Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VL-Adam View Post
    Hey there,

Yes I do understand where you're coming from, however insecure PHP scripts most likely caused this. According to your VPS logs I see some odd IPs that gained root to your VPS which doesn't appear to be yours, that could either be insecure PHP scripts, or your computer had some sort of keylog or malware.

Also, I see that you have not requested hardening for your VPS. As a result no firewall or any security measures were installed, because you never requested that in a support ticket.

Your VPS is still being restored from our R1soft backups, R1soft restores file by file so depending on how big your VPS is, it may take a while. We take offsite backups out of our own good faith.

Thank you for your understanding and have a great Thanksgiving.

Thanks,
    Adam.
    Hi Adam,
    I do understand, you have a good support, really, and I appreciate your hard working.
    But you know I have important files and data in VPS, if I lose them, it would be a big issue for me.
    And you didn't tell me about my data status.

Quote Originally Posted by Penicillin View Post
    Hi Adam,
    I do understand, you have a good support, really, and I appreciate your hard working.
    But you know I have important files and data in VPS, if I lose them, it would be a big issue for me.
    And you didn't tell me about my data status.
    I 110% understand where you are coming from! However you can be rest assured with the peace of mind that your data is secured and stored in our offsite R1soft backup nodes, the files are there, its just taking time to be restored, since R1soft restores file by file.

I 110% understand where you are coming from! However you can be rest assured with the peace of mind that your data is secured and stored in our offsite R1soft backup nodes, the files are there, its just taking time to be restored, since R1soft restores file by file.
    Sounds great, in that case, I can wait for few days.
    I had to route my domain to another server temporarily so I can receive messages from webmaster email address and so I can make a maintenance page for my clients.

Sounds great, in that case, I can wait for few days.
    I had to route my domain to another server temporarily so I can receive messages from webmaster email address and so I can make a maintenance page for my clients.
    Excellent, I think the R1soft restore is almost done. I will keep you posted in your ticket. Thanks for your continued loyalty and trust.

Excellent, I think the R1soft restore is almost done. I will keep you posted in your ticket. Thanks for your continued loyalty and trust.
    Adam, can you install a firewall for my VPS?

I think this is what the ticketing system is for buddy.

They have a billing system called WHMCS, where you can open support tickets and they will answer within 25 mins. use that

Thank you for not using WHT as support
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn

I will, but after my VPS is back online.
    I don't want submit many tickets, because I submitted two for my VPS being down and backing up my files

Why do you expect VPSLatch to keep your backup? Shouldnt you backup your own files?

Quote Originally Posted by fancypocket View Post
    Why do you expect VPSLatch to keep your backup? Shouldnt you backup your own files?
    I can't take backup for my databases every day, they are a little big.
    I have a backup for my files but I don't have latest backup for my databases.

If your data is important to you, get an offside backup.

But you are paying for that private backup right?
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn

If your data is important to you, get an offside backup.
    I do, but I have an old database.
    I have vB forum, so my database data is updating every second.

Quote Originally Posted by Deroba View Post
    But you are paying for that private backup right?
    No I don't have private backup.
    I backup my files manually.

VPSLatch has decent support. But Our VPS keeps going down and the same guy replys to the ticket with almost the same reply everytime "I will check this and update you." And we see nothing changed. He booted our VPS for us, and solusVM said we had 7 GB's of RAM (Eh?) so i waited like 10 minutes and it finally went down in RAM, so i went to check it and it wouldn't load, so i replyied in the ticket saying we couldn't access it or SSH. after 15 minutes of no reply i went to solusVM and used the console instead and i had to stop iptables just and start lfd because it blocked all connections. It was finally up and working perfectly, and then i get a reply back saying the same thing he says "I will check this and update you." and the VPS goes down again and won't boot. We replyied to the ticket and are now waiting for a reply (15 minutes)

Overall, Their support is amazing, But it's takes forever to get one problem solved. Uptime is great too it never went down except for this problem.

