Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Angry WTF hostv.com...

I dont know whats going on, my site been down for 24 hours, support NOT reponding, now the they close the main thread in the forum, I WANT SOME ANSWER PLEASE...I DONT HAVE A BACK UP FOLDER. GIVE US SOME UPDATE, I AM VERY F*&^%$%$ BARRRHHHH
    http://forums.hostv.com/server-netwo...-35pm-est.html
      0 Not allowed!

Hi

Please note we had few vps customers affected by data loss and are working on restoring service for everyone. We will help you restore any backups you have and try to restore the data at the same time but as of now the affected vps clients some have large data loss.

Please contact our billing dept for either REFUND of your payment or Free 3 months of vps hosting extension.

We truly apologize for this inconvenience caused in this rare event.

Please private message me your account or ticket id if you need urgent assistance.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...
      0 Not allowed!

From hostv homepage
    "All VPS are backed up daily onto external backup storage space using ServerSnapShot powered by R1Soft. "

Does HostV have a working R1Soft backup for you?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by linuxclark View Post
    From hostv homepage
    "All VPS are backed up daily onto external backup storage space using ServerSnapShot powered by R1Soft. "

Does HostV have a working R1Soft backup for you?
    There was problems with the affected vps and their r1soft backup as of now, that is why we're notifying and crediting the affected vps clients.

If any further questions please do contact us asap. We're doing our best to restore service.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
      0 Not allowed!

I kinda feel sorry for Citrex in this....

It sounds like he's gonna wake up with a horse head in his bed

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    There was problems with the affected vps and their r1soft backup as of now, that is why we're notifying and crediting the affected vps clients.

If any further questions please do contact us asap. We're doing our best to restore service.
    So wait, your trying to say 'the problem' affected your remote backup server and vps nodes?

Why do I not believe this.
      0 Not allowed!

10 years worth of data, shouldn't you have a copy backed up somewhere (perhaps locally?) anyway seeing how it's of such high value?
      0 Not allowed!

antihero2005, I don't think they have any backup files of your data since they have mentioned they will restore any backups that you have. I think you will need to send them your backup files in order for them to restore your data.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IGXHost View Post
    10 years worth of data, shouldn't you have a copy backed up somewhere (perhaps locally?) anyway seeing how it's of such high value?
    True and I agree.

However, I can also see this from the clients' point of view that since daily backups is a feature included with the VPS, why do personal backups? You're simply relying on something you paid for.

It could very well be that a client would purposely seek out hosts that offer some kind of backups so he/she won't have to do them.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by antihero2005 View Post
    Dude read the first post,which part you dont understand..? Dude fk the money, we talking about 10 years data loss here?10 mothrfkin years dude... I dont want to say wrong things, let me go to sleep. I AM FKING LOSING IT.
    You didn't have any backups what so ever in this (10) year tender? Even if your with a provider that's stable for 20 years and running data loss is always a possibility. There are a lot of things that can go wrong software or hardware wise that can make you lose your data.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxFugleman View Post
    You didn't have any backups what so ever in this (10) year tender? Even if your with a provider that's stable for 20 years and running data loss is always a possibility. There are a lot of things that can go wrong software or hardware wise that can make you lose your data.
    1:read post #12,
    2: "All VPS are backed up daily onto external backup storage space using ServerSnapShot powered by R1Soft. "feature included with the VPS.
      0 Not allowed!

1:read post #12,
    2: "All VPS are backed up daily onto external backup storage space using ServerSnapShot powered by R1Soft. "feature included with the VPS.
    Yes i know i read that, But you do know that there are tons of providers that say this but do not really hold up to the agreement (not saying this is the case).

It is always good to have your own local/offloaded backups in the event something does go wrong, I hope they can find a backup of some sort if they do keep backups so that you didn't just blow (10) years of hard work. I kind of see where you are coming from though, If i just lost 10 years of data i would be pretty upset as well.

I hope you get this worked out
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know what's so hard for both hosts and users to create backups..

I'm not even a webhost and yet I somehow manage to create nightly local backups and weekly remote backups. At the very least, a separate local drive isn't going to break the bank.

End users aren't getting off that easily though, seriously, is it really that difficult to take 30 minutes out of your life per week to make a backup? Isn't it worth the peace of mind?

