Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Hey Tony,

My account recently expired and I wasn't able to renew it in time. If I buy a new plan, is there any way I can get my old data back, or is that all deleted once my account goes inactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Costin View Post
    Is there any coupons for renew? My hosting package expires in January and I want to continue working with you . Unfortunately my sites have not recorded any profit this year, so I am looking for discounts
    @pinkglow, I can confirm you, as a client, wordpress works great on hawkhost.
    At this time we do not offer discounts for renewals. You pick a coupon when signing up and you pick either one of the recurring ones around the internet or a one time one. We cannot give the one time large discounts on a recurring basis if that is what you used previously.

Quote Originally Posted by HundredProofSam View Post
    Hey Tony,

My account recently expired and I wasn't able to renew it in time. If I buy a new plan, is there any way I can get my old data back, or is that all deleted once my account goes inactive?
    Unfortunately if the invoice for the account is now showing as canceled then it is not possible to retrieve the data. As at that point it's been overdue for a month and we cannot afford to keep the data forever.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Do you allow mp3 (legal) hosting
    i need around 2 gb space 20gb b/w
    avg file size 4mb
    5000 monthly downlods so arround 200/day
    and a wordpress running in front (1k visitors/day)

I just signed up about 30 min. ago after utilizing their Live Chat feature. As of this moment, they are already starting the transfer process from my old host. I love them so far, and once the initial setup is done, generally speaking, there ins't much of a need for support, although its been great in the short time I've been with them. I'll update everyone after a few days and also months.

I also think this is a great deal, and I appreciate the fact that they don't offer these so called "unlimited plans."

-Kyle
    -Kyle Reilly
    http://www.kylecool.com - My Website
    http://kylereilly.com -KyleReilly.COM :: MY WEBSITE

Quote Originally Posted by furious001 View Post
    Do you allow mp3 (legal) hosting
    i need around 2 gb space 20gb b/w
    avg file size 4mb
    5000 monthly downlods so arround 200/day
    and a wordpress running in front (1k visitors/day)
    If it's legal then it should be fine.

Hey there

couple of days ago, I registered with you but you didnt accept my request, even thought I just registered a domain with name.com in the same day, Im from Morocco, what should I do now ?

Quote Originally Posted by cherik View Post
    Hey there

couple of days ago, I registered with you but you didnt accept my request, even thought I just registered a domain with name.com in the same day, Im from Morocco, what should I do now ?
    You should probably contact sales if you have not already.

Have 2 accounts with you - both on different IP addresses

So, if I take the 3rd one, could it be on a different IP address as well.

And is there any recurring discount coupon that is on currently ?

Quote Originally Posted by aspire1 View Post
    Have 2 accounts with you - both on different IP addresses

So, if I take the 3rd one, could it be on a different IP address as well.

And is there any recurring discount coupon that is on currently ?
    This really depends on several things - the only way we can guarantee it is if you purchase a dedicated IP. During the checkout add that you would like to be put on a different IP if possible and we'll do our best.
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.

Hi, i just paid for the hosting plan, but got no welcome email. My invoice no is 38634

Quote Originally Posted by xmiccyx View Post
    Hi, i just paid for the hosting plan, but got no welcome email. My invoice no is 38634
    Please submit a ticket to https://support.hawkhost.com/ if you still haven't received your welcome e-mail.
    Cody R.

I can't tell if cron jobs are allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by dagaul View Post
    I can't tell if cron jobs are allowed?
    Cron jobs are allowed.

it has been 1 month or more i m not sure.

my desicion is still same with first days.

really good offer best hosting service.no downtimes no freeze... thanks hawkhost.

Just signed up. It's good to know your company isn't going anywhere!

is your couponcode is work for life? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aufche View Post
    is your couponcode is work for life? thanks

It is for first payment only it is not recurring.

Cancelled order

I placed an order for a year of hosting, and waited over 12 hours for the account to be activated. I logged in to check on the status since I never got an email, and found out that the order was cancelled with no explanation. My credit card is valid and all the information was accurate with absolutely nothing that could have pointed to fraud.

I opened a support ticket to find out what happened, but even if it is a mistake and they correct it, I am not sure I want to go with this host. The lack of communication isn't the best way to start off a business relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I placed an order for a year of hosting, and waited over 12 hours for the account to be activated. I logged in to check on the status since I never got an email, and found out that the order was cancelled with no explanation. My credit card is valid and all the information was accurate with absolutely nothing that could have pointed to fraud.

I opened a support ticket to find out what happened, but even if it is a mistake and they correct it, I am not sure I want to go with this host. The lack of communication isn't the best way to start off a business relationship.
    Unfortunately we receive a large volume of fraudulent orders so something most likely didn't pass our fraud check - by default our action on these is to simply refund them. Generally speaking this is a non-issue though there are instances such as yours where it could be a mistake and or there is a legitimate explanation for why it didn't pass.

It's difficult to contact every single order that doesn't pass our fraud check as we receive such a large amount of them - also the majority of the time we would be contacting the a fake person / they use invalid contact information.

If you don't mind please PM me your ticket ID so I can take a peak.
    Cody R.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRo View Post
    Unfortunately we receive a large volume of fraudulent orders so something most likely didn't pass our fraud check - by default our action on these is to simply refund them. Generally speaking this is a non-issue though there are instances such as yours where it could be a mistake and or there is a legitimate explanation for why it didn't pass.

It's difficult to contact every single order that doesn't pass our fraud check as we receive such a large amount of them - also the majority of the time we would be contacting the a fake person / they use invalid contact information.

If you don't mind please PM me your ticket ID so I can take a peak.
    It appears it was simply canceled from non-payment and sitting for a 12-24 hours. I believe Tony has got your ticket so you should be good to go.
    Cody R.

I gave a credit card # when I filled out the order form and figured it would automatically charge the card. I guess I had to do a separate step and pay the invoice manually. Just a heads up for anyone else signing up.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I gave a credit card # when I filled out the order form and figured it would automatically charge the card. I guess I had to do a separate step and pay the invoice manually. Just a heads up for anyone else signing up.
    That's only if you add it after the fact - during the signup process it should charge it. Glad we figured out the issue - sorry for the confusion.
    Cody R.

Godaddy has limit for email storage, I think it is 100MB or 500MB on their shared hosting.

Do you have a similar limit on email storage or is it just the purchased diskspace?

does your email server support IMAP/ SMTP over TLS/SSL

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    At this time we do not offer discounts for renewals. You pick a coupon when signing up and you pick either one of the recurring ones around the internet or a one time one.
    Hi. Can you clarify this please? I don't understand the part about picking "one of the recurring ones around the internet"? Can you give me an example please of where I'd find a 'recurring' discount coupon?

I pay for my hosting annually. When it comes time for renewal, will the price be at the regular (previous year) price, or will it be at the current price (i.e., if your hosting fees have gone up or down at the time of renewal)?

Thanks!

Wanted to add the following questions:

Can I pay for more than 1 year at a time?

Is this promo offer still available?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tempurr View Post
    Hi. Can you clarify this please? I don't understand the part about picking "one of the recurring ones around the internet"? Can you give me an example please of where I'd find a 'recurring' discount coupon?
    Google it.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by JFSG View Post
    Google it.
    Yeah, duh. I should've figured that one out myself.

By "recurring ones around the internet" they apparently meant they offer coupons and/or specials from time to time for renewals. I found several links by Googling "hawkhost coupon".

Quote Originally Posted by aireal View Post
    Godaddy has limit for email storage, I think it is 100MB or 500MB on their shared hosting.

Do you have a similar limit on email storage or is it just the purchased diskspace?

does your email server support IMAP/ SMTP over TLS/SSL

thanks
    It shares your disk quota. We support IMAP/SMTP over TLS/SSL.

