Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Suggestion For New Host

    Hello everyone. I have a site and currently requires:

    Space: 5GB min
    Bandwidth: 60GB min

    Script: WordPress, SMF, Coppermine, PHPmotion

    cPanel

    I decided to move from Arvixe and I limited the list of new hosts between Scala Hosting, PlexiHost, and ImageLeet.

    Can you advise me which of these (or other), offers the best performance(also for European visitors)/uptime?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,281
    Why are you moving from Arvixe? Was your site using too much CPU/memory or something?
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM CloudLinux (Multi PHP) Offsite Backups LiteSpeed TrendyTools Softaculous

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    410
    To be honest I haven't heard of any of those hosts, but if you search the forum up top for those names i'm sure you'll come up with something on the forum!

    Good luck

    | | | |**The Top Web Hosts**

    Cheap Hosts Quality Hosts Coupons Save $$$

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    276
    If I had to choose one of the three, I would choose Scala, because they also have VPS and dedicated hosting, while the other two have only hosting. This way you can upgrade (if they are good) later on without the hassle of looking for another provider.
    Take a look also at WI. They have excellent support.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    /root
    Posts
    37
    Hi Mik,

    What prompted you to move your sites from Arvixe?
    Everyone will appreciate your comments.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by mik07 View Post
    Hello everyone. I have a site and currently requires:

    Space: 5GB min
    Bandwidth: 60GB min

    Script: WordPress, SMF, Coppermine, PHPmotion

    cPanel

    I decided to move from Arvixe and I limited the list of new hosts between Scala Hosting, PlexiHost, and ImageLeet.

    Can you advise me which of these (or other), offers the best performance(also for European visitors)/uptime?

    Thanks in advance.
    Sorry to see you go. If you were dissatisfied with our service I'd welcome any feedback you have so that we can look further into it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    864
    why would you want to leave arvixe.com?
    GS RichCopy 360 - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,590
    Quote Originally Posted by startsphere View Post
    To be honest I haven't heard of any of those hosts, but if you search the forum up top for those names i'm sure you'll come up with something on the forum!

    Good luck
    Yes, I personally never heard about those hosts either.

    I would recommend looking in the offers section for some decent deals on hosting services. You will definitely find what you are looking for.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Searching10 View Post
    If I had to choose one of the three, I would choose Scala, because they also have VPS and dedicated hosting, while the other two have only hosting. This way you can upgrade (if they are good) later on without the hassle of looking for another provider.
    Take a look also at WI. They have excellent support.
    Depends, I mean just because a host does not advertise and upgrade line, does not mean they can't achieve it for there clients... Not all webhosting services will advertise VPS or Dedicated offers, simply contacting a hosting companies sales department should correct any doubts

    So just basing your status on no possible upgrade path is obserred, as above not all hosts will advertise it, though in many cases can get a client up and running on a VPS or Dedicated Server quite easily!
    l Clever Emu (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2003
    l Leading UK and Ireland Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  10. #10
    I suppose you just need to chose one based upon reviews. (simple do the search for their domain name here). Then once if something going wrong with one of them you will have alternatives to shift to.
    Best luck

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    4,121
    I'd check out EZPZhosting.....they're very good indeed!

  12. #12
    I have never heard about these hosts so its difficult to choose one amongs them.
    I'd rather recommend you an Indian or US web hosting company..
    UK hosting company makes the think costlier.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by samuelthomson View Post
    UK hosting company makes the think costlier.
    It might cost more because of the VAT tax.
    If your location is outside the EU, then you will get VAT exempt (15%?) and most providers will honour this.

  14. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Similar Threads

  1. Web host is dying, need suggestion for new host
    By Jyxent in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 03:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •