1. AU VPS Recommendations

Hey Guys,

I've made the call once before, and it's time to do it again!

Last time it was for a decent US VPS, and I ended up with WiredTree. I love them, the server is great and the service even better.

I'm now tossing up whether to keep on with them, or if it's time to switch to on-shore hosting.

The value and services of US hosting has always made me frown upon AU hosting for a long time now, and a recent experience with a mates AU VPS and the company behind it didn't help that!

However, I want to put some serious consideration into it now - as our client base is building and we're now also hosting an AU based forum which is growing pretty rapidly.

Main considerations at this stage are:
    - Price (value)
    - Fully Managed
    - Customer Service Rep

We're currently paying about AU$75 for the WT server, and are happy around this price range. I'm obviously expecting a rather sharp drop in bandwidth allowance, but that's fine. I also understand I'll probably struggle to find fully-managed in that range too...

Anyways, looking forward to your suggestions!

Cheers,
    Chris

i suggest you to stay with WT as hosting prices @ your country is super high and for less bandwidth
    check this to have an idea
    http://www.crucial.com.au/

3. Hey badboyx,

Thanks for your reply!

Crucial was the mob my mate went with, if they're the benchmark for quality and service in AU I'll be sticking with WT for sure!

I understand that price for manage & bandwidth is much higher here in Aus, and I'm fully expecting that. I was just going to put it in perspective for the better pings, even if they are only ~150ms difference.

Cheers,
    Chris

i suggest to use
    www.traceroute.org
    to know what is the best connection to your country after that you need to search for a good fully managed company at the country you pick .
    -------------------
    another au company
    http://www.netlogistics.com.au/vps/momentum/
    74$ for 30 GB Data Transfer
    hosting at your country can't be a cheap choice

australia lacks behind lot of countries when it comes to renting server or going for shared hosting the plans are too costly as bandwidth is very costly here, we host our server in west coast side of australia and to be honest we get no problem in speed and we do host some very big sites or yoy can look at www.webhostingtalk.com.au, hope that it helps

If you want a VPS and don't want to pay too much then check out deasoft.com, they are in the offer section too (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=977851)

I would never recommend Deasoft for any hosting services, you only have read some of the reviews at WHT au

Just use a USA provider, there are a lot good hosting companies on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by wst_dirk View Post
    If you want a VPS and don't want to pay too much then check out deasoft.com, they are in the offer section too (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=977851)

The last review I found was from May this year were a user points to problems at the end of 2009 and Deasoft tells them that they were in a different datacenter at that time.
    So why not?