Thread: Is it possible?

Is it possible?

Hello, I have a newbie questions here.
    I'm having a VPS that I intend to have Plesk on, hosting max 10 domains. Got 512RAM, shared CPU. Will it be able to handle it? It will mostly be PHP sites.

What kind of sites? Blogs? Add plugins to your blog depending on what software you use. It should be just fine depending on how much traffic you have daily.

If Plesk supports nginx, install it instead of apache. Tweak your MySQL, disable InnoDB for example. If you can, don't use control panel.

Hard to tell. If they are personal web sites which have 10 views a day then of course. If they are web sites like WHT then of course now. It all depends how much traffic is generated, if you don't know then only way to find out is by running them and seeing if you need to upgrade. With a VPS, upgrading should be very easy.

If we presume that all those are not high traffic websites or do not use apps which take a lot of resources, the answer is "Yes".
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

I think it depends on what VPS you get. Most of the time you will be fine if you get a VPS from somewhere reliable.

Just my 2cents.

That's possible read this article http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/yes-yo...mb-link-1-vps/

Thanks for all your useful replies guys, I appreciate it.

it depends on the type of websites ( how resource intensive they are ), the amount of traffic they are getting and how well those sites have been coded regarding both PHP and MySQL.

can you give more details about those websites?

Traffic
    Technology used [meaning software ->CMS etc.]
    optimization
    database intesity etc.
    they all determine what can be done most of the time, but having a control panel adds even more as it can be resources hungry and eat valuable resources when your sites should get them.

Try to use a lightweight control panel [e.g webmin] - or none at all, as you will really will see you do not work with the panel so often and only a few things need to be adjusted trough a control panel and it sits there and eats the resources IMHO.