Windows 2008 + SQL Server > $50

I am looking for a host for a new project I have. The main requirement is for SQL Server 2005 or 2008.

Bandwidth will be low at the start of the project, but a host that can grow with ther project would be ideal.

I wish to keep the budget to less than $50 per month if possible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and also what should I be looking for?

Most providers Windows based VPS are able to get the SQL license through their SPLA.

Do you have a specific virtualization that your looking for?
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

in terms of virtualization I have found that 2008 web have been fine for .net 4.0 and MVC 2 in the past.

If you're willing to consider using MS SQL Express 2005/2008, then there are plenty of hosting providers that can accommodate you (Check the offers forum).

If you need a Hosted MS SQL or a Web/Workgroup/Standard/Enterprise (full) installation, then your budget needs to go up to accommodate for Microsoft's licensing fees.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

That's correct - using MS SQL Express will not have any recurring fees whereas MS SQL Web will have a monthly fee of $15-$25. Additionally, MS SQL Express 2008 R2 has increased db size limit of 10Gb (it was 4Gb earlier) - however, max memory mapping/CPU is limited to 1Gb/1CPU respectively. Hence, you will need to come up with your requirements and decide which edition is best for you.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

You should go for VPS virtualized using XEN / Hyper-v based techology. They are proven to tightly partition your VPS resources from other VPS available on that server.

As updated by PhotonVPS-Jim, SQL 2008 Express edition is available at no additional cost on your VPS.

Have you tried "Find A Host" section available at WHT?

Quote Originally Posted by desiny View Post
    I am looking for a host for a new project I have. The main requirement is for SQL Server 2005 or 2008.

Bandwidth will be low at the start of the project, but a host that can grow with ther project would be ideal.

I wish to keep the budget to less than $50 per month if possible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and also what should I be looking for?

I use EuroVPS for this exact thing: MS-based tech sites.
    How big is the site? Anything custom to be added?
    There's always a chance you can work on shared hosting: http://eurovps.com/eng/hosting/ha_we...osting_windows
    And that uses a dedicated SQL server.

I've done that before.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||