How to move files to my unmanaged vps server from shared hosting?

Hello guys,
    I bought Unmanaged VPS 2 days ago.
    I installed kloxo control panel in my VPS server.
    Now I need to move files from my existing shared hosting to my new VPS server. What are steps to do it. Please help me.
    Thanks
    I changed the nameservers in my domain too.
    This is my domain http://www.girisoft.net

It shows like this
    If you are seeing this page, it means that the Domain has been successfully configured on the machine, but the files has not been uploaded yet.

Please contact the adminstrator for the login information.

Contact your current hosting provider and ask if they will move them for you - most hosts offer free migration services
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    Contact your current hosting provider and ask if they will move them for you - most hosts offer free migration services
    No I requested them. They told me that they can offer migration services only for managed vps hosting.

compress your files on your shared account and then ftp from your VPS to the shared account, download the compressed file, uncompress it and voila
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Download via FTP, and Upload via FTP. That simple
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Deroba View Post
    Download via FTP, and Upload via FTP. That simple
    I think it's not simple. Because my total files size is around 5 GB

Neither VPS control have migration between them both are servers. You'd need both cPanel, or use a FTP client in the unmanaged one, connect to the server and download the files. There are some command line clients. Just google
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn

Easy stuff. Compress all the files via ssh on the old VPS, then move to your public_html directory on your old domain, then download the file via wget and uncompress

Quote Originally Posted by LoyaltyV View Post
    Easy stuff. Compress all the files via ssh on the old VPS, then move to your public_html directory on your old domain, then download the file via wget and uncompress
    oh no,the old one is not a vps but sharedhosting!

would this work?
    1. install ftp client in un-managed one.
    2. ftp into shared.
    3. download.

Actually you guys are really overthinking this one. The quick and dirty solution is just to run a backup in cpanel, then access the file manager and move the zip file into the public_html space. You probably want to obfuscate the filename a bit for security purposes, or use a password protected directory.

From the VPS side, you can then use something simple like wget or more advanced like lynx(in case of password protection) to fetch the file from the webserver via cli.
    Linology Networks,LLC - Powering Your Future, Today

Go into cPanel file manager, select the public_html directory & click compress at the top. Move the compressed public_html into the actual public_html folder.

Then on the VPS run wget URL OF COMPRESSED FOLDER and then untar it.

Done

Quote Originally Posted by Tom, View Post
    Go into cPanel file manager, select the public_html directory & click compress at the top. Move the compressed public_html into the actual public_html folder.

Then on the VPS run wget URL OF COMPRESSED FOLDER and then untar it.)
    Yup, its much easier doing it that way.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by LinologyNetworksLLC View Post
    Actually you guys are really overthinking this one. The quick and dirty solution is just to run a backup in cpanel, then access the file manager and move the zip file into the public_html space. You probably want to obfuscate the filename a bit for security purposes, or use a password protected directory.

From the VPS side, you can then use something simple like wget or more advanced like lynx(in case of password protection) to fetch the file from the webserver via cli.
    If its a 5GB file then he may face issues to download such as big file due to apache download limits.
    RSHosting.com: Reliable & Secure, Managed Web Hosting since 2003
    UK / US datacenters Linux & Windows HostingLet'sEncrypt SSL
    Web Hosting | Managed Wordpress Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Server | Managed Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Robinson View Post
    If its a 5GB file then he may face issues to download such as big file due to apache download limits.
    It shouldn't be too much of a problem. If it's 5GB, once compressed, say it's 2.5GB ish. I've "wgot" <(if that's the correct way of putting it lol!) a 30GB tar file before which was a VPS backup and I didn't have a problem.

I'm going to be honest, if you're going from shared to an unmanaged vps. You probably should not be doing that if you don't know how to perform a basic data migration. You might want to either stick with shared or consider a managed vps IMO.