asked them recently, and they offer me a good deal, so I hope they can keep it when I order the VPS, in the beginning of December.

I had for 2 or 3 months capehosting.net among others.
    CapeWP.com
    CapeWP.com - WordPress for all of us

Quote Originally Posted by BloggerDude View Post
    I am looking for a second VPS, my first one is with wiredtree and no problems so far... very good service and support so far.

I think I will get a second VPS with Vpslatch to diversify a bit my sites.

I asked them recently, and they offer me a good deal, so I hope they can keep it when I order the VPS, in the beginning of December.
    If you have any more questions please get in touch!

Look forward to having you aboard!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123