* Provider Comparable to Softlayer?

Guys,

Are there any providers out there comparable to Softlayer? Several data centers, similar service, control panel, and offerings? Please advise.

--Gene

Related to colocation or dedicated servers?
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

related to dedicated servers.

Quote Originally Posted by gene303 View Post
    related to dedicated servers.
    In that case, I'm moving the thread from Colocation and Data Centers forum to Dedicated Server forum.

DirectorioVPS · List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting · The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!

I know Liquidweb has 3 data centers all in Michigan, I think.

Superbhosting.com, I believe, also has 3 data centers in the east & west coast.

Theplanet has got good network, but it is soon going to become softlayer itself.
    Other good provider are singlehoop, iweb, hostdime
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

Out of curiosity, is there something about softlayer that is giving you problems?
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Try peer1.
    Richard Perez | PureWeb
    Dedicated Servers - cPanel Web Hosting - cPanel Reseller Hosting
    6 Nationwide Locations. 100% Network SLA. Established in 2007. True 24/7/365 Support.
    Follow us on Twitter: @purewebtech. Network POPS in: LAX - CHI - DFW - NYC - SEA - ATL

Rackspace is pretty much comparable and they are big, but so are their prices

Quote Originally Posted by shreky View Post
    Superbhosting.com, I believe, also has 3 data centers in the east & west coast.
    They don't provide automatic reboots AFAIK. Though you can open a ticket and they usually respond to reboot requests in 15 minutes (haven't tried it myself, this is what a sales guy told me).

OP in terms of network and hardware, your best bets are:

Superb (network is good, and the hardware they use is server grade, however it's not a set list, they offer different hardware on different builds)

^ I was actually looking at moving to Superb from Softlayer.

Peer1/Serverbeach (their network is rather large, many POP's over the world etc) only four tier 1 providers though.
    From what I gather on their industry partners they use Supermicro, Dell and that's about it.

They have a pretty good network though, it's something to look at for sure.

^ Probably your next best bet. They seem pretty comparable from what I gather on their website.

Liquidweb - Can't really see from their website what hardware they use. But they have 3 bandwidth providers. And their network seems pretty good. I'd suggest contacting them for a full run-down though.

Keeping in mind that Peer1, Liquidweb, Rackspace and Hostdime are managed providers.

ThePlanet is merging into Softlayer soon enough, so their networks are probably going to be combined (I think?)

It's going to be hard to get a network as good as them. Hardware wouldn't be hard to match though.

That's about all I can add anyway, hope it's helped.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

I don't think any provider in the current market is comparable to softlayer.

The only thing that ThePlanet was able to compare with SL on was that they were both from Texas.

There is something about Softlayer that separates them from the rest of the industry and while others may try to copy them they were the first to have pretty much everything.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

Quote Originally Posted by woods01 View Post
    I don't think any provider in the current market is comparable to softlayer.
    I've been with them since nearly the day they opened and I couldn't agree more.

Their network has been rock solid. I think in 4 years, I've seen less than 10-15 minutes network downtime from a single incident where they swapped a switch out.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

Ubiquity is strong & personally I find them superior to Softlayer.