Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    0

    arteryplanet down for 3 days.....

    We have a reseller account through arteryplanet.com and our clients have been down for three days now (mountainviewinternet.com; calla-house.com) I've been unable to contact anyone via support system and they have no phone numbers. I've been a client of theirs for years with no problems. Is anyone else having problems, or able to contact them to find out what the deal is?

  2. #2

    Same Problem here!!

    I have been with Artery Planet for years. My sites have been down Since Friday the 17th, nobody has responded to my Open Tickets. I even tryed a open sales Ticket. It's like they all went on Vaca without telling anyone? Anyway I can not get a hold of anyone, and I am going to lose Clients over this, I just know it! Damm Them!!! No Phone number to Call, Very frustrating!!!
    Last edited by cardoctor98; 09-21-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: misspelled words

  3. #3

    Angry

    I'm on the same boat! Something is not quite right...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    0
    no time to explain, but if your sites are up now back-up your data and get moving.

  5. #5
    I barely had enough time to back up the site today before it went down again. Thank you sir!

    On the other hand, I have no way of moving the domain to another host as it is not showing up in the Domains tab on the account management site.

    Did you manage to get in touch with someone at ArteryPlanet?

  6. #6
    Yes you do. ArteryPlanet is a domain reseller for eNom. ENom can unlock your domain and release the epp code to you if you are the registered owner, but it will probably take awhile to sort it out with them. Once that's done you can transfer your domain if that's what you want to do. You can keep your hosting service and your domain registration service separate as well but you need control over the domain to point it to the new hosting ip. One you do this I don't think you'll have access to your cpanel or site anymore but at least you can move on. Contact eNom's help line: 425-974-4689 and find out what to do.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    0

    Follow up....

    Quote Originally Posted by joetoner View Post
    I barely had enough time to back up the site today before it went down again. Thank you sir!

    On the other hand, I have no way of moving the domain to another host as it is not showing up in the Domains tab on the account management site.

    Did you manage to get in touch with someone at ArteryPlanet?
    Sorry it is Ms. not Mr. ;-)

    No, I didn't get in touch with the new ArteryPlanet owner. It is unfortunate that the new owner seems to have ruined the reputation of what used to be a company with outstanding customer service. Anyway, I was able to work out a very temporary solution and get full cpanel back-ups for my clients as well. A few sleepless nights (and days) and I'm back in business.

    informarts is right. You should be able to transfer an enom domain. They have a longer fax process if you have no authorization code. If you need assistance send me a pm or a support ticket through our website, mountainviewinternet.com with the details.

  8. #8

    how did you get the backup

    Hi,

    can you tell me please how you got the backups off the server hosted with arteryplanet?
    Who is the new owner? How can I contact them?

    I would appreciate your help

    A.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by albg View Post
    Hi,

    can you tell me please how you got the backups off the server hosted with arteryplanet?
    Who is the new owner? How can I contact them?

    I would appreciate your help

    A.
    Hi - Unfortunately I pulled back-ups when the server was only temporarily back on. With two of us working round the clock we barely finished before the server went down again.

    I was never able to reach the new owner and they are the reason the server is down. While it was down I tried reaching them from every contact that I could find with no success. The old owner is not involved and cannot help the situation.

    Without server access you will need to establish a new web host, transfer your domain and upload the site(s) to the new server. If you don't have a back-up sometimes you can reconstruct by looking up the site at waybackmachine.org but that is pretty labor intensive.

    In the mean time continue to monitor your website to see if it comes back up. At this point I know things are not looking good and am truly sorry if you didn't get a chance to make a back-up while they were online.

  10. #10
    I found this thread through google and since I'm on the same sinking ship I thought I might as well chime in. When the servers went down earlier this week and I logged in at arteryplanet to see what was up, I realized that they hadn't renewed my domain name, which was about to expire (and now it has). I knew the company was getting flaky and (obviously) I should have been more on top of things.

    I'm working through the painfully slow process of regaining access to the domain and renewing it with eNom. I did get a response when I submitted a ticket through enom.com. The person who picked it up only works at night, so we're doing one slow step per day. First I had to send a copy of my "government issued ID," then set up an account on enomcentral, then submit another ticket from there. I thought I was going to have it today but somehow that last ticket ended up on the "public ticketing system" and I was told to submit it again from my enomcentral account. I'm sure I did that the first time, and I suspect there was a cookie left over from the earlier transactions that sent it to the wrong pile. They guy is off duty for two days now, so probably nothing will happen until Sunday.

    Any of you who have experience with enom think I can shortcut the process? Maybe I should call them?

    Luckily I don't make a living from the site and I have complete backups. It's amazing the way arteryplanet just abandoned their business, too.

  11. #11
    A quick follow-up to my last message. I did go ahead and call eNomCentral, and I'm glad I did. It was about a 10 minute phone call and my domain is now renewed and under my control again. They seem to know what's up -- the guy who helped me mentioned that they were hearing a lot about arteryplanet.

    You have to set up an account on eNomCentral to get access to the tech support. I already had my credit card number in there and had a scan of my drivers license to send them -- that made the process quicker. But I want to give enom credit for the quick and effective phone support I got today.
    Last edited by arezeeman; 09-24-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: typos

  12. #12
    A short note: Artery Planet was a fusion of two older hosting companies. The partners involved have now split. The partner who retained the Artery Planet name and business is apparently not doing anything with the business. It's on autopilot and nobody has been home for months. (At least since last March)

    The other partner (who was always the customer service person I was in contact with) moved his half of the accounts to another provider earlier this year. If your accounts didn't get moved you were in the batch that stayed with Artery Planet and thus the bad half of the company. My advice, Artery Planet is a sinking ship...get out now.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by smassing View Post
    A short note: Artery Planet was a fusion of two older hosting companies. The partners involved have now split. The partner who retained the Artery Planet name and business is apparently not doing anything with the business. It's on autopilot and nobody has been home for months. (At least since last March)

    The other partner (who was always the customer service person I was in contact with) moved his half of the accounts to another provider earlier this year. If your accounts didn't get moved you were in the batch that stayed with Artery Planet and thus the bad half of the company. My advice, Artery Planet is a sinking ship...get out now.
    Interesting... such a bummer, seems like they had a good thing going. Is the person that retained the company the one here in Colorado Springs?

  14. #14
    It is a bummer. I just looked at my records and March was my last good contact with support at Artery Planet. It was in May that I noticed things seemed to have fallen apart.

    In answer to your question to the best of my knowledge the person who retained the company is the one in Colorado Springs. Their phone is disconnected and obviously they are not answering emails. I agree it is sad. I have been a happy Artery Planet customer since maybe 2003 and have recomended them to many folks.

  15. #15
    One other thing to watch out for that a friend of mine had to deal with. He registered some of his domains through Artery Planet and somehow he never noticed that they are registered in the name of Valerie Chisnell, one of the Artery Planet partners that has fallen off the (artery) planet so to speak. Tha drag is that eNom can't help him out because his name is not on the domain. Drag. I never had this problem myself and was able to transfer my accounts. I really liked Manuel, the tech guy for Artery Planet. He always provided the best customer service, but he has left the company.
    Last edited by smassing; 09-25-2010 at 12:10 AM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by smassing View Post
    One other thing to watch out for that a friend of mine had to deal with. He registered some of his domains through Artery Planet and somehow he never noticed that they are registered in the name of Valerie Chisnell, one of the Artery Planet partners that has fallen off the (artery) planet so to speak. Tha drag is that eNom can't help him out because his name is not on the domain. Drag. I never had this problem myself and was able to transfer my accounts. I really liked Manuel, the tech guy for Artery Planet. He always provided the best customer service, but he has left the company.
    Shame, I saw that too, I have a couple buddies that have/had some stuff with them for a long time that are now stuck in this domain issue.

    I'm going to see if there's anything I can do... I'm in COS too, may take a drive past their listed location (which is a house) and see if anyone is quite literally home... I hate even thinking about having to do that but... It is their listed business location and when you're getting people e-mailing you for help and you're not even involved it really makes you a bit frustrated.

    Drop me a PM if you get any more info *sigh*

  17. #17
    My buddy and I were working on this tonight. Right now the arteryplanet.net server is up and running. If you know someone stuck with this domain issue they can log into their hosting accounts now, go to My Domains and change the registration information to their names, and change their email addresses to something like hotmail or gmail. They can then contact eNom and have them release the domain name. We just did that tonight for my friend.

    I am up in Littleton myself and almost made the trip to CO springs to pay them a visit.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by smassing View Post
    My buddy and I were working on this tonight. Right now the arteryplanet.net server is up and running. If you know someone stuck with this domain issue they can log into their hosting accounts now, go to My Domains and change the registration information to their names, and change their email addresses to something like hotmail or gmail. They can then contact eNom and have them release the domain name. We just did that tonight for my friend.

    I am up in Littleton myself and almost made the trip to CO springs to pay them a visit.
    Awesome, I'm going to have them do that, I'm still going to swing by and see what's up because they've got some data that they can't get to and of course they don't have recent enough backups. Perhaps I can work something out with them... *sigh*

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    367
    Wow... the registered address is a crap hole... tiny little slab house with a overgrown yard and rusting garbage all over... no one answered the door. lol

  20. #20
    Sad. You gotta wonder what caused a meltdown of this proportion.

    I'm new here so if this next part of my post is against board rules I appologize in advance. If you had much dealings with ArteryPlanet you'll know that the best part of the company was the service provided by Manuel. Any time I had an issue with anything he was on top of it and always took care of things quickly and fairly. He's the partner and technical support person who left the company sometime in April-May-June timeframe because he was having problems with his co-owner in CO Springs. Sadly, he has no connection with the Artery Planet folks anymore so he could not help my buddy, but he landed at a hosting company called plusplushosting -dot- com. If you liked his excellent service take a look there. That's where I ended up doing my hosting as well. The hosting plans and pricing are similar to Artery Planet. Better than being just a number with the megahosters.

    Disclaimer: I'm just a customer like everyone else. I just noticed the crap beginning a couple of months ago and spent a tons of time digging around to find out what was going on. I have no other connection with either of these companies.
    Last edited by smassing; 09-25-2010 at 08:42 PM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bolton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    0
    Hi am in the boat with you guys.

    Luckily I had already moved most of my clients sites to UK based provider earlier in the year, however one of the ones I have not got round to has not got a backup of the MySQL database that ran the site.

    Really need server3.arterytc.net 69.50.202.57 to come back up for a few hours so I can get at the missing bits.

    I have attempted to contact atjeu.com which seems to be the host ArteryPlanet were using.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bolton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smassing View Post
    Sad. You gotta wonder what caused a meltdown of this proportion.

    I'm new here so if this next part of my post is against board rules I appologize in advance. If you had much dealings with ArteryPlanet you'll know that the best part of the company was the service provided by Manuel. Any time I had an issue with anything he was on top of it and always took care of things quickly and fairly. He's the partner and technical support person who left the company sometime in April-May-June timeframe because he was having problems with his co-owner in CO Springs. Sadly, he has no connection with the Artery Planet folks anymore so he could not help my buddy, but he landed at a hosting company called plusplushosting -dot- com. If you liked his excellent service take a look there. That's where I ended up doing my hosting as well. The hosting plans and pricing are similar to Artery Planet. Better than being just a number with the megahosters.

    Disclaimer: I'm just a customer like everyone else. I just noticed the crap beginning a couple of months ago and spent a tons of time digging around to find out what was going on. I have no other connection with either of these companies.
    Can I confirm that Valerie Chisnell is the co-owner that those of us with no support have been left with?

  23. #23
    I don't know that for sure. My information showed that a Valerie and possibly Vic Chisnell were the co-owners based in CO Springs, CO. I believe they also own the property that Artery Planet is officed at. I got that information from State of Colorado public records, but I do not know if there is a more current owner. Sorry.

    UPDATE: A posting from this very website in 2002 shows Vic Chisnell as the partner www-dot-webhostingtalk-dot-com/showthread.php?t=86042
    Sorry the forum will not let me post the link correctly :-( Funny, I just realized this was the site that i found a lot of info about Artery Planet from when I was researching in May/June.
    Last edited by smassing; 09-25-2010 at 09:38 PM.

  24. #24

    Smile

    Thanks to all of you who contributed to this thread, I have finally managed to regain control of my domain and website.

    Like some of you suggested, I went ahead and contacted eNom who assisted me in the entire process. Their support staff was quick and efficient. All i had to do was:
    - create an account at enomcentral.com
    - pay for an additional one year registration
    - submit a copy of ID

    Good luck to the rest of you who are still working through this ArteryMess.

    PS: A big thank you to Ms mkendalld1 for your kind offer to help me with my domain issue!!

  25. #25

    *

    I almost forgot! Make sure to cancel your payment subscription with ArteryPlanet. I imagine that, unlike our websites, their payment gateway is just fine and dandy.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Ct, USA
    Posts
    12

    * Artery Planet Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by smassing View Post
    Sad. You gotta wonder what caused a meltdown of this proportion.

    I'm new here so if this next part of my post is against board rules I appologize in advance. If you had much dealings with ArteryPlanet you'll know that the best part of the company was the service provided by Manuel. Any time I had an issue with anything he was on top of it and always took care of things quickly and fairly. He's the partner and technical support person who left the company sometime in April-May-June timeframe because he was having problems with his co-owner in CO Springs. Sadly, he has no connection with the Artery Planet folks anymore so he could not help my buddy, but he landed at a hosting company called plusplushosting -dot- com. If you liked his excellent service take a look there. That's where I ended up doing my hosting as well. The hosting plans and pricing are similar to Artery Planet. Better than being just a number with the megahosters.

    Disclaimer: I'm just a customer like everyone else. I just noticed the crap beginning a couple of months ago and spent a tons of time digging around to find out what was going on. I have no other connection with either of these companies.
    Hi, do you have Manuel's direct contact information? He was pretty fair when he was at ArteryPlanet. Right now, my sites are down. I'be been out of town and come back to find everything offline. I can't access my cpanel or anything. Any suggestions?

    Thanks!

  27. #27
    Found this thread on google like the rest. I'm really in hot water because of this. My company runs many websites on a separate host, but we have a legacy phpBB forum running on ArteryPlanet.

    Unfortunately, I have no recent backup of the database, and I have no choice but to just cross my fingers and hope things come back up. I undoubtedly will get in big trouble for this. Please keep me updated on the likelihood of getting the data back. If anyone discovers the sites are up again, please post to this forum, so the rest of us can get to work in retrieving our data. Ugghh!

  28. #28

    *

    I THINK I AM GOING TO THROW UP; THERE IS NO WAY I CAN REMEMBER ALL THE PERL SCRIPTS AND PHP THAT WAS NEEDED TO HAVE A AUTOMATED MAILING WEB SITE,,,,,,I AM GOING TO BE SICK

  29. #29
    ArteryPlanet's has about 10 different servers that are hosted by another hosting company called Atjeu.com. Atjeu has shut down the ArteryPlanet server due to non-payment for their hosting fees.

    I spoke with Jeff over at Atjeu, and he is able to temporarily turn ArteryPlanet's servers back on so that people can retrieve data, although there may be some cost associated with this. He can be contacted at [email protected]

    Keep in mind that this server issue isn't Jeff's fault, and any time he is able to spend supporting ArteryPlanet customers is a huge favor to us.

    I also spoke with Manuel, formerly of ArteryPlanet, who now runs another hosting company at plusplushosting.net. Manuel is able to handle the transfer of data off of ArteryPlanet's servers to PlusPlusHosting's servers assuming you still have your cpanel login information available and access to your dns records. Manuel can be reached at [email protected].

  30. Hi Guys,

    Matt point me to this thread. Thanx Matt!

    Im Manuel. Many clients contacted me about this problem and im trying to help as much as i can as i have no access to the servers, but as Matt said the datacenter SEO will help and turn some servers on so you can take backups....im doing two lists...the people that is moving to plusplushosting.net (my company) and people that need take the backups so we get this organized. The people that need just take backups please contact jeff at [email protected].
    The poeple that need to host with me please email me to [email protected]

    Also please make sure your account wasnt moved already to plusplus....i say this because many clients for some reason never saw the email i sent them when i moved them with me (as they were my clients) and never changed they domain nameservers....so once they site gone down they thought they continue at arteryplanet.

    If you have any question please post here.

    Thank you and again sorry for these inconveniences....i have been shocked more than you about it :-(

  31. #31

    Coronary Artery

    Apparently they have suffered a coronary. I too am another victim of their bad business choices. One thing that I think members caught in that web need to be sure to keep an eye on is automatic payments. I had set up through them to pay monthly automatically through Pay Pal. Since I set that up on their end, it doesn't show the recurring payment schedule in my Pay Pal account so it's like I have no way to cancel those recurring payments. I have put in a claim on the last month's payment claiming that they are practicing fraudulant business and since I just paid them on Sept. 19th, I am trying to get that refunded.
    I have been working on taking my reseller clients and uploading their sites on other servers. What a headache. Manuel was the best tech support, hell I even sent HIM an email to his gmail account asking for any advice or alternate contact information, but haven't heard back from him. He probably has been swamped with this. Anyway looks like many of us are in the same boat floating up sh*ts creek with a turd for a paddle.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by KyaCloud View Post
    Apparently they have suffered a coronary. I too am another victim of their bad business choices. One thing that I think members caught in that web need to be sure to keep an eye on is automatic payments. I had set up through them to pay monthly automatically through Pay Pal. Since I set that up on their end, it doesn't show the recurring payment schedule in my Pay Pal account so it's like I have no way to cancel those recurring payments. I have put in a claim on the last month's payment claiming that they are practicing fraudulant business and since I just paid them on Sept. 19th, I am trying to get that refunded.
    I have been working on taking my reseller clients and uploading their sites on other servers. What a headache. Manuel was the best tech support, hell I even sent HIM an email to his gmail account asking for any advice or alternate contact information, but haven't heard back from him. He probably has been swamped with this. Anyway looks like many of us are in the same boat floating up sh*ts creek with a turd for a paddle.
    If you log in to your PayPal account and go to "Profile" and then click on "Pay List" under "Financial Information" then you should be able to cancel your subscription(s), so at least you can stop paying them for the service that you aren't receiving!

    Alternatively, if you go to any of the subscription payments made in the transaction history, then the should be a link at the top to the subscription number (Starting with an "S") where you can cancel that subscription. Something like:

    Subscription Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #XXXXXXXXXXXXX)
    View the related S-YYYYYYYYYYYYYY

  33. Hi KyaCloud, can you PM me or let me know your email address...as far as i know i have replied all the emails i have received in my gmail account.

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by freethought View Post
    If you log in to your PayPal account and go to "Profile" and then click on "Pay List" under "Financial Information" then you should be able to cancel your subscription(s), so at least you can stop paying them for the service that you aren't receiving!

    Alternatively, if you go to any of the subscription payments made in the transaction history, then the should be a link at the top to the subscription number (Starting with an "S") where you can cancel that subscription. Something like:
    I have done that, but since I didn't set the recurring payments up through Pay Pal, they don't show any listing for recurring payment scheduled. That's the problem, so Artery Planet's billing gateway may still be up and trying to bilk other customers who are set up on that type of payment structure. Believe me, I tried that on Pay Pal... but had nothing for me to cancel or manage for that account. Anyway, Manuel, I am so happy to see you here!!! I am going to contact you for hosting, I still have my personal sites I need to get back up. I've already taken care of the clients for the most part.
    Great discussion thread, I thank you all for posting and pushing these links to the top of Google when searching for information about what's happened. It has been very helpful! And THANK YOU so much to Manuel for the excellent service he did provide us while there.

  35. #35

  36. Hi Sandra,

    Just sent you an email...please confirm you have received it. I just did check and i have replied to the email you sent me on 09/27...odd you havent received it.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by KyaCloud View Post
    I have done that, but since I didn't set the recurring payments up through Pay Pal, they don't show any listing for recurring payment scheduled. That's the problem, so Artery Planet's billing gateway may still be up and trying to bilk other customers who are set up on that type of payment structure. Believe me, I tried that on Pay Pal... but had nothing for me to cancel or manage for that account. Anyway, Manuel, I am so happy to see you here!!! I am going to contact you for hosting, I still have my personal sites I need to get back up. I've already taken care of the clients for the most part.
    Great discussion thread, I thank you all for posting and pushing these links to the top of Google when searching for information about what's happened. It has been very helpful! And THANK YOU so much to Manuel for the excellent service he did provide us while there.
    Hmmm, that's odd. I'm basing this on my PayPal UK account, but it should be more or less the same.
    There's three different places under the "Profile" link that PayPal displays automated payments depending on how they were set up; "Recurring Payments", "Pay List" and "Pre-approvals List". They're all in the central "Financial information" column for me.

  38. #38
    I'll check and see if it accidently went into my spam folder for some reason. Thank you again Manuel. And Freethought, I did go into those areas, and it didn't show me anything about scheduled payments. But no harm in checking again with your advice. Thank you.

  39. #39
    Got it and replied. It was going to the spam folder. Sorry I didn't think about checking that earlier!!

  40. no problem, ill catch you by email

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 09:15 PM
  2. arteryplanet.net down?
    By rgbgum in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 07:07 PM
  3. ArteryPlanet - are they still running their biz?
    By FrzzMan in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 03:07 AM
  4. any exp. with arteryplanet
    By bigjason in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 05:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •