Looking to switch away from Dreamhost

So I'm currently in search of a new shared web host, and need some suggestions.

Here are what I'm looking for:
    1) I'd say around 50GB of storage and 500GB of bandwidth would be good enough for what I have now.
    2) Allows a good number of add-on domains (I'd say greater than 10) and sub-domains.
    3) Allows a good number of email accounts and preferably no limit on forward-only emails. Also, preferably no limit on mailbox sizes (aside from the main storage limit).
    4) Allows a good number of sql databases (I'd say at least the number of allowed add-on domains).
    5) SSH access.
    6) More than 1 FTP account.
    7) Preferably less than $10 USD per month, on a yearly basis.

The most important thing is that it's fast and reliable. I don't expect the performance of a dedicated server, of course. And I don't need those "unlimited" hosts. I'm just looking for the best option that fits my requirements, whether it's "unlimited" or not.

Any suggestions appreciated.

You could get a decent unmanaged vps for $10 USD per month. I suggest you increase your budget a little and use a provider like IntoVPS.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Sure a VPS would be better, but I'm not too comfortable with installing and configuring everything myself, so I'm not gonna consider it for now. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

SimplexWebs were excellent for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
    So I'm currently in search of a new shared web host, and need some suggestions.

Here are what I'm looking for:
    1) I'd say around 50GB of storage and 500GB of bandwidth would be good enough for what I have now.
    That would be some big shared-hosting account; appart from hosts which oversell i would not give you a chance to find this for the amount of money you expect this for, especially not with the quality trades you where looking for.

2) Allows a good number of add-on domains (I'd say greater than 10) and sub-domains.
    3) Allows a good number of email accounts and preferably no limit on forward-only emails. Also, preferably no limit on mailbox sizes (aside from the main storage limit).
    4) Allows a good number of sql databases (I'd say at least the number of allowed add-on domains).
    Most hosts don't make a big problem about this; as long you stay within your main limits.
    5) SSH access.
    This is a lot harder to find, you may find some jailed shell solutions, but hosts rarely give out full ssh access on shared-hosting services.
    6) More than 1 FTP account.
    On cPanel hosts there is even 1 FTP account needed per addon domain; so this would be automatically assigned to you if they offer the addon domains.
    7) Preferably less than $10 USD per month, on a yearly basis.
    As said earlier; $10 and fast/reliable don't go together; especially not with the amount of diskspace and bandwidth you are asking for.

The most important thing is that it's fast and reliable. I don't expect the performance of a dedicated server, of course. And I don't need those "unlimited" hosts. I'm just looking for the best option that fits my requirements, whether it's "unlimited" or not.
    IMHO you are looking for the unlimited hosts; because those who limit will not be able to offer 50GB and 500GB bandwidth for just $10 a month.

I would personally recommend a VPS server instead of shared hosting. When it comes to 50 GB disk space and 500 GB bandwidth, a VPS server would be the best choice. Also considering the SSH access.

Yes, you could find a VPS for around $10 a month, but if you will require cPanel, it would be around an additional $15 a month for cPanel license.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

Well, I'm fine with paying a little more if needed, and I can make do with less bandwidth. I'm not looking for top notch performance, I just want a stable server with constant speeds, and that the speed is not too shabby. I've tried a few unlimited hosts, but they all tend to be relatively unstable, especially Dreamhost.

That's the nature of the beast with shared hosting. We've used it for everything for over 10 years and have been around most of the main providers and they all suffer the same issues/problems at some point or other.

I feel your pain with regards to Dreamhost as that is where we are in the process of moving from. They seem to have gone from a good reliable provider to endless problems and issues in the past few months.