I don't understand people.. It's like they just look for someone to blame for their own incompetence.
      0 Not allowed!

Why the hell do hosts do not understand its not about the money. Sure we try to shop around for the best price/features initially, but when we set in and pay for something that is offered, in this case daily backups. We expect it.

I don't give a rats ass about a refund. I expect my data, which was supposedly backed up every day to be restore. End of question. While the official statements mention only some accounts were affected, from talking to others affected they were all told that their account was one that was affected. Kind of sketchy.

This thing has happened to me three with HostV/Cirtex now over the last three years. I am guessing they don't backup data, so if that is the case I would like a refund for the last three years of hosting for the lies. If you do backup daily, then I expect all the customers will have their sites back up with NO data loss. No experienced webhost could possibly allow their infrastructure to be so interconnected that everything simultaneously failes.
    ZunePoint <-- Click
    Forums - Register Now!
    Will launch fully soon!
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholia View Post
    I don't know what's so hard for both hosts and users to create backups..

I'm not even a webhost and yet I somehow manage to create nightly local backups and weekly remote backups. At the very least, a separate local drive isn't going to break the bank.

End users aren't getting off that easily though, seriously, is it really that difficult to take 30 minutes out of your life per week to make a backup? Isn't it worth the peace of mind?

I don't understand people.. It's like they just look for someone to blame for their own incompetence.
    Sadly, when you pay for daily backups, some customers actually expect it. People don't have time for this, thus they outsource this to people like hosts, simple. Sure, us customers, can make some backups, but we shouldn't have to because we are paying for it.
    ZunePoint <-- Click
    Forums - Register Now!
    Will launch fully soon!
      0 Not allowed!

This is the message I am getting from one of the high level guys at HostV/Cirtex

Really we don't have words to explain about this crisis. Unfortunately
    both of the data in server and backup server is no more with the hardware
    issue
    We are still making high level inquiry regarding this
    Unbelievable or what?
    ZunePoint <-- Click
    Forums - Register Now!
    Will launch fully soon!
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Keptic

I understand your frustration, please email us for further help and also feel free to contact me directly. Again we're issuing 3 months free credit for the few that are affected by this and will also be giving refund if requested.

Thank you for your understanding.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Keptic

I understand your frustration, please email us for further help and also feel free to contact me directly. Again we're issuing 3 months free credit for the few that are affected by this and will also be giving refund if requested.

I'll pay you a years hosting fees to get my friggin data back. I am already talking to John Xie.
    ZunePoint <-- Click
    Forums - Register Now!
    Will launch fully soon!
      0 Not allowed!

For one even if you lose a hard drive, you should have Raid. Are you telling me you doin't use RAID. I want specific details on why this occurred...

I hope Cirtex Corp have a lawyer on speed dial..I need a fkin lawyer to explain this me...wait til fkin monday dude, I am going to give my brother a call somebody or someone at Cirtex Corp going to answer this"All VPS are backed up daily onto external backup storage space using ServerSnapShot powered by R1Soft."If this is a lie.Cirtex Corp will now on (ONLY)speak to him(my lawyer).since company is base in New Jersey...you will hear from me in Freehold, county supreme court.
    Last edited by antihero2005; 08-29-2010 at 06:29 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

For one even if you lose a hard drive, you should have Raid. Are you telling me you doin't use RAID. I want specific details on why this occurred...

I hope Cirtex Corp have a lawyer on speed dial..I need a fkin lawyer to explain this me...wait til fkin monday dude, I am going to give my brother a call somebody or someone at Cirtex Corp going to answer this"All VPS are backed up daily onto external backup storage space using ServerSnapShot powered by R1Soft."If this is a lie.Cirtex Corp will now on (ONLY)speak to him(my lawyer).since company is base in New Jersey...you will hear from me in Freehold, county supreme court.
    What reasonable steps have you taken to protect your data? What are your actual financial losses? You will probably want to read the hostv.com TOS

5.) Backups and Data Loss
    Your use of the service is at your sole risk. HostV.com is not responsible for files and data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on HostV.com servers.
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by royalduke View Post
    I think you should all just cool down.

Anyways, I would love to know what kind if hardware issue this is... Hardrive failure?
    http://forums.hostv.com/general-supp...-downtime.html
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Keptic

Cirtex - a similar incident happened before only a few months ago with HostV -- Please respond to "ServerSnapShot is powered by R1soft Enterprise Continuous Data Protection & Backup. Your server will be FULLY backed up to our external backup storage server on a daily basis through ServerSnapShot to ensure your data is safe and protected."

My VPS has been affected by this as well - I've just responded in a support ticket:

That's what I've been told - to which I responded: Please tell me that this is a GD JOKE!

I have 11 sites including a recent clients site that was running on the HostV server. I don't generally backup site to my pc - THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE HOSTV RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP CLIENTS' DATA SECURE.

You cannot be telling me that my forums and sites which I've been constantly developing for some 6+ years is gone because of some HostV screwup! I've spent 1000s of manhours on these sites. And to loose the data...

That's totally unacceptible and certainly grounds for a lawsuit!

"All VPS are backed up daily onto external backup storage space using ServerSnapShot powered by R1Soft."

That's quoted from info regarding HostV VPS? So is that a load of BS???? What happened to the external backup????
    ----------------
    ----------------

How the hell am I to get my sites back online. And why has the data not been backed up on external backup storage space as ADVERTISED!?

And I agree with antihero2005 -- It's not about money! How can you value 1000+ manhours of web development? The 3 month credit you guys are offering is laughable and an INSULT! I'd have expected HostV to have prepared for such issue after that last incident. WTH is going on.

@antihero2005 - are you consulting an attorney? This may be grounds for a class action suit, as I suspect there are many who are absolutely FURIOUS because of this BS.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by royalduke View Post
    I think you should all just cool down.

Anyways, I would love to know what kind if hardware issue this is... Hardrive failure?
    It's easy to say calm down when it is not your hardwork that's threatened and possibly even GONE! So please - spare us the chiding.

At anyrate - HostV has not really given much in the way of explanation for this HORRID ISSUE! It might even make it a bit better for the affected customers if they were a bit more vocal about the issue - but we've only been given a canned response BS:

Dear customers located on nodes 21-24,

It has come to our attention that there has been a rare hardware failure affecting some vps clients and attached backups for few affected vps customers on the nodes above. We are in the process of recreating those accounts that were affected and resending welcome emails with all login information. Please be assured that not every vps is affected by this failure and we're still trying to recover data as much as possible.

This was very rare scenario, we truly apologize and we're trying everything to recover all customers' affected, and re-creating affected customer vps asap. We are significantly improving our reporting and redundancy infrastructure to ensure that it does not happen again and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to our affected customers.

As compensation, we are giving 3 months free service to all those affected by this failure, please email billing@hostv.com to receive this free 3 months credit. If you have any questions about your account please contact us at billing@hostv.com and we will be happy to assist you. Again we truly apologize for this incident and we'll do everything to help customers restore data to fullest along with improving our existing backup infrastructure to make sure there is more redundancy.

If there are further updates we will update in this thread. Alternatively if you wish for full refund of your VPS instead of free 3 months credit, please contact us as well via billing@hostv.com, we'll do refund on last month or full credit if you wish to cancel. We hope you will stay and continue to be part of the HostV family!

(PS: If you'd like to speak with us on the phone, please email billing with callback # or call us directly, tomorrow is Sunday so we'll be a bit under-staffed but we'll do our best to call you)

Thank you again for choosing HostV
    HostV Michelle
      0 Not allowed!

enormous damage

I write from Italy sorry my English.
    I have a vps with HostV and I suffered enormous economic damage.
    all my communities have been lost.
    lost all my email.
    characteristics of vps I bought it says:FREE Backups / Restores
    HostV wants to pay the damage with only 3 months of rent.
    I HostV abandonment and step to another provider.
    VPS pay a little then you have these problems

Mattia Roberto
      0 Not allowed!

Please private message me your account or ticket id if you need urgent assistance.
    John - I think all of us affected by this issue will require urgent assistance! I'm not a server Admin - That's why I purchased MANAGED VPS, and did so under the assumption that HostV adheres to what it advertises: All VPS are backed up daily onto external backup storage space using ServerSnapShot powered by R1Soft.

Help please. My ticket ID is DGJ-791176
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast