hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : Expired domain

Forum Jump

Expired domain

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2002, 07:55 PM
Web Hosting Master

Expired domain

Hi,
i need to register a expired domain but how many day later can i register it because it seem to be yet register.

thanx

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2002, 08:12 PM
Multimedia Messenger #McLuhan

For most registrars, it'll be 30-45 days - each having its own schedule. But if the name you want is with Verisign or Register.com, then cross your fingers or simply check back a year later.

Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism in his #multimedia portfolio. His early works include an experimental adaptation of Chekhov’s Cherry Orchard inspired at least partly by Robert Fripp. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management.

Old 12-28-2002, 08:17 PM
Web Hosting Master

Sorry, but the admin of the domain can trasfer it or register it again without wait 20-45 days or he have lost the domain?

thx

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2002, 08:22 PM
Multimedia Messenger #McLuhan

Almost ALL registrars will allow the registrant to RENEW the expired domain within the 45-day grace period (or 30-40 to be save). OpenSRS/Tucows even allows registrar transfer after expiry. Again, Verisign and Register.com do things VERY differently.

Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism in his #multimedia portfolio. His early works include an experimental adaptation of Chekhov’s Cherry Orchard inspired at least partly by Robert Fripp. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management.

Old 12-28-2002, 08:27 PM
Web Hosting Master

Stargate.com releases the domains on the day after expiration.

Old 12-28-2002, 08:27 PM
Web Hosting Master

Thank you for your help! The problem now is taht this guy need to trasfer the domain on my server but it is now expired so i can't trasfer it, the better solution is to renew the domain and transfer it on my server or u have another idea?

Old 12-28-2002, 09:03 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
the better solution is to renew the domain and transfer it on my server or u have another idea?
yes, that would be the best idea.

Old 12-29-2002, 07:14 PM
Web Hosting Master

Re: Expired domain

Quote:
Originally posted by dlc2000
Hi,
i need to register a expired domain but how many day later can i register it because it seem to be yet register.

thanx
Best thing is to go to www.SnapNames.com and put a Snap on it around $70.

Also - please mention the registrar if you can, they all have different expireining periods.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
UK Police Continue Crackdown on Pirated Content with Torrentz.eu Domain Name Suspension Web Hosting News 2014-05-26 12:30:38
Go Daddy Helps Microsoft Gain Market Share in Netcraft Web Server Survey Web Hosting News 2013-03-04 16:04:43
Windows Azure SSL Slip-up Brings SSL Checker Tools Business Blog 2013-02-26 12:25:08
Expired SSL Certificate Brings Down Windows Azure Cloud Web Hosting News 2013-02-25 10:38:00
Go Daddy Blocks Whois Info on Expiring Domains, Protects Domain Auction Business Web Hosting News 2012-11-14 11:20:35