hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Good UK Host wanted

Forum Jump

Good UK Host wanted

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2000, 08:56 AM
facilitator

Talking

Can anyone recommend a Good UK Host, one where I can move my entire site to.

Any help will be appreciated.

Noel

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2000, 06:52 PM
Junior Guru

Question

How much do u want to spend? How much space do u need? What technologies do u need? How busy is your site?

Unless u need hands on access to the server, u would find a more cost effective solution hosted in the states (due to the sheer number of host's there).

Old 04-16-2000, 08:42 AM

Thanks for your reply. Have a look at the site yourself. People tell me it is impossibly slow. Yes I need to be able to change file and upload new pages from my PC.

The site is currently hosted by a Free Host (Value Web).

I don't mind paying but not too much.

Regards

Noel

Quote:
Originally posted by triumph595:
How much do u want to spend? How much space do u need? What technologies do u need? How busy is your site?

Unless u need hands on access to the server, u would find a more cost effective solution hosted in the states (due to the sheer number of host's there).

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2000, 08:44 AM

By the way, the site is: www.spainproperty.net

Noel

Quote:

Old 04-16-2000, 09:14 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hiyaz, Ive looked at your site and i think i could host the site for you. Check out http://www.fthosting.co.uk we are uk based and offer cheap prices.

Old 04-16-2000, 02:16 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I have had a look at your site and will come back to you when things are, as you put it, 100%.

Regards

Noel

Quote:
Originally posted by fthosting:
Hiyaz, Ive looked at your site and i think i could host the site for you. Check out http://www.fthosting.co.uk we are uk based and offer cheap prices.

Old 04-16-2000, 03:30 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hiya again i hope you get back to us when we are fully operational again. All we are waiting on now is for the mysql databases to be sorted out and we are up and running properly.

------------------
Signing off for now Eddie

Old 04-17-2000, 07:39 AM
Junior Guru

Had a look at the site (see what you mean about valueweb being slow!). Looks like just plain HTML pages at the moment, so you can literally take your pick. If that's the case, I've used Demon in the past (comes free with the dial up account, and they are pretty quick). If you want to expand, db on the back and stuff, then I'm not sure who to recommend in the UK, but I've used InterLand in the states before, and they were OK.

By the way, quick tip: take all the spaces out of your files and directories. e.g. "what clients say" should be "whatclientssay" in the actual directory, otherwise you are going to have some trouble with some browsers.

Old 04-22-2000, 12:58 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

If you are still on the luck out for a decent uk based webhost check out http://www.webdesign.co.uk. They have a good of uk webhosts.

Old 04-22-2000, 04:35 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by facilitator:
Thanks for your reply. Have a look at the site yourself. People tell me it is impossibly slow. Yes I need to be able to change file and upload new pages from my PC.

The site is currently hosted by a Free Host (Value Web).

Wow. That is pretty slow - though I think I would make the distinction that your "Value Web" (namesdirect.com) is not the same US-based Value Web, which is much better, speed-wise.

I don't know any UK-based hosts other than the ones mentioned already, sad to say....

Old 04-22-2000, 05:21 PM

Years back I used to use lochnet.co.uk, from what I can remember they we're quite good.

Old 04-23-2000, 09:18 PM
Nukem

can you be in the US and still get hosted by a UK host ?

Old 04-24-2000, 09:04 AM

Yes, of course. Why not?

I'm in the UK and hosted by a US company.

Old 04-27-2000, 04:52 PM

Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Noel

Quote:
Had a look at the site (see what you mean about valueweb being slow!). Looks like just plain HTML pages at the moment, so you can literally take your pick. If that's the case, I've used Demon in the past (comes free with the dial up account, and they are pretty quick). If you want to expand, db on the back and stuff, then I'm not sure who to recommend in the UK, but I've used InterLand in the states before, and they were OK.

By the way, quick tip: take all the spaces out of your files and directories. e.g. "what clients say" should be "whatclientssay" in the actual directory, otherwise you are going to have some trouble with some browsers.

Old 04-27-2000, 04:56 PM

Thanks for your advice. I do appreciate it.

regards

Noel

Quote:
Originally posted by fthosting:
If you are still on the luck out for a decent uk based webhost check out http://www.webdesign.co.uk. They have a good of uk webhosts.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Gandi to Provide Free Hosting to #hackforgood Winners Web Hosting News 2014-02-07 15:53:46
MongoHQ Launches New Security Features, Open Sources Startup Security Handbook Web Hosting News 2014-01-30 12:22:00
RapidSwitch Helps Customer Host ‘Gaming For Good’ Charity Website Web Hosting News 2013-11-04 15:10:21
GoDaddy Acquires Invoicing Tool Ronin Web Hosting News 2013-10-02 12:22:52
Canadian Web Host iWeb Launches Managed OpenStack Cloud Web Hosting News 2013-05-16 11:43:42