Thread: Expired domain

Hybrid View

Expired domain

Hi,
    i need to register a expired domain but how many day later can i register it because it seem to be yet register.

thanx

For most registrars, it'll be 30-45 days - each having its own schedule. But if the name you want is with Verisign or Register.com, then cross your fingers or simply check back a year later.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Sorry, but the admin of the domain can trasfer it or register it again without wait 20-45 days or he have lost the domain?

thx

Almost ALL registrars will allow the registrant to RENEW the expired domain within the 45-day grace period (or 30-40 to be save). OpenSRS/Tucows even allows registrar transfer after expiry. Again, Verisign and Register.com do things VERY differently.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Stargate.com releases the domains on the day after expiration.

Thank you for your help! The problem now is taht this guy need to trasfer the domain on my server but it is now expired so i can't trasfer it, the better solution is to renew the domain and transfer it on my server or u have another idea?

the better solution is to renew the domain and transfer it on my server or u have another idea?
    yes, that would be the best idea.

Re: Expired domain

Originally posted by dlc2000
    Hi,
    i need to register a expired domain but how many day later can i register it because it seem to be yet register.

thanx
    Best thing is to go to www.SnapNames.com and put a Snap on it around $70.

Also - please mention the registrar if you can, they all have different expireining periods.