Thread: Where are They?

Unhappy Where are They?

Hi,

After searching around here for some days, I have a very annoying trouble: Why 99% of US vps providers avoid to say where they are?

I'm still looking for different ( = more than 1) providers in US but with a good speed from Thailand. It should be LA, SJ etc.
    So, who are they?

Thanks

Because half are at burst and half are at hetzner.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    Because half are at burst and half are at hetzner.
    LOL, thats not true. There are tons of other data centers as well
    Quality Web Hosting at its Best!
    100% Satisfaction Guaranteed | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Hosting Solutions
    www.QualityHostOnline.com - Proudly Serving Thousands of Customers Since 2001

Companies tends not to release which data center they have servers from since the customer may know or think the data center is not reliable.

But I think all hosting providers should release this information without holding it back.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

Quote Originally Posted by SnoorkAdvertiser View Post
    Companies tends not to release which data center they have servers from since the customer may know or think the data center is not reliable.

But I think all hosting providers should release this information without holding it back.
    Exactly my point They have no trouble to "reveal" prices and some features.... why not a good idea where they are?

If you contact the company's pre-sales department, I'm sure they'd have no problem telling you where they host
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

That's nothing wrong to let the client know where the server is hosted!

It is the right of client to decide where they need to host anyway.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Yes. It is annoying.
    LiquidWeb has several datacenters and they don't say where they are located. Try asking them with live chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Searching10 View Post
    Yes. It is annoying.
    LiquidWeb has several datacenters and they don't say where they are located. Try asking them with live chat.
    All three of our datacenters are located in Lansing, MI.

You should not receive any resistance to us telling you where they are. If you wouldn't mind PMing me with the chat log (if you have it) and any details about the time of the conversation, I would very much like that information.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any other questions.
    Benny Crampton
    Liquid Web - Dedicated Hosting with Heroic Support
    StormOnDemand - Flexible Cloud Hosting Infrastructure
    1-800-580-4985 | Twitter: @liquidweb | @StormOnDemand

Yes. It is annoying.
    i dont think he was saying they dont tell you in chat Benny. He was saying you should ask them in live chat and they will tell you

or thats the impression i get from reading it
    Shared US Hosting Specials USHost.net
    http://webhostsaloon.com WebHost Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kevster1 View Post
    i dont think he was saying they dont tell you in chat Benny. He was saying you should ask them in live chat and they will tell you

or thats the impression i get from reading it
    That would make much more sense! I was really hoping there was some kind of misunderstanding. Even better that it's on my part!
    Benny Crampton

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebBenny View Post
    All three of our datacenters are located in Lansing, MI.

You should not receive any resistance to us telling you where they are. If you wouldn't mind PMing me with the chat log (if you have it) and any details about the time of the conversation, I would very much like that information.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any other questions.
    Benny,
    I think you misunderstood my message.
    I was trying to help the OP and mentioned LiquidWeb as a possible webhost with impressive datacenters and suggested to use the live chat to find out.
    I DIDN'T start any live chat myself. Clear?

Benny,
    I think you misunderstood my message.
    I was trying to help the OP and mentioned LiquidWeb as a possible webhost with impressive datacenters and suggested to use the live chat to find out.
    I DIDN'T start any live chat myself. Clear?
    Absolutely, thank you. I'm glad I don't have to address anyone being unnecessarily difficult.
    Benny Crampton

Thanks for that! LiquidWeb is now on my checking list
    But I still find cumbersome to have to ask them, one by one, while they advertise not far from here.

@Tiger's Way

Who are these providers that refuse to disclose their data centers to you? Perhaps you are not looking in the right place for their network page. Only small resellers might lack this on their site, but any provider that owns their own equipment should gladly disclose their dc.
    SR Web Studio
    Shared & Reseller Web Hosting - Web Design - Complete Solutions
    cPanel - Fantastico De Luxe - Instant Setup - 99.9% Uptime

sales@srwebstudio.com | (412) 945-0130

How about someone make a listing of webhosting companies with the latest news as to where their datacentres actually are? Those webhosting companies which won't divulge the details of their datacentres would just noted as n/a. I am sure anyone looking through such a list would go for the companies which are not secretive about where their datacentres are.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan View Post
    How about someone make a listing of webhosting companies with the latest news as to where their datacentres actually are? Those webhosting companies which won't divulge the details of their datacentres would just noted as n/a. I am sure anyone looking through such a list would go for the companies which are not secretive about where their datacentres are.
    The OP mentioned 99% don't show this info in their websites and if he has such a list, then there no need for someone else to make a list, assuming that he has checked enough websites to make this declaration.
    The list would have a value only if any of the hosting companies would not reveal the DC locations, after contacting them.
    But as mentioned in one of the posts, I have the impression that most would be happy to share this info.

The OP mentioned 99% don't show this info in their websites and if he has such a list, then there no need for someone else to make a list, assuming that he has checked enough websites to make this declaration.
    The list would have a value only if any of the hosting companies would not reveal the DC locations, after contacting them.
    But as mentioned in one of the posts, I have the impression that most would be happy to share this info.
    That's not exactly what I said.. or at least what I meant
    1> There is no easy way to pre-select hosting companies by their DC location(s). "[US]" in the tittle of their ads is kinda short!
    Searching in their website, or asking them is no trouble, just muuuuuch longer.
    2> Find then a test IP is easy because you are already chatting/emailing with them... Not from the very beginning.

So, yes, a very simple area map with as much DC as possible would be I guess very interesting. My own - still short for now - is ONLY around SJ and LA.

well I dont see why companies keep their location a secret but I have seen a few. Most companies have a Network / About page where you can see their location, some also have it directly on their plan page.

@OP I would recommend to add Seattle, WA to your list of locations as well since you will find a bit more providers hosting there. The connection to Thailand should be really good as well. That way you would have more choice to compare the providers.
    Host Mist - Helping People Say Hello World
    Shared | VPS | Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger's Way View Post
    That's not exactly what I said.. or at least what I meant
    1> There is no easy way to pre-select hosting companies by their DC location(s). "[US]" in the tittle of their ads is kinda short!
    Searching in their website, or asking them is no trouble, just muuuuuch longer.
    2> Find then a test IP is easy because you are already chatting/emailing with them... Not from the very beginning.

So, yes, a very simple area map with as much DC as possible would be I guess very interesting. My own - still short for now - is ONLY around SJ and LA.

Your argument is that its too much trouble to click your mouse a couple of times? You've gone from providers refusing to disclose their data centers to the information is not apparent enough for you.

If I'm not mistaken a rep from Liquid Web took the time to post their DC locations for you here in the thread. How's that not easy enough?

No offense, but if you're too lazy to do a little leg work for your own good then you're not getting very far. Anything worth doing isn't easy my friend.
    SR Web Studio

Quote Originally Posted by sramadan View Post
    ...You've gone from providers refusing to disclose their data centers to the information is not apparent enough for you...
    I was hoping for help or direction, not proof you did not even read my first post: "After searching around here for some days, I have a very annoying trouble: Why 99% of US vps providers avoid to say where they are?"
    "Avoid to say" is quite different from "refuse to disclose"!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger's Way View Post
    I was hoping for help or direction, not proof you did not even read my first post: "After searching around here for some days, I have a very annoying trouble: Why 99% of US vps providers avoid to say where they are?"
    "Avoid to say" is quite different from "refuse to disclose"!
    Believe me I read your post. Again who are these providers that are "AVOIDING" to say where they are?

LiquidWeb gladly posted the answer for you right in the thread. I see dozens more with a clearly marked 'about network' page. Care to clarify the 99% statistic?
    SR Web Studio