How long does network solutions hold domains for and what is the best way to get it?

There is a domain name which is expired since November 29th, 2002. I know it's been put on hold. When will network solutions let it go? And... what is the best way to grab it when it's released? Will netsol hold onto it for a year? Or do they just hold onto it for 30 days? Im wondering, cause December 29th will be 30 days and Ive heard thats when alot of registrars release.

What is the domain name and I will check on this for you?

j/k. I indeed am pondering the answer to this question.

No way

Forget it if the domain you want is with Verisign. Unlike most other registrars, they very often hold names for more than a year, some reportedly for 2-3 years, but almost never in 45 days or less.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

put a snap on it (snapnames.com)

They have some domains on hold for over 3 years - but most slip by them.

Average drop for NetSol is 9.7871 days - I got that from a guy who checked the the root who is daily.

what is the best way to get it?
    Pray and hope for a christmas miracle.

Originally posted by DotComster
    They have some domains on hold for over 3 years - but most slip by them.

Average drop for NetSol is 9.7871 days - I got that from a guy who checked the the root who is daily.
    Do you mean month?

would snap names be the best way to go for it? I dont really care if it takes 6 months or a year, as long as networksolutions doesnt sell the name or take it for themselves. Its a pretty nice name :/

Snapnames is alot though, $70 for one name!!!!!
    Sincerely,
    - StarGhost

well I just checked and someone else already backordered it thru snap names. Same with expirefish... :/ What other places can I register is trhough?
    Sincerely,
    - StarGhost

how to u see if someone already backorderd a domain with snapnames?

Originally posted by iWebbers.com

Do you mean month?
    nope - the number is correct, but like you I also doubted it - but I checked and it's exact.

Originally posted by sponk
    I don't know for sure but if I'ld have to make a wild guess then I think they only can accept one client for one domain name. So if you go to them and try to sign up for "snapping" that name and someone else already payed them to do the same you'll get a "sorry we cannot help you with that" message.

Thus... you know.
    Ofcourse I could be profoundly wrong once again.

I find that very hard to believe, but it could be possible, i know that they definitely hold onto the good names for a long time.
    Snapnames is alot though, $70 for one name!!!!!
    When some person gets it and then puts it up for sale for some ridiculous price, you wont think $69 is a lot.
    Just type the domain name you are after, and if there is a red box with a cross in it, in the second column titled "BackOrder Snap-Back $69 per" than someone has placed a snapback on the domain. Personally I dont think the term "backordered" is correct, because they dont have a 100% success rate, in fact, it is sometimes far from it.

Originally posted by StarGhost
    well I just checked and someone else already backordered it thru snap names. Same with expirefish... :/ What other places can I register is trhough?
    Try www.domain-watcher.com - its a notify-only service, just checked and costs $15 for 2 domains.

C.

Try www.domain-watcher.com - its a notify-only service, just checked and costs $15 for 2 domains.
    A notify only service would be absolutely useless if someone already has a snapback on the domain.