VPSLatch are great, you can't go wrong with purchasing from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex597 View Post
    VPSLatch has decent support. But Our VPS keeps going down and the same guy replys to the ticket with almost the same reply everytime "I will check this and update you." And we see nothing changed. He booted our VPS for us, and solusVM said we had 7 GB's of RAM (Eh?) so i waited like 10 minutes and it finally went down in RAM, so i went to check it and it wouldn't load, so i replyied in the ticket saying we couldn't access it or SSH. after 15 minutes of no reply i went to solusVM and used the console instead and i had to stop iptables just and start lfd because it blocked all connections. It was finally up and working perfectly, and then i get a reply back saying the same thing he says "I will check this and update you." and the VPS goes down again and won't boot. We replyied to the ticket and are now waiting for a reply (15 minutes)

Overall, Their support is amazing, But it's takes forever to get one problem solved. Uptime is great too it never went down except for this problem.
    On node Managed3 by any chance?

Penicillin,

Get R1Soft backup. If your data is important. Dont depend on your host. They try their best, but dont cry out loud when their backup failed.

Alex,

Get PlatinumServerManagement, if you cant manage your VPS.

Penicillin,

Get R1Soft backup. If your data is important. Dont depend on your host. They try their best, but dont cry out loud when their backup failed.

Alex,

I had no idea about R1Soft, I will start using it after my VPS is back online.

Penicillin,

Alex,

We can, But it's out of our control when our VPS is down and won't reboot via SolusVM.

EDIT: Yea can't control this - http://clients.vpslatch.net/announcements.php?id=11

Attention customers in node of 'managed3':

We found some RAM failing in managed3 causing kernel panics. After replacing it the issue was not rectified so we are proceeding with replacing the whole chassis. We will keep this message posted with the status of the hardware replacement, no support ticket submission is required

To find out which node you are in login SolusVM and look in the "Node" column. Only managed3 is affected.

Thank you for your continued trust, we will bring the server back online at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex597 View Post
    We can, But it's out of our control when our VPS is down and won't reboot via SolusVM.

EDIT: Yea can't control this - http://clients.vpslatch.net/announcements.php?id=11
    You're right, when VPS is down, I can't copy my backup to my PC, I just took backup for my database but I can't have it in my PC.

You're right, when VPS is down, I can't copy my backup to my PC, I just took backup for my database but I can't have it in my PC.
    Rest assured we have your data secured in our R1soft backup nodes, it will be restored and you will have all your websites online shortly.

Thanks!

Reading through some of the updates in this thread people really need to understand that VPS Latch are not the webmaster of the websites you host on there hardware they are the systems administrators for the hardware that you use to host them websites.

There is a difference between webmaster and systems administrator, it is the webmasters duty to make sure that ALL files and software hosted on the hardware VPS latch provide is kept up-to-date and it is VPS Latch job as the systems administrators to make sure that the server is managed as per your requests with kernal updates etc.

VPS Latch do a fantastic job in my opinion and when you initially sign up you are told that in order to get your server hardened and secure you will need to open a ticket which is something you as the webmaster should have done from the off.

You have a fully managed VPS. If you would like us to harden your server for you, please open up a support ticket in members area to the support department. You can also contact us for security audits, site migrations, and much more! We do not harden or secure your server by default on setup because some clients prefer to do this by themselves.

It dosent matter if you open 1 or 100 tickets VPSLatch provide that service for you - so if you have a problem get a ticket down.

Anyways it looks like Adam has a backup of your data on the R1Soft node and it is copying back so all is good.

On node Managed3 by any chance?
    Whoops didn't see this, Yes i am, and i saw the announcement, But one of your staff told me the host nodes back up, But ours isn't. He said he'll check about it.

@Back on topic.

The communication VPSLatch have with their clients via the Client Area is great though, But it took awhile to get a announcement of the problems on managed3

The sales pitch is too good to be true. But I fell for it after talking to sales extensively and now all my sites are a mess. They've suspended my account for resource usage, all of 5 days I've been with them. This has never happened when I was with Hostgator, reseller account. The only reason I transferred is because I needed more space and they have a sale going on for 100gb, 2048, ect.. I bought the best they have to offer on VPS, m2048 plan.

Tech support guarantee of response and resolution in minutes is not true. They send you automated message. BE WARY!!!

If it's too good to be true, you better investigate further. All they are interested at is SALES.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast