Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AnyBody knows what happens with SmokyHost

Hello,

It seems that nobody here (except me) is using SmokyHosts.com. I have a Reseller Account with them for more than 2 years.

My Reseller Account has been down since last Thursday. I submitted a few emails to them. However nobody replied all my emails. I am completely in the darkness in this issue.

Anybody knows what is going on with this hosting?

Best regards

Alex

they posted an ad today in the reseller section
    Sneaky Little Hobbitses

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue. Do you have backups of your data? Do they have a phone number? I see they have a set of forums you can post your issue there aswell. I don't know i can't even goto a few pages and then it time out on me.

Hi all,

Thanks for your information.

Then I have to try to PM to this guy.

I do not have a backup of the data. Actually most hosting belongs to my customers. Never mind, already refund to most customers.

I noticed that their forum is very clean. I know that they manage the forum very well.

Best regards

Looks like you need a new host.
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

Did you get a hold of them yet?
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

I think that here you will be able to find their representative. I think that would be really useful to get in touch with him.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestion and information.

I just noticed that Smokyhosts is now offering free hosting! I have to pay $26.99 (6 months payment) for free hosting! Everybody knows that the downtime of free hosting is always greater than uptime and without any support. Maybe they forget that I am a paid user

By the way, all customers in this Reseller Account left to-day. Therefore I don't care when it is up again now. I don't know if they are willing to refund my payment since I already full refund to my customers.

Yes, I need a new host later.

Best regards

Hi,

I PM him about 7 hours ago. I am afraid that he is too busy in doing promotion in the Ads section in the past few hours, therefore he cannot reply my PM.

Maybe they just went into smoke....Sorry couldn't resist the temptation to do the joke, the name "smokyhost" just calls for it.

More seriously, I see on their website that they offer both free and paid hosting. The fact that they are now offering free hosting does not mean the same thing is offered to paid customers as well. When you look at the package there is a clear difference as well.

Well it doesn't look like they're overselling that much. So I don't see why they'd be shutting up shop.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by AnyDemo View Post
    Hi,

I PM him about 7 hours ago. I am afraid that he is too busy in doing promotion in the Ads section in the past few hours, therefore he cannot reply my PM.
    Hi,

Did you get a hold of anyone yet?

Here is a whois on them:
    Technical Contact:
    Kaushal, Nishant http://source.domaintools.com/email....;]=transparent
    6,Pashan Greens
    Ramnagar Colony
    Pune, Maharashtra 411021
    India
    9822340953 Fax --

Try and give them a call at that number to see what is up.

Best of luck buddy.

use skype send them a fax, call, email, etc - i assume they are still around website up
    Rebel Networks
    Geek Powered Hosting - The Cloud Made Simple
    SuperHero 24 |7 | 365 Support
    Please Visit us @ www.rebelnetworks.com

Any luck yet? As soon as they get your site back up, I'd recommend that you pack your bags and take your business elsewhere
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Hello,

I tried all possible ways. I even posed my problem in their forum yesterday. To my surprise they do not remove my pose however they just pretend that nothing had happened!

There is no use to PM that guy on WHM even he is online and active in posing. He is just online to do promotion, also pretend nothing had happened.

Wow.... I ran into a black and smoky store.

Maybe I didn't read their TOS carefully. The TOS might have mentioned that server could down all the time and complaint would not be handled.

Well, it is just $26.99 + $xxx.xx customer refund. I don't want to increase my costing in this issue anymore. This is not worth wasting too much of my time.

Best regards

How did you pay them? Perhaps you can dispute the payment
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Hello,

I paid by PayPal. It should beyond the dispute date. Moreover Paypal seems terrible to me.

Actually I had another similar issue with another hosting last month, also paid by PayPal. I claimed for refund on the 6th or 7th days after payment. The hosting insisted not refund the payment after the 3rd day, and asked me to claim through PayPal. I claimed this issue to Paypal however not successful. The feedback from PayPal was something like "the seller only agree to deliver product to you, but not guarantee to deliver quality product..."

The reason is quite ridiculous. I never know that seller can use this selling term in PayPal!

Best regards

Besides, if you paid with funds from your Paypal account, hosting being a service and thus an "intangible", you don't benefit from buyer protection. The host will very likely win the dispute.

Hi,

...hosting being a service and thus an "intangible", you don't benefit from buyer protection. The host will very likely win the dispute.
    That's why the hosting asked me to ask for PayPal.

Actually I never mentioned hosting when I raised my dispute to PayPal. I just mentioned product therefore PayPal should not know that the product is "intangible". It seems that the key point is "the seller only agree to deliver product to you, but not guarantee to deliver quality product..."

However this hosting is better than SmokyHosts. They at least replied my complaint no matter the results was. How come SmokyHosts never replied my problem, pretend nothing had happened. Moreover I never heard other complaints from other people up to now. There are two possible reasons. One is that I am the ONLY customer. The other may be that they delete my Reseller Account by accident. I think this should be the first reason.

Best regards

Hello,

It's been almost 10 days. They still do not reply my emails and still pretend nothing had happened. Yes, what a great pretender!

It seems that the server has been un-pluged. Here's the server shared IP address:

I think this may be a server belong to Liquid Web Hosting.

Best regards

Hello,

It's been almost 10 days. They still do not reply my emails and still pretend nothing had happened. Yes, what a great pretender!

It seems that the server has been un-pluged. Here's the server shared IP address:

Best regards
    If that's the case you could probably contact LiquidWeb directly about picking up the payments from the server and being able to save your files. Or you could just contact them about a backup, although I am sorry to say that they will probably deny your request since you are not their customer.

Good luck on your search for a more reliable provider. Remember, quality comes at a price!

Hello,

Best regards
    Hi,

Sorry to see you had yet to get any reply!

But i have seen them post ads up for hosting so they are up but just not replying. Have you called them? You get anything voicemail?

Let us know how it ends up!

Hello,

Let us know how it ends up!
    Forget it! They just don't reply. I am afraid that they just wish to get some customers before closing the hosting forever.

Hello,

Forget it! They just don't reply. I am afraid that they just wish to get some customers before closing the hosting forever.
    Still nothing back? Can you login to you're billing area anymore? That is soo odd as if its like no one running the company? Sorry about the issues with them.

Best of luck with a new host!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdy Aric View Post
    Still nothing back? Can you login to you're billing area anymore? That is soo odd as if its like no one running the company? Sorry about the issues with them.

Best of luck with a new host!
    Seems very odd, I agree. Too many bad experiences are shared on WHT.
    Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast