hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Hostgator Kudos on new branded support vids

Forum Jump

Hostgator Kudos on new branded support vids

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Intangible Asset Appraiser

Hostgator Kudos on new branded support vids

With all the bashing I've seen lately, I wanted to relay yet another value Hostgator has added to "up the bar" in the reseller market.

I've used HG reseller for my "gotta have cPanel" shared hosting plan customers, and have done so for years. Having some sort of account with a few of the major players (I like diversity, what can I say), in my experience, few take their current customers into consideration, focusing primarily on attracting new accounts or up-sales of existing customers.

One trend I notice with HG, not too much time can pass before something unexpected and cool happens. It hasn't been long since they up and doubled all reseller account specs, automatically, with no action from the client. I thought there had been a mistake, and contacted support. "Nope, no mistake, we doubled all specs for resellers". Now, maybe that's small beans to most, but any serious reseller has the whole account amortized, knowing exactly what profit is made from X amount of space, bw, etc. So, when your specs are doubled, that means you get to immediately A) double your profit margin, or B) double your original plan offering specs, or a nice combo of both. A win, any way you slice it.

The latest HG home-run -
HG has had a fine collection of tutorial videos for just about everything under the sun they offer, or that you may need to know (how to transfer domains from register X, how to set DNS at register X, etc).
Now, any HG reseller can log into their WHM account, and with a couple of clicks, create their own *branded* collection of tutorial videos, with or without voice narration, under any unused hostname of their support domain (ie, howto.mydomain.com). Pick a template, upload your own logo, and the logo is even embedded into the beginning and end of each support video. How cool is that?? Each video also has embed code or a direct link so you can place one or more on, say, a support page you want easy "how to" access. Suuweeet.

This is and ultra cool resource you can provide to any new customer, or to quickly guide an existing client without going through the usual "click here, then there..." schpill. It saves loads of typing out "how-tos" under your own support site, or from having to find or create your own videos.

For me, this is yet another reason why HG is simply the best at what they do. Kudos guys! Once again, you rock it.

Sponsored Links
Old
Disabled

Good review. Could you report the domain you have with them at http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com/ ?

Old
Web Hosting Master

What is the name of the email server? What company name is included in domain renewal notices?

Sponsored Links
Old
Intangible Asset Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
Good review. Could you report the domain you have with them at http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com/ ?
I really didn't mean it to come off as a review, more of an informative piece so that resellers are aware of the value. Some may be facing decisions, some may be with the company and not have an idea this is included. But, I see where it could be taken as such.

I'll report just in case

Old
Retired Moderator

Quote:
I'll report just in case
Thank you!

I confirm that the OP has submitted a domain hosted by Hostgator for about 1.5 years now.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Cool review. HG seems a good business, and doubling all resellers must have costed them.

Old
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
What is the name of the email server? What company name is included in domain renewal notices?
If you are referring to HostGator, each server has a different name and if you got one of their free eNom accounts then it would be eNom sending the renewals.

Old
Disabled

I have been reading more and more good things about HG as of late. I really like the idea of video tutorals. Not only will it minimize support tickets to HostGator resellers, but it is also a very hands on way to provide the support.

Great job HostGator