Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Beste alternative to cPanel

I have used Plesk for a year and switched to cPanel 6 years ago. 6 years of cPanel made me a fan and an ambassador. I advised it to everyone.

After 6 years of cPanel I am pretty pissed-of at cPanel for not updating their included 3rd party software. Munin is 5 years old, Horde webmail is 2.5 years old and so on.

To me software years are like dog-years. So including 5 year old software within cPanel to me is like including Windows XP SP1 + IE6 with your brand new quad-core computer.

An although for the last 16 months cPanel keeps on saying they will update their software soon. I believe we have a different perception of time!

So I am looking at moving my servers and that of clients to a new platform.

Directadmin seems to be too basic.
    Plesk seems like an option

I have looked at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...control_panels and am not sure what to choose. Is there another hosting panel that you would recommend as a replacement of cPanel?
    Last edited by Johnburk; 10-14-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    Just imagine, if the world was like an online community. Where people help each other, just because they can.

If you trust me, there is no better alternative to Cpanel. Plesk sucks and others are not good either.
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

DirectAdmin is better than cPanel in every possible way.

Hi,

I think Direct Admin.

Regards,
    Bobby
    WebbyCart.com - Pushing Onwards
    Server Management | Outsourced Hosting Support | Remote / Offsite Rsync Backup | Fully Managed Servers & Cloud VPS
    sales@webbycart.com

Quote Originally Posted by prashant1979 View Post
    If you trust me, there is no better alternative to Cpanel. Plesk sucks and others are not good either.
    I am afraid that is true, which to me is kinda sad for the whole webhosting industry.

cPanel can be so much better if there just put a team on it that checks software updates every month and updates them within 3 months. There is no problem in having 3 month old software. It is actually good, because it give time for bug-fixes, but having 5 year old software is a joke.
    Just imagine, if the world was like an online community. Where people help each other, just because they can.

Yeah..an alternative that can replace cPanel, would be tough. I ve used DirectAdmin, Plesk, Webmin and HyperVM. I would say best is cPanel and then comes Webmin. I am choosing Webmin, since its not having any license and has got all options, though not that as friendly as cPanel.

Its high time for cPanel to update their softwares and make more improvements. There are also many bugs to fix.
    For any OneTime job like installation, configuring software, optimizing etc on linux servers..you can contact me!
    Email: sysdm4@gmail.com

I'd go for DA all the way if you are looking for an alternative.

Also, Windows XP rocks and kicks ass. IE still sucks, any version.
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn

Plesk, DirectAdmin are the only POPULAR alternatives
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

Directadmin will be a good choice of alternative to cPanel.
    XSserver.Eu
    High Quality EU Windows vps, Linux vps & Dedicated Severs
    sales@xsserver.eu | +31.207084082

Direct Admin and kloxo (not sure about bugs in kloxo) but it has almost all the features of cpanel/DA.

Did not know about kloxo

I was using cPanel. Now I am using Kloxo. So far have not missed not having cPanel.

I'm not sure if it meets all your needs, but sometimes I use vDeck. It's similar to cPanel and very easy to use, I've had no problems with it at all.

http://vdeck.com/
    www.EasiestWebHosting.com - Keep it Simple.
    ● Web Hosting Should Be Easy! No technical jargon, no problems, no frustration.
    ● Low-cost high-quality shared hosting packages, optimized for small projects and WordPress blogs.

I've used almost all of the panels out there numerous times. If you take my word for it, then selling hosting (shared, reseller, etc) on another platform other than cPanel is close to impossible - this of course, if you don't have the money for a custom panel such as the 'big players'. Your clients will just get fed up, because people are simply too used to cPanel.

For my personal use, I've used Kloxo/LXAdmin for years now and it's awesome! DirectAdmin seems clunky and bloated - even though it's not, that's just my feel over the general panel navigation.
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

Directadmin is the best alternative for the cPanel. But I personally like cPanel the most.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Quote Originally Posted by HostingFuze View Post
    For my personal use, I've used Kloxo/LXAdmin for years now and it's awesome! DirectAdmin seems clunky and bloated - even though it's not, that's just my feel over the general panel navigation.
    I use Kloxo,too, so how about getting more people to get used to using Kloxo until they don't feel right if a webhost doesn't have Kloxo installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik S View Post
    I'm not sure if it meets all your needs, but sometimes I use vDeck. It's similar to cPanel and very easy to use, I've had no problems with it at all.

http://vdeck.com/
    The website link above has no info on how to get it, what it costs. Where can I find out what os's it runs on,etc??

Thanks!

UPDATE: Never Mind. Found out its a private panel.
    Last edited by WebGuyz; 10-16-2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan View Post
    I use Kloxo,too, so how about getting more people to get used to using Kloxo until they don't feel right if a webhost doesn't have Kloxo installed?
    But how? This is ideal but realistically impossible. Kloxo is free, been through some past neglect and issues (bugs/LxLabs & Ligesh) & quite a long history story honestly. To get people to become comfortable with such a company & panel would be hard as cPanel really hasn't done anything to lose people's trust.
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

well feature wise there are several options that can be compared to cpanel, but when you compare with interface, i find cpanel the best.

Kloxo does not look trustworthy and the demo link seems to be dead.

The lack of true competition makes cPanel the best in the market.

Directadmin is good .
    24x7 PROACTIVE SERVER MANAGEMENT | OUTSOURCED WEB HOSTING SUPPORT
    Sales : sales @ syslint.com | Call us : (+91)9447607799 | Are you looking for DevOps Admins ?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnburk View Post
    Kloxo does not look trustworthy and the demo link seems to be dead.

The lack of true competition makes cPanel the best in the market.
    Your post does not look trustworthy and your internet connection seems to be dead.

I have logged on to the Kloxo website nearly everyday and I have installed Kloxo many times on my unmanaged vpses. And with each successful installation, I begin to wonder more and more why I was paying to use cPanel before.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan View Post
    Your post does not look trustworthy and your internet connection seems to be dead.

I have logged on to the Kloxo website nearly everyday and I have installed Kloxo many times on my unmanaged vpses. And with each successful installation, I begin to wonder more and more why I was paying to use cPanel before.
    http://demo.kloxo.com:7778/ does not seem to work for me. I have tried it over 6x in the last 2 days, from 2 different locations. So when the demo does not work, I find it less trustworthy looking. An when links don't work, they are called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_link

Quote Originally Posted by Johnburk View Post
    http://demo.kloxo.com:7778/ does not seem to work for me. I have tried it over 6x in the last 2 days, from 2 different locations. So when the demo does not work, I find it less trustworthy looking. An when links don't work, they are called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_link
    You are right. I apologise. Please remain where you are at cPanel while I continue to save money by using Kloxo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast