moving my site from Giga to Myhosting.com (need some help )

hi friends .. am fed up with giga host and am moving to myhosting.com ..

giga reduced my speed from 100 Mbps to 10 Mbps .. in 10 MBPS connection am getting a download speed of 6 to 10 KBPS .. when i ask him .. to increase speed .. he said to give 50 Euro .. for reconfiguring my server .. i dont know what it is .. do anyone know what it mean ? my whole file is around 10 GB and downloading at this speed take 14 days and 16 hrs .. great service from giga- international hosting ..

i want to disable all users accessing my website .. and download that file .. i hope that will give little more speed .. how can i do that .. i tried stopping httpd but it stop download also ..

Quote Originally Posted by chanhope View Post
    i want to disable all users accessing my website .. and download that file .. i hope that will give little more speed .. how can i do that .. i tried stopping httpd but it stop download also ..
    What is the server used for? are you using any control panel?
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

only have webmin .. and this is VPS centos server ..

I doubt they will do anything for you without you paying them, hell you should have though better in the first place before going with that host, who is probably the only one who is charging $$ for OS reinstalls on a VPS.

yes .. i did a big mistake .. now am thinking about escaping from them .. somehow need to get my files back .. i will try till next payment day .. after tht .. i will though away my site .. and start a new site .. huuhh .. no other way

Here's a question, why did they slow your speed in the first place?

i dint notice that they have a limitation in bandwidth .. they give unlimited bandwidth .. but if i use more than 10 Mbps speed for 5 days .. then they will limit bandwidth to 10 Mbps .. i dint notice this when i buy from them .. my site need good traffic .. so it use more than 10 MBPS for 5 days .. but now at least for downloading that backup file .. i asked them to increase speed .. but they wont ..

If you broke their TOS it's entirely your fault and should expect to pay extra to get your speed restored.

itz ok .. it my mistake .. but at least i should get 10 MBPS speed .. i had removed my domain name from that ip and still i get only 15 to 20 kb speed .. is this 10 MBPS connection ?

10mbps is 1.25mB/s though... I don't understand why are you getting such a slow speed...
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn

Quote Originally Posted by chanhope View Post
    i dint notice that they have a limitation in bandwidth .. they give unlimited bandwidth .. but if i use more than 10 Mbps speed for 5 days .. then they will limit bandwidth to 10 Mbps .. i dint notice this when i buy from them .. my site need good traffic .. so it use more than 10 MBPS for 5 days .. but now at least for downloading that backup file .. i asked them to increase speed .. but they wont ..
    I don't think any host offer unlimited bandwidth, please read TOS before you signup.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

ya .. i did a big mistake .. jump into there service without checking .. there price is really catching ... he he

god saved me .. now speed become 8 MBps ..