hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : How hosting companies offer ads credits ?

Forum Jump

How hosting companies offer ads credits ?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 09:19 AM

How hosting companies offer ads credits ?

Hello,

Recently I found that a large number of big hosting companies are providing ad credits like Google ads, facebook ads or so. The question is how can they actually provide that?

One company I know is providing $100 google adwords credit, the cost of hosting is only $5, how can they provide $100 credit in return of $5?

What's the trick?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2010, 09:26 AM
The Webhost

It is advertisers interest to give away these free coupons.. I have personally got quite a few through the post. Therefore, large hosting companies are able to get these for very cheap.

Call (+44) 0845 300 9066 for more information.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Web Hosting Master

I've always wanted to ask this question too. It's incredible how host companies offer $100 ad-credits for a $5 hosting service.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Web Hosting Guru

the basic is that it has nothing to do with the hosting itself. it is ad's credit and thus doesn't influence servers etc.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:17 PM
WHT Addict

From my understanding your company has to have a minimum income of $30k / month to get a deal with Google to offer your customers free Adwords credit. A lot of companies that have a very large client base can get free ad credits to pass onto their clients by setting up deals with those companies. Don't take my word for this, it's just what I've read around the forums and I can't guarantee it's correct.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Web Hosting Master

You need a minimum of 1000 US customers, however, even then, they do not automatically accept your business for their program.

DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Old 08-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
You need a minimum of 1000 US customers, however, even then, they do not automatically accept your business for their program.
Ive heard the same thing, but OP you can try contacting Google/Yahoo directly.

Server Reseller Program: significant discounts, to increase your profits!

Old 08-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Corporate Member

This is discussed atleast once a week. Please use search.

Basically you have to spend about 20k/month with those ad providers and in return they give you free coupons.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:04 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
True and you must have someone certified in their ad program

Old 08-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Managed VPS Experts

If you spend so much money on them they will start giving you these free credits. For example HostGator spends so much money on them, they get those credits for free.

- Daniel

█ DATA Migrations Included | 24/7 Certified Support |INSTANT SETUP | Gigabit Connections

Old 08-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Disabled

I'm a newbie here and I always wondered how this could be possible.
Thanks for all the replies. With that said, it is almost impossible for a small biz to get these coupons. right?