I pay for my hosting annually. When it comes time for renewal, will the price be at the regular (previous year) price, or will it be at the current price (i.e., if your hosting fees have gone up or down at the time of renewal)?

Thanks!
    If you look for coupons for us online you'll find some recurring ones that aren't 50% off but are for the lifetime of the account. If it states it's off the first invoice then it will go to the normal price during renewal.

Wanted to add the following questions:

Can I pay for more than 1 year at a time?

Is this promo offer still available?

Thanks!
    At this time the annual billing cycle is the longest we offer. This promotion is still valid.
    Cody R.

Question

Talking about annual payment.If I purchase annually after a year if I renew my account..Is it still the same price I paid from my first purchase?Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by iamglennmar View Post
    Talking about annual payment.If I purchase annually after a year if I renew my account..Is it still the same price I paid from my first purchase?Thank you
    If you use a recurring coupon the price will stay the same. If you use a one-time use coupon such as the 50% off one it'll go back to the normal price the following year.
    Cody R.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRo View Post
    If you use a recurring coupon the price will stay the same. If you use a one-time use coupon such as the 50% off one it'll go back to the normal price the following year.
    Sorr for being so noob.How can i get recurring coupon?please help.
    because i definitely purchase the annual one and renew annually.

And also if my web space is running out does the hawk host will inform me? because i am planning to start with basic plan and then when I think i am getting better with blogging and my web space is getting congested i'll go with the standard plan.They will allow that right? from basic to standard and so forth?
    Thank you for the reply.

Hi Tony

just wondering if hawk host have detailed FAQ section for new subscribers/clients?

Quote Originally Posted by iamglennmar View Post
    Sorr for being so noob.How can i get recurring coupon?please help.
    because i definitely purchase the annual one and renew annually.

And also if my web space is running out does the hawk host will inform me? because i am planning to start with basic plan and then when I think i am getting better with blogging and my web space is getting congested i'll go with the standard plan.They will allow that right? from basic to standard and so forth?
    Thank you for the reply.
    You'll want to contact our sales department but submitting a ticket at https://support.hawkhost.com.

We'll send you a notice at 80% and a few others when you're reaching your quotas so you know - you can upgrade at anytime so we suggest you use our basic plan to start with .

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo22 View Post
    Hi Tony

just wondering if hawk host have detailed FAQ section for new subscribers/clients?
    We have a knowledge base available that we're constantly updating / trying to improve.
    Cody R.

which is first.. buying a domain name or getting a webhost?

Which version of RV Sitebuilder is offered at Hawk Host? The Lite or Pro version?

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo22 View Post
    which is first.. buying a domain name or getting a webhost?
    You will need a domain in order to use our hostnig. So you could register it first elsewhere or from us.

Quote Originally Posted by sykomac View Post
    Which version of RV Sitebuilder is offered at Hawk Host? The Lite or Pro version?
    We use the pro version

Do you guys allow adult content? I couldn't find it in the tos.

Hi there, I am a newbie (as you can see in my title) and I need to choose a hosting company. I have a couple of questions:
    Do you have a catch-all email?
    I already have an email address using my domain (through godaddy), what would happen with this address if I host with you?
    Does any of the packages include google adwords?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by missakara View Post
    Do you guys allow adult content? I couldn't find it in the tos.
    Yes we do.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRataMamey View Post
    Hi there, I am a newbie (as you can see in my title) and I need to choose a hosting company. I have a couple of questions:
    Do you have a catch-all email?
    I already have an email address using my domain (through godaddy), what would happen with this address if I host with you?
    Does any of the packages include google adwords?

Thanks
    By default we have our own mail system you can use which includes normal connectivity via IMAP, POP and so forth. You also have the option from a few webmail clients.

Alternatively you can let us know if you want to keep using your GoDaddy e-mail and we can have it setup where you're hosted with us but your e-mail is going through them.

For a faster response you may want to take a peak at our support department and submit a ticket
    Cody R.

If I want to upgrade a package does it affect account (server change or something else) or you just set new limits?
    Thank you in advanced.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast