Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As mentioned, I am running two different configurations for our "skunk works project".

7" Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android 3.2.2) $300.00
    Serialio Scanfob 2002 Infrared Scanner $300.00

-> Battery life on the tablet is right at 9.0hrs with the bluetooth (for the scanner) and wi-fi radios on. Our WMS is accessible through a standard web-browser. Users are encouraged to use the Skype app for contacting me or each other, take pictures of questionable items or problems. Also have a standard gmail account that each tablet logs into so we can send out blanket emails. Mounted to our cherry pickers and packing benches with heavy duty velcro. Been in service for 1 month now. Cons = scanners are very light sensitive and require some getting used to for the optimal angle for bar code capture.

7" Motorola ET-1 Tablet (Android 2.3.4) $1100.00
    Infrared Bar-Code Reader (Corded/USB) $115.00

This unit has only been in test for a week now. Battery life is excellent lasting in excess of 10 hours. IT loves the platform because of the administrative functions that can be handled. Running skype app and email on this tablet as well. Mounted to Cherry Pickers with Velcro (2" all weather industrial)

So far we have had no problems with any of these units. Looked at the android tablets because of cost - an RF gun runs us about $1800 and I can get an android tablet for under $400.00. Ipads were our for a variety of reasons. Original test unit was my personal Blackberry Playbook which worked just fine and has better battery life than the playbook but lacks functional apps like skype. We have also connected our system to an Apple Iphone and my personal Droid Bionic and those work fine as well.
      0 Not allowed!

With the Serialio Scanfob 2002 Infrared Scanner you can scan directly in the stock web browser?

I am thinking: Samsung Galaxy 4.0 Android MP3 Player - $199 | http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...2794880&sr=8-1

How is the battery life / charging the Scanfob?
    Just199.com cPanel WebHosting and VPS's
    Paidforumposting.com The #1 content provider for forums and blogs
      0 Not allowed!

I called Serial IO and ordered a Scanfob. I think I want to try that in conjunction with the Samsung to see how much mileage I get out of it.
    Just199.com cPanel WebHosting and VPS's
    Paidforumposting.com The #1 content provider for forums and blogs
      0 Not allowed!

Yes - can scan directly into the web browser with the scanfob once it is paired with the unit. Battery life is great - we only get the low battery warning on the scanfob after 9hrs of lots of scanning. I make sure they are hooked up to a computer when we leave at night and they are fully charged once we return in the morning. (They do offer a 10 bay charging station as an accessory which we will purchase if we move forward with this type of hardware).

I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with the scanfob.

We also looked at the Galaxy 4.0MP3 but found the screen to be too small for our application. For our stock pickers, fork lifts and turret trucks the 7.0" screen is perfect. For our packing areas we are looking into 10.1" tablets to replace the PC's we have deployed.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave - Just199 View Post
    With the Serialio Scanfob 2002 Infrared Scanner you can scan directly in the stock web browser?

I am thinking: Samsung Galaxy 4.0 Android MP3 Player - $199 | http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...2794880&sr=8-1

How is the battery life / charging the Scanfob?
    I think iphones can do what you are looking for ... with Bluetooth scanners.
      0 Not allowed!

6. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12